Resurrection Ship, Part 1 (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best part IMO:

Roslin: We all know that the Pegasus can win an engagement with Galactica...
    Adama: (mutters) I doubt that.
    Last edited by skrip00; 07 January 2006, 01:29 PM.

Comment

I don't have an expression of shock strong enough to describe how mind-blowing that episode was. Then again, I'd have to use the same one for every other episode of the series. I'm new here in the BSG forum, because I sorta speed watched 20 episodes in one week to catch up. (They're addictive!)

-Add Laura to my favorites list alongside Gaius and Starbuck. The "We've gotta kill her" line was too cool.
      -Gooooo Adama. He's the man.
      -I like Cain's XO guy. He seems nice, and I bet he'll turn on her when it comes down to it.
      -The reason Adama sent Starbuck and Lee to kill Cain as opposed to her sending a bunch marines is because he knows Starbuck could single-handedly kill everyone on Pegasus if she felt crazy enough that day.
      -Loved the ending.
      -Good character scene when Lee visited Helo and the Chief in the brig.
      -I can't even remember all the other stuff that rocked, the ep was too packed with good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        but i do think that there's a chance to 'save' laura.

think of the irony, they can 'destroy' the resurrection ship and find a way to resurrect laura, possibly in a new, healthy body. imagine the irony of a human surviving as or through cylon tech to lead the humans to salvation
        I agree they are going to find a way to save Roslin possibly through the cylons but i dont think they will go so far as to make her a new body. For one thing I dont think t would be the same trying to transfer Roslins conciousness and a cylons, the cylons are computer minds designed for that process, Roslins isn't. Also even if it were possible I don't think Roslin or the other colonials would go for it, it would just be wrong for them. The cylon bodies arent pure biological, they are an artificial framework with biological camoflage, given the horros the Cylons have commited and the near religios Jihad the colonials have towards destroying the Cylons, it would never be accepted.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
          -Good character scene when Lee visited Helo and the Chief in the brig.
          I know that was pretty good, I think that lee would rather be in there than with the rest of the pegasus crew, and it shows how the two crews are. I loved Helo comment on how the cylons were the enemy. It might have been the chief, but I can't remeber. I also think that having starbuck premoted, and lee's flight status being taken away was interesting because we now know that even though lee took the iniative, and gave the order to starbuck, and even ordered her to do the fly by that cain hates all the adama's.
          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

The worst part about this episode was the "to be continued" at the end. The hour just flew by and I was riveted the whole time.

*Loved the whole scene with Roslin, Adama and Cain on Colonial One. Roslin was very cool and handled it well....later whispering to EJO that Cain needs to be taken out. She HAS come a long way. EJO was great - he can say more sitting in a chair than most actors can with pages of dialogue. And I thought the scenes between Adama and Roslin, when she was laying in bed, were really good. I really like this new dynamic between them now that they're on equal footing and have become friends. There's no way they're killing off Roslin - I'm guessing some knowledge or technology provided by the Cylons will save her. For now.

*Starbuck. I thought one of the more interesting scenes in the show was the conversation between Cain and Starbuck. Cain seemed to be getting to Starbuck there by dangling the carrot of "Caprica" in front of her.

*Baltar/Gina interaction was also compelling, I jumped out of my chair when Gina started choking him. Then to see her break down and beg Baltar to kill her. Have to give Tricia Helfer credit. I thought she was just a tall blond model/turned actress with a great body. And she certainly has the great body -- quite evident last night - but she's also showing some real range playing Gina.

*I also liked the character moments with Helo and the Chief in the brig. Certainly glad to hear Helo finally wondering about his child and to see Tyrol coming to grips with his feelings about Sharon.

*Resurrection ship. Very cool. I hope we get to see a transfer of consciousness take place; I've been waiting for that.

*The ending. Whoa. To see them cutting back and forth between Cain and Adama as they planned each other's demise. I think Cain is going to die but don't think it's Starbuck who's going to kill her.

