Resurrection Ship, Part 1 (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
    This is the best-it hit me like a brick that this show literally is doing everything I could possibly want when the Madam President has her best line of the season..."you know we have to kill her"
    Yeah, that line was great. I almost fell off my chair when she just said that.
    I was also suprised to see just how quickly Roslin's health is getting worse, I hope they don't kill her character off but I can't think of any credible way that they could keep her alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco_Dark_jeedai
      If he hadn't sent Starbuck, they wouldn't have the intel that they have.
      Exactly. If it hadn’t been for Starbuck, no one else would have been insane enough to fly right into the heart of the ship and take all those pretty pictures. Cain was ready to toss both of them in the brig for insubordination, but backed off because Starbuck got her something she wanted. Course sure Cain’s got it out for Lee because he in an Adama…. Had to kind of feel sorry for Pegasus’s CAG getting a demotion just because he didn’t keep a close enough eye on Apollo.

I do have one nitpick though…. How did the blackbird show up on dradis when Kara jumped back to the fleet? I thought it was immune to that.
      IMO always implied.

Comment

I just finished my marathon of sorts to catch up to Battle Star Galactica and wow, what a ride. Thanks to the video ipod i recieved this christmas i dl'ed the free video from itunes and it got me curious so i watched the mini-series, followed by season 1 n 2.0 and now Ressurection Part I.

I enjoyed the miniseries and the first episode 33, immensly. I was sort of let down afterwards that the episodes weren't as good. It was ashamed i watched the sci-fi insiders look at BSG because i knew some stuff that would happen but I look at season 1 as the groundwork for setting up the even better season 2. The first 2 episodes was completely amazing then it slowed down for an episode or two and then sped back up again. I'm so upset now that I have to wait week to week to watch BSG. I'm so used to watching in one big shot.

Sometimes I wonder if the writers have dug themselves into a whole by complicating things such as the Galactica and Pegasus going at each other but hey they managed to get through that with no gun fire and set up a lot of action and intrigue. Especially with this Ressurection ship, which is sort of the wharehouse for cylons and the whole thing with Admiral Kain. Good stuff indeed.

Comment

I think Rosslyn's pressing Adama to eliminate Cain was spurred on by her illness. Adama and Rosslyn have pretty much shared command of the fleet until now. When Rosslyn dies, Cain will be the de facto leader of the fleet (because, let's be honest, Baltar's got all the leadership skills of a piece of balsa wood) and Rosslyn understands that Cain should not be in that position. She wants Adama to be her successor, and the only way to do that is eliminate the competition.

As a technical question, why doesn't Rosslyn just promote Adama and relieve Cain of command? Isn't the President the Commander in Chief? Doesn't she have some executive powers she can exercise on this matter? Granted, Cain probably wouldn't comply, but shouldn't she be able to do so?

And doesn't Rosslyn HAVE to die? It's part of the prophecy they're apparently following that the leader dies before she leads them to Earth, isn't it? As much as I like the character, I don't see any way for her to live.
          Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
          I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
          What have these years left to me?
          Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
            I think Rosslyn's pressing Adama to eliminate Cain was spurred on by her illness. Adama and Rosslyn have pretty much shared command of the fleet until now. When Rosslyn dies, Cain will be the de facto leader of the fleet (because, let's be honest, Baltar's got all the leadership skills of a piece of balsa wood) and Rosslyn understands that Cain should not be in that position. She wants Adama to be her successor, and the only way to do that is eliminate the competition.

As a technical question, why doesn't Rosslyn just promote Adama and relieve Cain of command? Isn't the President the Commander in Chief? Doesn't she have some executive powers she can exercise on this matter? Granted, Cain probably wouldn't comply, but shouldn't she be able to do so?

