No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to be honest. I have seen a lot of series finales. But this one ranks up there.

Compared to the last 9 episodes, this one blew the roof off the second half of season 4.

I have to say the funniest part of the whole show was Cavel offing himself.

"Oh Frak!" Click

I was sadden to see the 'Big G' go away, I suppose that would have been the best way to avoid any contamination of the people on earth (Non-colonials and there off spring).

Seeing Roslin die absolutely killed me, and then seeing Bill Adama get upset and him putting his wedding band on her really pushed me over the edge, I am tearing up now.

The Battle between Galactica and the colony was absolutely stellar, the CGI was up there, it was funny seeing the Centurions (Old and new) duke it out like it was a giant version of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots, that was funny.

I was surprised to see Adama order Galactica to be rammed into the colony, and I am really surprised with all her structural damage that she didn't just blow apart when that happened.

It was sad to see Sam in his vegetative state all the way to the end.

Yeah Tory got what she deserved, but I would have liked to see the Cylons get Resurrection technology back.

Kara, an angel. Must be the horns that keep the halo straight.

What confused me was Head 6 and Head Baltar. I figured out head 6 and head Baltar were angels/demons early on in the series.

But when Head Baltar said "You know he doesn't like being called that". Makes me wonder, who the higher power was....

Was Head 6 a Angel and Head Baltar a Demon? That is one question I would like a answer 2.

The message I got during the last 15 minutes of the show was.

1. Keep Klenex close by..
    2. Cherish the ones you love
    3. Don't take life for granted
    4. Keep technology on a tight leash
    5. Human life is the most precious of all gifts.
    And
    6. Family is the most important thing next to life.

Oh also two additional things I learned from the series.

RDM is one hell of a Producer, Director and Writer

and Frak is part of my Vocabulary.
    Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
    End of line.

Comment

Why couldn't you have waited until the download was OVER!

They had convinced... Cavil the Narcissistic hyper-Atheist to take a leap of faith. Cavil.

They had done it. They had broken the cycle... but no... he had to act on his very understandable... but poorly timed impulse.

Almost a happy ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
        What a sad ending with Adama and Roslin, that was nice though with the cabin.

And what was the part with the Starbuck disappearing? What was she? I still didn't get that.

I too liked the thought he gave to roslin, but some part of me felt he would take the raptor back up to galactica and fly with it into the sun.
        As to starbuck, i felt since she might have been one of the angles like head six and baltar, she felt her work was done so disappeared.

When Boomer met up with Athena, and her homage to Adama that she owed him one, and had repaid the debt. She finally took responsibility for her actions. And her knowledge that she was going to die.
        I felt that redeamed her, and applauded her for it. Especially when she said "we all make choices"...

I'm pretty sure after 150,000 years, the Centurions are out there everywhere.
        Remember though the resurrection 'forumla' was disturbed in transmission..

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis00 View Post
          What happened to the rebel cylons and their baseship?
          The baseship was given to the freed Centurons to do as they please.

They were last seen jumping away.

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the dying leader make it to earth?

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
              also maybe im so used to the greys of the series but Earth looks so damn vibrant in contrast to the rest of the series
              I would be willing to bet that they used a different kind of filter for the Earth scenes specifically to contrast it between the prior episodes of the series to portray more optimism.
              Originally posted by Dawa View Post
              It's a show people... The writers get payed for a reason. If I wanted to use my own imagination I could save some money! Instead you give them praise for giving us something we've had before and will have again and again.
              All of this has happened before and will happen again...so what?
              Originally posted by Arative View Post
              I think a lot of people involved with BSG need to win a lot of awards!
              Open up Fort Knox to them.
              Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              The CGI was back and forth too. One minute you see this awesome shot of the Galactica slamming into the colony busting thru a wall in movie quality, the next minute there's a bunch of metal Cylons flopping around with the quality of Star Wars: Clone Wars.
              I'm not going to complain about the CGI, because there is only so much you can do with a budget.

A thought on Hera: some people have remarked that she didn't end up being as important as we had been led to believe. However, I think here importance was more of a symbolic type. Hera had to survive, because her survival proves that humans and Cylons can coexist.