Is it Friday yet?
            Last edited by keshou; 07 January 2006, 09:38 AM.
            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Battlestar Galactica- "Resurrection Ship, Part 1"

Wow.... This is why Galactica is my current favorite show. Practically everything about it is just awesome to me.

Michelle Forbes (who, by the way, was also Ensign Ro in "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and Lynn in "24") turns out another fantastic performance as the powerhouse Admiral Cain. Her intensity is insane.

Speaking of intensity, I loved the score- especially in the opening scene (which is the same as the ending of the previous ep) with the violins (or something that sounds like it to my non-musical ears) strumming away as the two Battlestars prepare to go at each other.

I was really wondering how that whole situation would play itself out. Thankfully, logic prevailed. Pegasus is way more powerful than Galactica, so having them fight would be almost ridiculous, because we know who would win in the end...... Galactica . I figured it would have something to do with a third party interfering- maybe the Cylons attack or Starbuck coming back in the Blackbird. Great stuff.

So, now Starbuck is a captain (I assume this is temporary), and Cain suggests going back to the Colonies and beating back the Cylons, which works perfectly with what Starbuck had said earlier about wanting to come back with a rescue party or something. Great! They didn't just totally drop the idea.

My crush on Helo continues to consume me as he and Tyrol sit in the Pegasus brig awaiting their fates. Nice little scene possibly wrapping up Tyrol's "involvement" with Sharon. I guess they had to do a scene like this at some point. It's kind of a drag, really, since it feels like it's more for the writers' benefit (to make it easier to write scenes with those characters, without having Tyrol all misty-eyed about "what might have been" every five minutes), but I can see why it's important. And we get to see more of the conviction Helo has in his love for Sharon.

I love Roslin. The way she plays her scenes when she knows she has to be tough is so great. You just don't expect her to say/do many of the things she does, but I still somehow always totally believe it. Her announcement to Adama that they need to get rid of Cain is something that people might have expected to happen the opposite way, but instead of the military guy calling for guns blazing, it's the pacifistic politician. Yay for irony. And yay for emotional distress, as Roslin gets sicker and sicker.

Which raises an interesting question. Roslin's obviously dying. Is she a Cylon? If she was, she could die, and then come back. But then, since they're getting rid of the Resurrection Ship, that would be a problem, wouldn't it? I had this idea that, through some wierd "miracle" something would happen to Roslin and the cancer would be gone somehow. It's cheap sci-fi/fantasy, I know, but it's something they could go with. BSG is a show where they're constantly doing what's unexpected, so maybe doing what's expected would be unexpected itself for this show.

Another big question is what's gonna happen to Number Six's physical double, Gina. Will she join the show the way Caprica-Sharon did, or.... not? It could go either way, really. BSG is so good that it feels like they could make any possible story-route (within reason) work beautifully.

The final scene rocked, with Adama telling Kara his plan of assasination of Cain, and Cain doing the same to her Ex.O. Great. I love it when multi-parters go like this. Ya don't always have to end part one with a phaser pointed at somebody's head in order to create dramatic tension across a week. The quiet dialogue scene, with the actors working full-steam, is enough to make me want to see Part 2.

I give "Resurrection Ship, Part 1" an A+. Frackin awesome.
              Last edited by Vapor; 07 January 2006, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                *Starbuck. I thought one of the more interesting scenes in the show was the conversation between Cain and Starbuck. Cain seemed to be getting to Starbuck there by dangling the carrot of "Caprica" in front of her.
                She may have been baiting Starbuck with that promise to go back to Caprica, but I also think Cain is somewhat sincere in what she said about wanting to go back. Course I’m sure everyone in both fleets expresses that sentiment of wanting to go back and kick some Cylon ***, but Cain is crazy enough to eventually go back and try it single-handedly knowing it would be one last suicidal hoorah.