And doesn't Rosslyn HAVE to die? It's part of the prophecy they're apparently following that the leader dies before she leads them to Earth, isn't it? As much as I like the character, I don't see any way for her to live.
            The prophecy is that a female leader will arise that will suffer a wasting illness. She will lead them to earth but she herself will never set foot on earth. It never specifically says she dies or give any time frame. They could figure out a cure or something that she doesnt die of the cancer, but the search for earth could take years or decades. She could die of old age before they reach earth or there could be a dozen different reasons why she woulndnt set foot on earth but still be alive. Thats the great thing about prophecies that are really broad and general like that, they can be interpreted to fit most any way you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
              If Gina really is the one that takes out Cain, then she might just turn the gun on herself right after it's done. Somehow, I'm thinking Starbuck might be really conflicted about doing it, but we won't actually ever get to find out whether or not she was REALLY going to do it. Like she walks into Cain's quarters or something, but Gina is already there with a gun. So she doesn't have to "go that far."
              Speculative
              Spoiler:
              Tricia Helfer hinted in "The Lowdown" that she believed she killed a Cylon at some point in season 2. So, looking at things so far, it could be Cain (unlikely, why would the Cylons sick a warmongerer on their precious res. ship?) or herself.

Comment

That certainly won't sit well with Cain. I can't see her blithely stepping down from command. If anything else, it'll probably piss her off even more and lead to more bloodshed.

I'm also glad we got a time frame as to how long it's been since the attack on the colonies. Six months, season one ended around a month and a half right?

Comment

As to promoting Adama over Cain: I think I remember hearing RDM say something about it in the podcast from last night. It was mostly to the effect of "Cain wouldn't go and her crew wouldn't really let her. Imagine if Roslin removed Adama from command - would the Galactica crew let Adama go without a fight?" I do agree that Cain wouldn't step down; she'd cannibalize Galactica and run from there.

I'm considering getting iTunes just so I can download the show. I love it!

Last night's favourite scene: When Lee visited Chief and Helo. The familial bond they seemed to share - even though they've not shared much screen time throughout the series, and when they did it was vaguely strained = really epitomized the differences between Galactica and Pegasus.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                    I do have one nitpick though…. How did the blackbird show up on dradis when Kara jumped back to the fleet? I thought it was immune to that.
                    I suspect that like most real life stealth planes and ships there are certain things that the ship can do that can cause the ship to show up on radar.

For example if on a stealth plane you open the landing gear doors or the weapons bay it changes the shape of the plane enough that the radar profile changes so that it can start showing up on radar.

I would assume that the same principle would apply to the blackbird and dradis.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      That certainly won't sit well with Cain. I can't see her blithely stepping down from command. If anything else, it'll probably piss her off even more and lead to more bloodshed.
                      Indeed, Cain has made it clear that she wouldn't stand for that. When she said, "Let's just cut through it," to Roslin and Adama, it really sounded like "it" was Roslin's presidential power. Roslin went further on this line when she pointed out that neither military ship has to listen to her if they so choose, and could pummel each other to the result of crippled defenses and massive loss of life. The gun is the final authority in Cain's world, and Roslin's shown she's not afraid to fight fire with fire by ordering Cain's assassination.

Comment

Unless they pull a Buffy. For those unfamiliar with the Buffyverse (and if you are than shame on you! ) the prophecy was that she would die. And she did...for like 2 minutes and then she was revived. It could be a loophole type thingy like that.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

>Michelle Forbes (who, by the way, was also Ensign Ro...

Thanks for that bit of information. I felt I had seen Cain before, but couldn't put it all together until until you mentioned that.

Comment

When the Vipers were shown launching from Galactica, I'm sure I saw Lee's Mk. VII among them (a quick glance at the episode confirms it; one Mk. VII emerges from among the Mk. IIs). My question then becomes, who's piloting it? How often does this happen? Is the new CAG, presumably Cat, incapable of flying the Mk. VII? Or am I just reading far too much into this?
                            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

This ep was just as enjoyable as most of the other BSG episodes. This show just does it. No zillions of complications of other aliens, and a more human focus. It's perfect.

I was hanging out for this episode from the previous, and it seems the same is happening again. But thankfully the gap isn't so big!

I thought starbuck was getting won over at some stages like when cain said to go back to caprica. It was good to see she was in over her head and asking for capt adama's help.

Looking forward to next week. Thank god for the internet. BSG S2 is not being shown here in Australia Not to mention it started off at 8.30 and moved to 9.30 then to 10.30.
                              My favs:

Comment

Kat was piloting a Mark II, but there are other Mark VII other than Apollo's. I think his might be parked in the Pegasus, he probably took it when he got transferred.

Comment

Working...
                                X