Resurrection Ship, Part 1 (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a thought:

The trailing cyclon ship is carrying backups of "human models". We saw pictures of the Sharon model courtesy of the Blackbird, but wouldn't one assume that there would be other models there as well? The ship provides a fantastic opportunity to try and identify other, unknown cyclon models that may be currently prowling the fleet while undercover. It would probably be risky as hell, but Starbuck could always take the Blackbird out for more recon photos or, even riskier, use a stealth boarding party.

It'll be interesting to see if that idea is brought up in the next ep. I have a feeling that the ship is going to bite the dust before anyone could take that chance though.

Comment

A subtle detail:

When Six said 'I just want to die,' do you really think she meant the same way as a human?
      Now, since we saw the 'Ship', we know the legend was true, at least partially: they don't die, they just download to another body.
      Therefore, is Caine's decision torturing her while keeping her alive really that much horrifying?
      Do you want to release an enemy who knows too much?

Until I know the exact process of Cylon 'death adn resurrection', I have to give her the benifit of doubt.

Comment

Nice theory there ToasterOnFire, and I would agree. The ship is bound to contain models for all the different Cylons within the fleet. But I’m sure that is a plot point they will overlook. Same way they avoided pressing Anders for descriptions of the Cylons that he and the others had encountered on Caprica. Anders made the mention that he had seen other Colonials in uniform who were Cylons and that’s why he couldn’t go by uniform alone when Kara asked him didn’t he see that she and Helo were in uniform.

Originally posted by Vapor
        I'm thinking that, at some point in Part 2, Baltar somehow convinces her not to give up her life so easily. But, like I said, it could go either way, and it could be awesome either way.

If Gina really is the one that takes out Cain, then she might just turn the gun on herself right after it's done. Somehow, I'm thinking Starbuck might be really conflicted about doing it, but we won't actually ever get to find out whether or not she was REALLY going to do it. Like she walks into Cain's quarters or something, but Gina is already there with a gun. So she doesn't have to "go that far."
        I don’t think we will either.

That look she gave Adama when he made his request was like “WTF. Are you serious?” I think Kara could possibly do it if she gets the chance, but I don’t see it going down like that. Kara won’t get the chance to see if she can pull the trigger or not. Though I seriously think she’d kill for the man when push came to shove. Especially if in their discussion, Adama mentioned Roslin’s concerns that Cain would eventually come gunning for him.

For Adama to ask someone to kill for him in such a personal way. Whoa. But I don’t see that as “exceedingly out of character” like Digi mentioned up the page, but at least the decision to do it didn’t come lightly. I think the revelation of what happened to the civilian fleet under Cain pushed him to it. I don’t think he made the decision because of fear for his own life but rather for that of his “family” and the civilian fleet. To see all that they have sacrificed for over the past 6 months wiped away by one person is not acceptable. I’m sure if he could do it himself, he would. (Though technically he probably could, but it wouldn’t make for great drama. Just kill her on Colonial One once the battle is over and they meet back up to discuss the Helo and Chief.)
        IMO always implied.

Comment

This was great, great television. This is how it should be done, textbook.

Assuming that part 2 doesn't frack things up in someway then this arc might stand as the best three hours of science fiction TV in a long time. They should burn it onto DVD and send copies to every lame ass SciFi screenwriter showing them how it should be done.

So many great moments.

EJO can express so much without saying a word. The scene with Roslin, Cain and Adama was an excellent triple header, especially the line about who would win in a fight between Galactica and Pegasus. Priceless.

Helo and Tyrol. In the few minutes per episode that these guys get, there has been more character development than leads in some shows get in an entire season.

Trica Helfer deserves some kind of recognition for her acting talents. The depths she brings to both the roles she plays is amazing.