ETA:
                Originally posted by Vapor
                Another big question is what's gonna happen to Number Six's physical double, Gina. Will she join the show the way Caprica-Sharon did, or.... not? It could go either way, really. BSG is so good that it feels like they could make any possible story-route (within reason) work beautifully.
                I don’t see Gina lasting past the next episode. For her to give up the secrets of the Resurrection ship, she really wants to end her existence. If not by her own hand then by someone else’s. Though I’m not quite sure Baltar will have the grit to do it.

If they do successfully take out the Resurrection ship, it will have some interesting consequences for the Cylons within the fleet. Would they then be willing to continue to “sacrifice” themselves for the cause knowing that when they die, they are truly dead. The humans have played to that fear in the past with Leoben (even though he probably knew about the ship even though we as viewers didn’t at the time), but the playing field would change with the ship’s destruction.
                Last edited by LoneStar1836; 07 January 2006, 10:18 AM.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm thinking that, at some point in Part 2, Baltar somehow convinces her not to give up her life so easily. But, like I said, it could go either way, and it could be awesome either way.

If Gina really is the one that takes out Cain, then she might just turn the gun on herself right after it's done. Somehow, I'm thinking Starbuck might be really conflicted about doing it, but we won't actually ever get to find out whether or not she was REALLY going to do it. Like she walks into Cain's quarters or something, but Gina is already there with a gun. So she doesn't have to "go that far."

Comment

A-Ma-Zing. BSg blew me away last night. I hate humans - some of them - with a vengance! May the cylon race tear them apart!!!

Oh, sorry, getting ahead of myself, anyway, who's the biotch to end all biotch's who in command of that vessal?? I missed some important eps there, but she is sooo begging for a bullet in the head. And Starbuck better not falter, 'neither. She better blast that biotch away like day old tofu! The next ep is gonna be WILD, I bet. BSG's definitely my new favorite Sci Fi show - next to Lost.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

There was a couple of things that didn't sit right with me about this episode. To me it would have been better if Cain was portrayed as someone just super determined and willing to go to any lengths to fulfill her goals. The psychopath leader just doesn't seem believable to me.
                      The other thing is that I'm guessing that next episode will someone will be made of the X.O's and Starbuck hesitation in carryign out their orders. They kinda showed this with the lets go back to Caprica sceneand the X.O's bar room chat, but I think they could have made more of it. Not one of my favourite episodes to be honest.

The rest was good though, thought they did a very good job weapons hold battle. Roslin was great also.

Comment

Well, this is certainly Sci-fi at its best, no doubt about it.

There's one thing I found a little odd though. When Kara is talking with Cain on the Pegasus, she addresses Cain as "Sir"... shouldn't it have been "Ma'am"?

Just nit-picking here, can't wait for next Friday
                        Truth is relative. Pick one that works

Comment

The woman witnessed mass genocide, and all her buddies on other ships (some of them all-powerful Battlestars, like hers) were blown away right next to her.

Clearly the woman is severely fracked in the head. I found it believeable enough, since we've seen what the attack has done to so many others. It's fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman
                            Well, this is certainly Sci-fi at its best, no doubt about it.

There's one thing I found a little odd though. When Kara is talking with Cain on the Pegasus, she addresses Cain as "Sir"... shouldn't it have been "Ma'am"?

Just nit-picking here, can't wait for next Friday
                            That's common in military situations. Everyone is called "sir" regardless of gender.

Comment

Originally posted by keshou

Is it Friday yet?
                              oh definitely, it's a ploy. a way to turn kara and egg her on. and a promise that i don't think cain will ever deliver on. there's no way in hades they can retake and hold 12 colonies, now when they're surrounded by cylons on all sides

and if cain was willing to murder civilians in cold blood and leave them behind to die, she doesn't give a fig about the stranded rebels on caprica or any other planet
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm now fully convinced. This is the best-it hit me like a brick that this show literally is doing everything I could possibly want when the Madam President has her best line of the season..."you know we have to kill her"

Comment

Working...
                                X