No announcement yet.

The Captain's Hand (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked this episode, battle scenes weren't a major part of it and that's for the better

Especially liked it when baltar announced he's running against the witch(aka the president) and Six clapped him on.

Is it just me or is john heard too fat to walk? i mean it looked like he waddled around CIC and the engineering room

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

BSG continues to be my favorite show, pretty much of all time. It was nice to see Pegasus kicking some cylon butt, just goes to show you how out of date Galactica really is compared to the new basestars.

Anyone catch that gemicon delegate saying that according to gemicon law, the teenager was property of her parents? I don't know about you but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live under gemicon law. I think Roslin made the right call in outlawing abortion since the human race is down to less than 50k but I wonder if Baltar was telling the truth that the human race would be extinct in 18 years given current trends?

Baltar is so much better than last season, he's coming into his own and seizing power for himself. Will be nice to see if he win the presidency only to have it ripped from him for some reason.

Comment

I used to think Atlantis was my favorit Scifi Friday show. But after the whole Pegasus introduction to the Galactica Mix It has amazed me and became my favorit show. I would love to see more of the Pegasus. Id actually want to see the Enginering room more. I expected it ot be a huge room with a massive engine in it or something lol. But I have to agree with arative Bsg is my favorit scifi series as of now

Comment

Originally posted by Denanthor
          How do you get promoted twice lol Major and now Commander. Hes just flyin right up those ranks lol.
          Easy, they have a very limited pool of qualified people to choose from due to the rest of the fleet being dead and all. Fast promotions like that weren't unheard of during WW2 when they had a similar manpower shortage, so I don't see how Apollo's promotion is such a big deal. The only other officer left more senior than Apollo is probably Colonel Tigh and he wasn't very well recieved when he was temporarily in command of Galactica, which is probably why he didn't get or want command of Pegasus, hence Apollo got offered the position, hence Apollo got "promoted twice".

Comment

Did anyone notice the "tension" between Adama and Rolsin when he brought up the comment in the mini-series about "making babies", It almost seemed like Rosilin was shocked like Adama was hitting on her.

On another note, when Lee was talking to Kara did you notice she was rubbing his hand with her thumb? Maybe I'm looking into it too much but it seems like Kara cant make up her mind about Lee, like now that she knows he is with Dee she wants him....

Comment

Oo no lol I wasnt critisizing it I was kind of amazed by it and all in all I think he desereved it lol

Comment

Awesome episode. Loved the battle scenes and Apollo is getting much more interesting to watch.

I am very glad that Dee's spine didn't glow red in the first scene, she is definitely not interesting enough to be a Cylon. Hope she isn't pregnant now. That would be yet another big wedge between Kara and Lee.

I also liked the idea of abortion rights dividing the fleet prior to the elections. It fits nicely with the Sharon/Helo story. Good twist to make Baltar run on a pro-choice platform and Roslin a pro-life one after Epiphanies (when Roslin tried to abort Sharon's baby and Baltar fought to save it's life.)

Baltar is becoming deliciously evil. Great character development. I wondered in the mini-series how long it would take me to truly hate him. It is getting close...

Comment

Wow...Lee is really on the fast track. Guess it helps when everyone above him keeps getting knocked off. Nevertheless I loved then moment at the end when Adama promoted his son - those two have come a long way. I loved Lee's quote: "Command is about people".

Not sure how long Lee will stay in charge of the Pegasus but it's interesting to see him making the command decisions his father was making at the beginning of the series. Nice to see Lee stepping up and making the tough calls after all the wallowing on the "suicidal" side he was doing during the Resurrection ship episodes.

Lee/Dee was not my favorite way to start the episode - still find that whole relationship to be contrived and phony but guess I'll have to live with it for awhile. I was awfully happy to see Lee and Kara get back on track as supportive friends and shipmates there at the end. I like that part of their relationship as much as anything.

Thought the battle with the basestars was great. And I like that Garner redeemed himself after really blowing it earlier in the show.

I don't mind the political overtones to the show. I'm not sure the whole abortion issue is one I'd pick to bring in but Ron Moore does a pretty good job (so far) at not being too heavy-handed. So Baltar is running against Roslin, eh? I wonder how many people would vote for him if they'd seen him talking to himself (Six) in the halls.

All in all - a good night of BSG. oooh....and the previews for next week look really interesting.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Best ep ever. Just watched it because I had to tape it, and I have to say I loved it. The opening was okay, I didn't care for it, but wasn't mad about it either. Baltar is Baltar again. Six is still in control. Lee is a commander this rocks. Also Starbuck, and Lee are friends again. I see where they are comming from on abortion, but I still think it should be legal.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

I like the scene where Garner tells Lee that he has the Conn, and Lee, unsure of himself, repeats it again, aloud.

Hmm, so it seems the Cylons are trying their new tactic of trying to isolate single battlestars and engage them en force. Did they not realize how strong one battlestar is?

Comment

Astaire310, roslyn is not "pro-life" (always found that label hypocritical anyway, but that's not the topic), she just thought she had to make that decision, based on what her oh-so-trusted vice-president told her great how baltar lured her into his trap "extinct in 18 years", yeah rrrrrright... gotcha!

Comment

Can the Pegasus produce new Raptors like they can Vipers...?

Comment

probably. why not?

Comment

Probably. Though they lost a good engineer, and it seems that all the others are incompetent compared to him.
                              Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

right forgot about that... they weren't able or willing to close three little valves "i have to get down there" .... *coughcowardcough*

Comment

Working...
                                X