No announcement yet.

Crossroads, Part 2 (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok im probably wrong but from what i read in another thread the final cylon model was in the season finale. I went back and watched it again and noticed that lawyer, what he said to Lee prior near then end "You were an honest man, much unlike your grand father". Then when he walks away lee looks at the cane left behind.

Probably wrong but that one scene just looked as if there was something more to what was said. The whole Caprica series idea?

Comment

His use of the cane was a fake, he was using it to engender sympathy from the judges during the trial. Simply one of the many angles he effectively used to try to get a not-guilty verdict for his client.

Comment

Originally posted by Enva View Post
        Ok im probably wrong but from what i read in another thread the final cylon model was in the season finale. I went back and watched it again and noticed that lawyer, what he said to Lee prior near then end "You were an honest man, much unlike your grand father". Then when he walks away lee looks at the cane left behind.

Probably wrong but that one scene just looked as if there was something more to what was said. The whole Caprica series idea?
        Yeah I was wondering the same thing and this convo was also being explored and I pasted from another string here in the BSG section.
        --------------------------------------------------------------
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Davidtourniquet View Post

I'm leaning towards baltar's lawyer for some reason, got no reason for it, just a hunch.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------

I have wondered why no one really had talked about this possibility. Seems everyone is concerned about the President, Starbuck or Dualla being the last of the final five.

I have seen and as has been posted several times about RDM and company saying that there are clues to all of the final 5 in CrossRoads and I really do think that Romo Lampkin(The lawyer) is definitely a possibility. When there was an attempt on Baltar's life and in the explosion Lampkin get's injured severely and now can not walk with out a Cane. In the end of Crossroads II as he disembarks from the Galactica while talking to Lee, He Leaves behind his cane and walks off normally and then completely disappears out of scene. Now prior to him doing he and Lee where walking down the corridors of Galactica and he was still severely limping and using the cane so no one can say he wasn't using the cane any more. If anyone doesn't know what I am talking about. Go to CrossRoads II and start watching the episode starting from when Lee and Lampkin are in the Room after the courtroom scene with Baltar and Baltar is being smug but appriciative, while Lee and Lampkin are on short fuses and not entirely happy with Baltars lack of Humility.

TheChosen1

Comment

Jaffa Warrior

Berg417448 is now incubating, and will one day take a human host
          Default Re: Final Five Cylons. (Possible Spoilers)
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JadedShock View Post
          I guess the reason why some people aren't thinking Lampkin is because they just assumed his using the cane was a gimmick to garner sympathy in court, not because he's a Cylon or something.

Who knows! Could be interesting if he was.
          I think you are right about why people tend to disregard his use of the cane, He played games with people...taking Laura's glasses...the way he used the ink pen...or using Adama's law books to get inside of Lee's head.

This could be true, but still you have to take into consideration that he was very much affected by the blast/explosion and was pretty messed up. Now if he is a cylon or one of the Final 5 and wanted to remain hidden he would naturally "play along" and continue to be "injured" thus playing the sympathy card for his loss of movement and his use of the cane. But with the court case over and He is leaving Galactica he parts company from Lee possibily leaving a clue for Lee.

Anyways one last comment. Lampkin also said He knows Lee's Grandfather. Well Both men look pretty similar in age and Lee said he didnt know his grandfather that well or at all but Romo Lampkin could tell him all sorts of things about him. Perhaps even further clarifying that He is either A. One of the Final 5 or B. Some form of the Cylon God, pherhaps "The one name that is not to be mentioned".

It's good speculation but I definitely feel there is more to the Romo Lampkin story there. Well there is definitely enough for speculation and I would like to see if we can break down this character like we have gutted out all the others here and see if we can come up with some possibilities and plausibilities or what we can on this character and what "could be" for Season 4 or even Razor for that matter.

TheChosen1

Comment

Not sure if I need the spoiler tags anymore so just in case....

Spoiler:
            And here I was thinking that it was "obvious" that Roslin is the 5th. Didn't she have a shared dream with Athena and then she freaked out at the same time as Athena and Caprica 6??

Reading this thread is making me think again. Or is it so obvious that it can't be true, if you know what I mean??
            Save Dr Carson Beckett!!

"I was sure I was gonna wake up dead this morning"

"Ah yes, let's race towards the gunfire"

"We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get??"

"And you are Lord Mot, here to punish us for our insolence....etcetera, yada, et al."

Comment

The cane was a gimmick to get sympathy, drop it dude

What a totally gimmicky character too. Well-acted though.
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by firefly30 View Post
                Not sure if I need the spoiler tags anymore so just in case....

Spoiler:
                And here I was thinking that it was "obvious" that Roslin is the 5th. Didn't she have a shared dream with Athena and then she freaked out at the same time as Athena and Caprica 6??

Reading this thread is making me think again. Or is it so obvious that it can't be true, if you know what I mean??
                Yes, but she had the cylon blood transfusion, which would explain that, not to mention her history of having visions. Personally, I'm 100% positive that she isn't a cylon.

Comment

If she were the final one, that would just ruin it.
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    If she were the final one, that would just ruin it.
                    I agree- her story has so much more meaning/interest if she isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Yes, but she had the cylon blood transfusion, which would explain that, not to mention her history of having visions. Personally, I'm 100% positive that she isn't a cylon.

