The Captain's Hand (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tucker9477
    well, titans, it seems your ever growing hatred for lee continues. everyone has to have a skill, i suppose... i'm just afraid the latest promotion of the man you love to hate will shave years off your life... keep strong, my i-bro!
    Ya know what...I liked Lee in this episode. Several times he actually took charge and kicked butt. With Starbuck and the pilots goofing on Tranmmel and again in the CIC attempting to take charge of the situation with Trammel. Lee finally showed me something. Musta made Admril Adama proud! Not once in this episode did Lee bleed, cry or whine.
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by userfriendly
      right forgot about that... they weren't able or willing to close three little valves "i have to get down there" .... *coughcowardcough*
      That was so weak! He's the Commander for gods sake! He can't be running off in the middle of a HUGE battle! WEAK!! Even though he was marked for death the minute he was given the Red Shirt of Pegasus command and I saw it coming a mile away, I was still glad to see him go! Sissy. Actually made Lee look like a man in comparison!
      Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by titans
        ... Sissy. Actually made Lee look like a man in comparison!
        lol

btw, wasn't the look on dee's face sweet when she told him, how the galactica is called "the bucket" now?

and my favourite one-liner of this ep: "... ... you've got a brain?!" hilarious

Comment

lol

btw, wasn't the look on dee's face sweet when she told him, how the galactica is called "the bucket" now?

and my favourite one-liner of this ep: "... ... you've got a brain?!" hilarious
          where was that quote? I forgot it.

Comment

aaawwww... look here, someone needs to rewatch the episode

Originally posted by titans
            ... Not once in this episode did Lee bleed, cry or whine.
            right astonishing. totally out of character
            Last edited by Major Tyler; 18 February 2006, 07:04 AM. Reason: merge

Comment

aaawwww... look here, someone needs to rewatch the episode

right astonishing. totally out of character
              Maybe he's been replaced by a cylon...a manly cylon.

Comment

yeah, right...

er... major? what happened to my sig? if you feel my posts are to short for their frequency or the frequency to high for their length, that's ok... but... well?

edit: ok, have read your msg -.- sorry... but the traffic doesn't go via your systems, so why bother?

Comment

This episode was fantastic. I missed the opening scene, so I did not get to see the Lee - Dee angle, but I caught the rest. I was as shocked as everyone else that Lee made commander. This should be interesting. The battle scenes were awesome.

But my favorite part was the political move by Baltar. He is finally moving away from being a spineless mind slave of the Cylons and becoming the villian we all have craved him to be. He SO blindsided the President, it made me laugh.

Next weeks episode looks just as good. Can't wait.
                  -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

first post... Big BSG fan.

I have seen every episode of BSG, and this was one of the better ones.
                    I thought Starbuck seemed a little softer and I liked her that way. Her and Lee have great chemistry on screen, especially the scene where they "made up".

Battlescenes were fantastic, and what a horrible call by the new captain to jump into an obvious trap. Putting him in command actually was the biggest mistake, since he was an "engine" guy.

My only complaint, going back a few episodes, I though they killed Cain way way to fast, the episdoes where she was in were so great, so much tension and then suddenly she was gone.

This same episode, with Cain still in charge would have been better. Although she wouldn't have given her life, she would have sent someone to die for her decision.

Comment

Yay! Major Lorne jumped from the Pegasus Galaxy to the Battlestar Pegasus. How very slick... and unfortunately all too brief. *sigh* He was nice while he lasted, though, and at least Buster was (as far as we can tell) a good guy, trying to answer a distress call.

Lee/Dee continues to induce projectile vomiting. Please, for the love of the gods, MAKE IT END!!!

The abortion thing, while an interesting debate, seemed a little... I dunno, preachy isn't quite right. Politically heavy-handed, maybe. But then, I just have to accept the fact that however much I loathe politics in ANY form, it's still a serious part of BSG. *grumble*

Have I mentioned how much I hate Lee/Dee? It was good to see him grow a pair in the heat of battle, though, and manage to save the Pegasus. With a little help from Cliched Evil Red Shirt Leader of the Week. Might be nice if the Pegasus had had a commander that WASN'T a total b******. Would make the loss a little more interesting.

Comment

he might have had trouble keeping starbuck in line, but he was not a total b****** (whatever) - he made a wrong call, a mistake, yes. but, after all, he was an engineer, not a command vet.

and welcome to the bsg side of the board, cymans have fun!

