X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
    same here

that seemed like tears of Joy to me

also is it me or did the ending hint that Japans the reasons earths going to go get get destroyed :3
    it was a refection on humanity in general i think
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Ya know, I'm kinda iffy on the coda. It was really just a wink to the audience, but I think the better ending was panning out from Adama on the hill.

But wow, so many great scenes tonight. Lampkin as acting president with Hoshi as acting admiral, Galactica jumping close enough to spit on the colony, the reveal of the opera house scenes, Tyrol getting revenge for Cally, Cavil's "frak me" before blowing out his brains, Kara's FTL secret, Sam's last scene, Adama taking Roslin for that last flight (wept like a damn baby), Kara vanishing before Lee, Baltar weeping over being a farmer.

Thanks to TPTB, the actors, and everyone else involved for delivering such a satisfying show.

Comment

Excellent finale, but it was waaaaaaaaaaay too long. SGA was too short and this one was too long. I am not happy about the Starbuck turnout. I think that was a cheesy way to end her character. What happened to Daniel? They should of never even mentioned that. Also, how did Starbuck know the notes to that song? How come she was called the halbringer of death? A lot of questions left unanswered, but overall an excellent Series finale.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          it was a refection on humanity in general i think
          but all the cute lil dancing robots where Japanese :3

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
            You could assume that Kara was a head person, but people also assumed that she was a cylon. So until they say, we don't know.

I took that ending when Baltar said "silly me" as to say that HE is "god".

And that Cavil scene was the best part of the episode.
            I agree, I took Baltar's words the same way. And the fact that he and Caprica are still alive in the future helps that theory. Oh, and Cavil's reaction was the best ever, I literally said "Oh FRAK!"
            Xavier Cortez in GWRP
            sigpic
            BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
            DIXON: What, again?

Comment

So basically replace the original series star ship people with angels+god? Series was good but not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
                Seems strange though that just Hera was the mother of all humans.
                Hera must have something in her blood that allows her offsprings to be fitter to survive. That's not out of the question.

Up until that point at the end, I was slightly annoyed by how unimportant Hera had become AFTER all that effort to rescue her.
                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by kingzing View Post
                  I agree, I took Baltar's words the same way. And the fact that he and Caprica are still alive in the future helps that theory. Oh, and Cavil's reaction was the best ever, I literally said "Oh FRAK!"
                  Baltar and Caprica weren't alive. Those were the angels that they saw in their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                    but all the cute lil dancing robots where Japanese :3
                    humanity will always be driven to create advanced tech and artificial life no matter the circumstances

the fleet made a choice to not evolve with the tech their had.

and look what happen 150.000 years later

we're still creating artificial life

Comment

Like I thought, this finale was bittersweet. It was an amazing 2+ hours of TV, but now that it is over, I am actually quite sad. I am glad so much was addressed though, and that things didn't seem too forced. Overall, this was an excellent way to end this wonderful show.

I for one salute BSG, and thank it and all those that made this show possible. It has been one hell of a ride.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Loved it.

Tears at SEVERAL points flowed freely, and not the least of which was when Anders flew the fleet into the sun, accompanied by the Original Series theme... I thought that was really classy and really transcended the frame of the show to make the finale all the more satisfying in a multivalent way.

Loved Cavil TO DEATH.

And of course BLOWN AWAY (if it was a theory that was discussed) by the way Hera become mitocondrial eve and they start the human race.

I really hope we get it right this time.

There is a kind of unexplained leap in human development around 100,000 years ago - I love how they've used modern day science and theory to embellish the mythology of the show.

Man, I can't say enough about this show. Seriously the best sci-fi show ever and believe me, I'm a Star Trek and Stargate fan of the highest order. [o/t don't get me started on how that commercial for SGU makes it look to be a BSG grave-digger in style and theme, they only flash the gate for a second at the end? of course I'll check it out I have to but... yikes]

A few questions:

Does the genetic diversity of the colonists or cylons mean they all moved to the places on earth where those genetic traits are prevalant? I guess more likely not since human life/civilization is pretty certain to have evolved from Africa, where they landed, so only after many years did the differing genetic/environmental though perhaps so much was lost over 150,000 years we can never know exactly what happened.

ETA:

They also stayed true to one of the concepts of the original show as in the opening voice over -- LIFE HERE... STARTED OUT THERE

Loved it. Kara is the Angel 'of' Death (a dead angel). How about that?
                        Last edited by langdonboom; 20 March 2009, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          Ya know, I'm kinda iffy on the coda. It was really just a wink to the audience, but I think the better ending was panning out from Adama on the hill.
                          I have to agree with you on that. I understand the present day piece with Eve/Hera - that was cute, but they could have stopped there. Those last few lines...mmmm...

Still, I say again - they rocked.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

so there are people walking around on earth with cylon blood in their veins

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                              humanity will always be driven to create advanced tech and artificial life no matter the circumstances

the fleet made a choice to not evolve with the tech their had.

and look what happen 150.000 years later

we're still creating artificial life

The purpose of life is to live it and create it. We create our lives in various forms and our bodies are just mere extensions of our selves and the machines that we help to incorporate our activities and daily work. We humans live to create, we are always creating.

TheChosen1

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                                I'm pretty sure after 150,000 years, the Centurions are out there everywhere.
                                Unless of course they got cocky and tried to create their own artificial life...

Comment

Working...
                                X