The list can go on...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            Was anyone else reminded of a teacher reprimanding two bad students when Roslin was talking to Cain and Adama on Colonial One? Makes sense though, considering Roslin's past occupation. So funny to see two commanders of battlestars practically pouting in their chairs, not to mention Adama's quick retort when Roslin said that the Pegasus would win a starship fight. "Nuh UH! My battlestar would TOTALLY kick your battlestar's butt!"
            I did see that and it cracked me up. They were both pouting and sulking and it was great. Must say I was drop-jawed to hear Roslyn tell Adama to take Cain out. Didn't know she had it in her. Was amazed to see Adama command Starbuck to do it! Wow! Can't wait for next week and honestly, I'm hoping Cain survives. I love the darkness she brings to the show. I love the character of Cain.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by busuan
              A subtle detail:

When Six said 'I just want to die,' do you really think she meant the same way as a human?
              Now, since we saw the 'Ship', we know the legend was true, at least partially: they don't die, they just download to another body.
              Therefore, is Caine's decision torturing her while keeping her alive really that much horrifying?
              Do you want to release an enemy who knows too much?

Until I know the exact process of Cylon 'death adn resurrection', I have to give her the benifit of doubt.
              the bad thing about this is, pegasus six dies and what happens? her memories are uploaded to her successor and the other cylons (if i'm understanding things right. that's how caprica sharon has galactica sharon's memories....well what do you think the other cylons will do when they find out how one of thier own has been brutalized?

they are human in thier thoughts. IMHO, they're gonna be ticked off. ticked off in a MAJOR way. it'll be personal for them, or at least some of them.

nothing makes war more brutal than to have it be personal
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                the bad thing about this is, pegasus six dies and what happens? her memories are uploaded to her successor and the other cylons (if i'm understanding things right. that's how caprica sharon has galactica sharon's memories....well what do you think the other cylons will do when they find out how one of thier own has been brutalized?

they are human in thier thoughts. IMHO, they're gonna be ticked off. ticked off in a MAJOR way. it'll be personal for them, or at least some of them.

but if they destroy the Resurection ship before Pegasus Six dies then the other cylons won't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
                  Well, this is certainly Sci-fi at its best, no doubt about it.

There's one thing I found a little odd though. When Kara is talking with Cain on the Pegasus, she addresses Cain as "Sir"... shouldn't it have been "Ma'am"?

Just nit-picking here, can't wait for next Friday
                  No. Rank outways Gender in most Sci-Fi Military units.

Comment

Amazing dialogue at the end "pull out your gun and shot Admiral Cain in the head" so blunt so muc emotion in that one scene. What he should have done is released the number 6 on Cain so they could both die
                    My Blog - - Raise The Fist

Comment

wow nice to see one of my favourite sci-fi shows still has it after the dissapointing stargate episodes recently i really dont think fisk will do it i think he may even go as far as telling adama why he was sent there i think adama would trust him enough to give him command of pegasus if it survives i really hate cain shes such a well written character i love this show more every week im excited about the next part i really dont think many of cains crew like her or even respect her what kind of soldier kills civilians

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

From what I took away from the scene when she is asking to die is that she doesn't want to be downloaded into a new body because she has been so traumatized by what has happened to her that she'd rather cease to exist than to just be downloaded into a new body and that's why she told Baltar what that ship was. But you are right, if her memories were to be transfered, the cylons would be majorly pissed.

Comment

This is absolutely the best show on television today. Terrific writing AND acting by everyone.

I do wonder one thing though. . .how the heck are they gonna top psycho Cain after she is gone? That character is just incredible!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by megame
                            To me it would have been better if Cain was portrayed as someone just super determined and willing to go to any lengths to fulfill her goals. The psychopath leader just doesn't seem believable to me.
                            But she is super-determined and did go to extreme lengths, that's what makes her a psychopath.

Comment

OMFG this was such a great episode!!!! I really think it was better than the part 2's of SG-1 and Atlantis.
                              ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Excellent episode!!! Can't wait til Friday! Although, I think Apollo got screwed over. Wasn't it HIS plan to have Starbuck go and get the photos? Shouldn't he be getting the accolades? I think Caine screwed him because of Adama. If he hadn't sent Starbuck, they wouldn't have the intel that they have. All hail Apollo!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X