Comment

He was deepening the "us vs. them" atmosphere onboard his ship, he was deliberately keeping Kara in the dark, he tipped his hand about his little spies being everywhere (it's one thing for a commander to seem omnipotent, it's another to wield it in a threatening manner), he wouldn't listen to outsiders, he threatened Kara, he threatened Lee... once again, a guest character has suffered attrition. If we'd been able to put him into better context, maybe his decisions would have made more sense (however "wrong" they were)- we might have understood him and his motivations better. Show us that he isn't quite able to handle the command position. Something, ANYTHING to make him a little more human and a little less of the blindly paranoid control freak Kara said he was. I know there are limits to what you can do in a 40-something minute ep, but I personally like to know WHY things happen and why characters react the way they do.

Cutting out the Lee/Dee scnee could have provided time for a few instances here and there of who the Commander guy was. Just because he's a Red Shirt doesn't mean he has no story to tell and it could have given us a better picture of what the Pegasus is like to see how he treated his staff and how they treated him. Did they do what he said because they were blindly following orders? Or did they actually respect him? Or is it just more of that "us vs. them" crap?

Comment

Well first...COMPLETELY enjoyed the episode as usual

After I got done *gagging* over Lee/Dee ... I was at least happy that they seemed more natural on the screen instead of wooden. But unfortunately TPTB have no idea just how much they have damaged Dee's character for me personally at this point. When she was *just Dee I really enjoyed her on screen moments and felt she had a compassion that was wonderful. Now I see she is no different than any other stereo-typical side bit female part. Comes off as one way for a while but then writers have to demolish her integrity and after she spent wpisodes making one man jump through hoops she now has yet another in her bed.... YAY...NOT ... daytime drama anyone?

All the interaction between the Pegasus Commander and Lee was interesting. Watching Lee get a handle on this guy yet realizing that this IS who is in Command and backing that up even though Lee knew the guy was totally unequipped for the job. Very well written and well played.

All the scenes with Lee and Kara were riviting.... these two just make the scenes *real* with looks and words.. Kudos to both the writers and the actors. Kara in all her bravado and then her face just drops when Lee throws out that she shot him. What a moment. WHAT a performance!!!

The Battle scenes...one word...INCREDIBLE!!!!

I don't mind the politics as long as they are *part* of the overall story and blended in and this was well done IMHO. I like that Laura was shown battling with this decsion. I also like how the writers showed that she has to make hard choices that may not make her well liked. I loved the last scene with the Geminese Rep. You have what you want Now Go...... powerful moment

Since they said in teh beginning a month had past I wasn't to shocked that Lee was already a Major and I expected the promotion at this point....I mean heck if they had to promote an Engineer to the Commander position then they were scrapping the bottom of the Barrel for ranking officers over on Pegasus... so I called that one when the Commander went into the room to save the ship... So it wasn't two promotions at once for Lee but two promotions over at least a months time

However, completely enjoyed the father son scene.

Overall I was thrilled to be pulled back *into* the show... last week boredme to tears........... with a few exceptions Kara and Adama being the only high points for me............ So this was a welcome return to BSG-land
                            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

yes loose the Lee/Dee..... if that crap wasnt there... the eppy would have been one of the best this season.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Just because he's a Red Shirt doesn't mean he has no story to tell and it could have given us a better picture of what the Pegasus is like to see how he treated his staff and how they treated him. Did they do what he said because they were blindly following orders? Or did they actually respect him? Or is it just more of that "us vs. them" crap?
                                I think it has been well established in prior episodes that the Pegasus crew had developed a strong "us against the world" attitude during their time before meeting the fleet. I would expect that feeling to be particularly strong among the guys running the engine room, since their sole priority since the original Cylon attack would be to keep the Pegasus going at all costs. Their distrust and disdain of the Galactica crew has also been clear, since they come from the "better" ship and were not the people stuck on a nearly decommissioned ship. In light of that, I didn't find the Red Shirt's attitude unexpected, but he did show very poor command judgment to keep Kara out of the loop and ignore Adama's orders. The latter poor judgment could certainly be chalked up to the fact that they guy just wasn't a military strategist and clearly didn't have much battle experience to draw upon.

What I did find interesting was the guard who was willing to overlook Lee Adama's relieving Red Shirt and follow Red Shirt's orders. Now that Lee is their commander, is he going to be dealing with a potentially mutinous crew or will the rank and file decide they are really part of the fleet now.

edited to try to make a coherent sentence

Comment

Working...
                                X