Plus the fact that RDM already said in the Frak Party Q&A that she is one of two characters that he absolutely does not want to make Cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        that makes sence, if it was hera projecting the dream to Caprica6, Athena8 and Roslin.

here's a question though, do you think there are "many copies" of the final 5, or just the ones on the ship.
                        if there are just the ones on the ship, who's to say the 5th isn't dead already... perhaps starbuck?
                        anyway, what was with starbucks ghost at the end?? was she real or a ghost or lee's imagination or what??
                        also i have to say the final 5 music is an awesome song!!
                        and the last 5 minutes of the ep gave me proper chills down my spine it was SOO COOL!!
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it add so much complexity to the character of Laura Roslin, if she found out she was the final one of the final five... and committed suicide just before they got to Earth? Or am i the only one with a sick sense of what'd be good?

Comment

i dunno, the prophecies do say she will not live to see earth, but i dont think she is, she didn't hear the music,
                            thats why i think it's starbuck!
                            it would also explain why she's there at the end. she's either resurrected or in lee's head like 6
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: Badger's post on page 18:
                              I may be alone here but I was majorly disappointed by this episode in fact by the whole season.

There's been too much cylon mysticism, most of which is unexplained and much of which contradicts basic assumptions established in the major plot lines...

----------

I agree with a lot of what you said. While this was an awesome episode, I have some serious problems with the plot and the direction things are going now. Crossroads was actually the first ep I ever saw of BSG, then went and rented all the previous eps, and just now watched Crossroads again on Sci Fi reruns. The first time I saw it I had no clue Cylons could be humans, etc. but it was just an awesomely filmed, directed, and acted tv episode and I was hooked. But now that I know the plot, characters, etc. there are problems. I have to say that Tigh being a cylon really bugs me. He hates Cylons more than anything. And if he is 50+ years old and has 50 years of human memories, has hated Cylons for dozens of years... even if he found out that biologically he is one, is that going to change his memories, his feelings, etc?

It seems WAY too coincidental that so many Cylons would be on Galactica. After all, it was an accident that Galactica even survived the Cylon attack in the first place. So all of these Cylons would have been murdered by their bretheren (and Cylons seem to have some type of soul or conscience that keeps them from doing certain actions like committing suicide, etc.) If the Cylons ordering the attack didn't know who the final 5 were, which seems quite odd to me, it seems like they would at least know that the 5 could be scattered throughout humanity (since they obviously weren't on any Basestars) and would take more precautions, use a human plague, something. Then it makes one wonder why Cylons would torture and kill on New Caprica so freely, when they could easily (and apparently did) torture one of their own. Shouldn't the Cylons be working on a Cylon detector so they don't accidentally kill off their own race?

I'm troubled by the whole plot lines of "Hey Cylons aren't that bad, they just want to frack humans so they can have babies.. That whole nuking billions of us, they realize that was a big oopsie now.." Cylons are machines and, while we've seen a human side to them, they are quite logical and I can't imagine them starting a war and murdering billions without thinking it through VERY carefully. Caprica six suddenly grows a conscience after helping exploit weaknesses that led to the deaths of billions? I could see someone like Boomer who maybe wasn't in on the original war plan having regrets later, but Six? Also, I'm sorry, maybe I would use Boomer on missions and such, but after she SHOT ME IN THE FRACKING CHEST WITH NO WARNING AND ALMOST KILLED ME I would not let down my guard around her again. She obviously didn't *want* to kill Adama, so why do people think she will have the power to stop her programming the next time? (such as right now--this last jump that has things going haywire could easily have triggered her programming again).

I don't believe those 4 ARE cylons, and RDM has used misdirection in the past in interviews. They hear some music, and so they suddenly assume that means they are cylons? Maybe, but that seems like a big jump to conclusions on my part, and it seems out of character for Tigh to even think it. Tigh seems like the kind of guy who, if he died, and woke up in a resurrection ship, would STILL believe he was human, and that he was hallucinating. But no, he hears an odd song that 3 others do, and his conclusion is---I must be a cylon! This will all be explained in 2008 and I hope they are NOT cylons.

I still view Cylons as evil, and I realize many here on this board don't. Perhaps the final 4 will help change my mind about that, and prove that (some) Cylons deserve to live. But a machine is still a machine, and I wouldn't have any qualms about turning off a machine, permanently, even if it was with a biological virus. Sorry, but Col Tigh would have used that if he were in control, and I thought it was a little out of character for Adama/Roslin to back away from it as well. I mean besides Boomer when have they shown ANY compassion towards any cylon, and like I said, how could you trust Boomer again? Doesn't make sense.

Also not to nitpick but I agree with your views on all the media. We're talking about ~40,000 people, and yet there are over a dozen media choices this on the run rag tag fleet has to choose from, according to the number of media present at the presiden'ts press conferences. Hell, we have nowhere near that many media outlets in the 300+ million richest country on earth.. And on the subject of the size of the fleet, I'm sorry but 40,000 is a lot of people and there would be births going on every week, but according to the numbers this almost never happens. 40K is a decent sized small city and just by the law of averages there would be lots of reproducing going on (especially with abortion outlawed and such) yet the numbers don't go up much.

I love this show and will watch every episode. However, all the above bother me, and there have been so many dropped plot lines that could have been explored (such as what is "God" to the cylons, why is Caprica 6 in Baltar's head, why did they stop working on a cylon detector, why can Caprica 6 seemingly predict the future to Baltar, does Baltar regret his actions on Caprica, are there more Resurrection ships and how can the Colonials use the destruction of these ships to fight and win against Cylons for once, and what in the world is so special about Earth anyway? I mean is there an invisible force field that keeps Cylons out? Why would the whole fleet risk so much to get there? It's not ALL a secret.. explore some of these plot lines, and use more of your awesome, awesome actors. I think ratings would be higher and maybe get a 5th season if you did.

Comment

man do their like to mess with the fans great ending to a season had more question then answers
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X