No announcement yet.

Crossroads, Part 2 (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindblowing. That's all I can say. Also, Trek_Girl42's sig (from back in the day) with lyrics from All Along the Watchtower now makes perfect sense... Wish I'd known that at the time.

Fantastic. It completely had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. This show is just... Amazing. Now i'm gonna have to read through this thread for little bits i may have missed...

ETA: I just read James Callis ad libbed the "Butterfingers!" line. That was amazing! ****ing genius.
    Last edited by Anubis69; 01 May 2007, 03:11 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

OK, Haven't gotten round to commenting on any of the last four eps so this includes some general stuff.

1. Scratching Starbuck in the fashion they did never made much sense. My thinking is that she's the last Cylon.

2. Lampkin was a lot of fun but I was wondering for a while why Lee was sticking with the Baltar case. And then his speech was just on the money. Baltar not guilty, fair enough.

3. All Along the Warped Tower is very addicting.

4. OK, my take on what a track from 1960s Earth is doing in the BSG universe.

As others have said, in this reality, Earth is sending out radio signals. The Cylons pick up one Earth version or another of "All Along the Watchtower". They create their own version, add some subliminal stuff, use it to get their sleepers on Galactica in one place. I think that still fits in with the RDM stuff.

5. Point 4 means that Earth has to be either recent past, present day or future.

Overall...kaboom!
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseowl777 View Post
        anders and kara, and then helo and athena have been married a while now... neither of the couples have said ummm sweety ur spine glows red when we're... uh... yah..
        perhaps they never were in a position to tell -)

Comment

brilliant episode, I also believe that Starbuck is the fifth and final cylon but we will have to wait until next year to find out which is rather annoying
          Spoiler:

made by krissie678

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            perhaps they never were in a position to tell -)
            I've been trying to figure out how to say this for a while. Good work!
            Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
              Mindblowing. That's all I can say. Also, Trek_Girl42's sig (from back in the day) with lyrics from All Along the Watchtower now makes perfect sense... Wish I'd known that at the time.

Fantastic. It completely had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. This show is just... Amazing. Now i'm gonna have to read through this thread for little bits i may have missed...
              -insert evil laugh-

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
              ETA: I just read James Callis ad libbed the "Butterfingers!" line. That was amazing! ****ing genius.
              That was ad-libbed? Nice! That was one of the best moments of the ep.

Comment

A few thoughts on the whole thing;

On the 4 Cylons

While RDM has said in interview that the 4 are Cyclons, it's not beyond the realms of possibility for him to be lying. He and others on the production team also made a big deal of telling us that there were no plans at all to destroy Pegasus, and that she was going to be around for a long time.

I guess one of my biggest questions has to be about the ageing (or otherwise) of Cylons. Of the original seven only #8 had any real interaction with other members of the fleet prior to the original Cylon attack, and that was only a couple of years. Whereas if you accept that either of Tyrol and particularly Tigh are Cylons then they all have very lengthy relationships with Adama at least, to the extent that they must have aged. Tigh and Adama have known each other for twenty years, Tyrol's now been serving under Adama for the best part of 7-8 years. Also worth noting that not-Leboen tells Starbuck that she "looks young" in the Maelstrom flashback.

I dunno, ageing for Cylons doesnt' seem to mesh well with the resurrection concept.

Timeline stuff

Aren't we assuming rather a lot in terms of Cylon development? We're talking about a "race" that's only existed for about 60 years max. A lot of their mystical stuff and connection to earth seems to predate that. And actually the entire development of what seems like a pretty coherent religion in such a short period of time is quite surprising.

Taking RDM's comment that; "It's more that they arrived at a certain point in space and they were made aware of who they are. The music manifests a dawning awareness." Doesn't that suggest that the final five, assuming they are a seperate faction in some way within the Cylon group, have known all along at least some part of the route to earth? Otherwise why would the approach to earth and the reaching of a certain geographical point in space have provoked such a reaction among sleeper Cylons?

...I wonder if that is what RDM is talking about, about having to reassess what being a Cylon means in season 4. There's nothing to really suggest that the final five are toasters. If they're actually non-Cylon in those terms, but leading the Cylons (or at least have led them in the past) then that does account for the coherence of Cylon society.

Although one worry on that part is that, at least when she first told Baltar, I seem to remember Caprica 6 was pretty matter-of-fact about there being 12 human-model Cylons. There wasn't any suggestion then that there was differences among that group, or that the final five were in any way special.

Comment

There is a great deal that we do not know yet. It may be a mistake to assume that the Cylon 'race" is only 60 years old. The Temple of Five was built thousands of years in the past yet that was where the "Final Five" were revealed in the vision. Couple this with the show's recurring them of "This has all happened before and will happen again" and you come up with the possibility that Cylons and Cylon history may be quite different than we think.

Comment

Sorry if this has been answered before, but which version of all along the watchtower is used in this ep.?
                    oldcelt1

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt1 View Post
                      Sorry if this has been answered before, but which version of all along the watchtower is used in this ep.?
                      This link will explain it all:

http://www.bearmccreary.com/html/blog/blogmain.htm

Comment

Its a copy alright but Kara went to Earth where those terrible paranoid primates on the planet when told of the impending invasion of a bunch of metallic killers on the way started cranking out the most advanced flying machine they could, and Kara took on of the copies back with her.

Comment

Again, sorry if this has been covered but where do I know the actress who played the woman who whisked Baltar away from? She is very familiar and it is really annoying me that I can't remember who!
                          oldcelt1

Comment

"...and you missed! Butter fingers!"

Greatest BSG quote, ever. I'm glad I decided to watch the second half despite how poor it has been if only for that line.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcelt1 View Post
                              Again, sorry if this has been covered but where do I know the actress who played the woman who whisked Baltar away from? She is very familiar and it is really annoying me that I can't remember who!
                              She was the doctor who was doing the autopsy on that monster thing in the SG-1 episode 'Uninvited' if memory serves... She was in one of the Final Destination films too I believe...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                                We don't necessarily know if he just means that no two cylons have ever had a child, or if he actually means that there have never been any kind of pure cylon children.
                                The only thing this episode lacked was a cylon in a leather jacket
                                jumping over a shark
                                Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                                They had to fake the ratings
                                They had to fake the ratings.
                                Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Working...
                                X