And a thought on the whole "all this has happened before and will happen again": since humans don't have the scrolls of pythia, does that mean they are more likely to repeat it all, less likely, or the same?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I too liked the thought he gave to roslin, but some part of me felt he would take the raptor back up to galactica and fly with it into the sun.
                As to starbuck, i felt since she might have been one of the angles like head six and baltar, she felt her work was done so disappeared.

I felt that redeamed her, and applauded her for it. Especially when she said "we all make choices"...

Remember though the resurrection 'forumla' was disturbed in transmission..
                Why do the Centurions need resurrection? Centurions could create more centurions through industrial manufacturing. The Colonials didn't possess resurrection technology when they created the first Centurions. I'm sure the Centurions will build a civilization for themselves and produce more Centurions in the process. Population growth is part of life.

Comment

the end was nice, i kinda hoped they would jump in to the time we're in right now unfortunately that didnt happen. the parts of everyone saying goodbye and Roslin dying almost made me cry so sad. the last part made a lot of it good though when caprica and baltar walk through new york, i hoped to see Kara or some other characters there, as gods or something else
                  check my story's:
                  Battlestar group 16
                  and Under Siege
                  and respond at:
                  Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                  my newest story:
                  TFS Ticonderoga
                  and respond at:
                  TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

When they jumped 150,000 years later, I was DYING to see below:

150,000 Years Later...
                    March 20, 2009!

That would have been neat!
                    sigpic
                    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

depends on who you consider the dieing leader but they all died eventually so
                      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                      sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice how in Daybreak there were only so many volunteers,yet between the Galactica,vipers,raptors,and Lee's team there were a whole lot more people involved.

Yet I don't recall seeing any of the sixs/eights among them.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis00 View Post
                          Did anyone notice how in Daybreak there were only so many volunteers,yet between the Galactica,vipers,raptors,and Lee's team there were a whole lot more people involved.

Yet I don't recall seeing any of the sixs/eights among them.
                          I did notice that, the only thing I can think of, is that among all the other 30,000 survivors, they found enough people to fill the ship with what they needed. Because from the scene in the flight deck, I can only assume that it was just Galactica crew present.

"We need to find Earth, because if we don't then no one will remember a man named William Adama, or a Battlestar named Galactica."

Comment

does kara being an angel mean the piano player was god?

Comment

One thing nobody seems to have mentioned yet:

The pianist who helped Starbuck remember how to play the "All Along the Watchtower" song in "Someone to Watch Over Me" DISAPPEARS as soon as the Final Five approach the piano. The Final Five don't seem to see the pianist guy as they ask Starbuck how she knows the song, which implies that Starbuck was the only one who could see/hear him. Is this "God" appearing to Kara to teach her the secret way to the second Earth?

To watch the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WalRg...eature=related

One Interpretation of Kara's Prophecy:

The Hybrid once told Kara: "You are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace. You will lead them all to their end." This was totally realized. When Kara first returns as an angel, her Raptor leads them to the first nuked Earth--hence, she is the "harbinger" of the potential death and destruction that inevitably ensues if humans and cylons persist along the vicious cycle of violence. This is essentially a warning from God, showing Galactica inhabitants the potential result of continuing the cycle. Later, Kara "[leads] them all to their end" in the sense that she leads humans and cylons to the end of their journey--new Earth.

I'm by no means a sci-fi fan. In fact, I was initially sort of forced to watch BSG by a close friend. I have to say, THANK GOODNESS! This series has been amazing; the finale even more fascinating. The finale was absolutely perfect. If you're looking for all the ends to be tied up neatly, you just need to think harder and everything makes sense. Every strand is satisfyingly connected as long as you follow through it. The "Angel" Kara coming back in a revamped Raptor that leads them to the nuked Earth is all part of "God"'s plan.

BSG is not only one of the best television series ever made, it's definitely one of the best piece of entertainment ever made.

Comment

I have not had a chance to read all 146 posts but is it just me or did Caprica and Balter have a certain Architect and Prophet feel to them...

'If I am its Father then she is most assuredly its Mother.'

Flame Away...
                                Last edited by cshade; 21 March 2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X