Daybreak, Part 3 (421)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
    not necessarily that simple, how could everybody see a head person and how did she interact with things? i.e. fly a viper
    Baltar's head Six could only cause him to do things and not interact with outside objects.
    They were angels...they could do whatever they wanted...or at least thats good enough for me.
    Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I'm glad most people seemed to like it. I am very disappointed by the ending. A prehistoric earth where all of the humans (some 30 thousand of them) agree to abandon tech is unrealistic. Especially considering that cylons are still out in space. They got enough resurrection info to possibly rebuild it, we are not sure.

I initially thought about this ending at the very beginning of the show, but honestly the only worst ending would have been a modern day earth, like the terrible original show.

Earth needed to be discovered at some point in the future, way in the future. An earth that humanity was returning too, you know "all this has happened before" I could go on but why bother? Its over. But Im so bummed out on this Im not sure if I can even watch the prequel series, or anything else about it for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        no it won't not the way it's happen before
        Maybe. But if can't treat each other right, what makes you think we can treat thinking machines right?
        Last edited by BigGator5; 20 March 2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

that was a sad ending expecially the part with Adama and Rosalin watching the animals and her dying

Tori got what coming to her woohoo!

lol at the Ron D Moore cameo

why did the ''Hera being so important'' get shoe horned into the last 5 seconds of the show... granted I can understand the fact she was the ''first modern human'' unless somehow the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_eve wasnt her

lol at Romo being president I would so vote for him

Galen runs off to I assume Scotland and becomes a hermit was kind of depressing but happy at the same time dew to the fact over the past year he has been screwed over hard and deserves a chance to settle down

also maybe im so used to the greys of the series but Earth looks so damn vibrant in contrast to the rest of the series

also Kara being the Angel of Death and leading into humanity....well it kind of was a death with the slate being made clean again and humanity becoming half human half cylons

Comment

Who are the head people?
            What are the head people?
            Was Kara a head person?
            Who is "God"?
            What was so special about Hera?
            How did Anders suddenly turn into a hybrid by getting shot in the head?
            Do they create hybrids by shooting them in the back of the head?
            Why were there old centurions?
            1 & 2) Just what Head Six said in season 1, angels of god
            3) Only after she died in season 3
            4) That's more of a question to ask a priest
            5) To put it in Stargate terms, think of Cylon blood as the Ancient gene. She was the first human/cylon hybrid, but there were enough skinjobs that went down to Earth that by the modern day, most humans would have at least some Cylon blood in them. Her remains were those that were discussed in the article RDM was reading.
            6 & 7) The same way Athena hooked herself into Galactica's computer by driving a fiberoptic cable into her wrist in season 2.
            8) "They still have their uses" - Six in the miniseries. What's the point in scrapping them? They may not be as good as the new centurions, but if they would be anywhere, they'd be at the Cylon homeworld (the Colony).

Comment

Originally posted by titans View Post
              They were angels...they could do whatever they wanted...or at least thats good enough for me.
              Was that also an angel Viper she brought back with her?? Still more questions, who sent the angels, who is this "god", and why wouldn't they explain the head people?

Comment

I take back everything I said about the series back in the beginning and with humility kow tow to the BSG PTB.

You guys rock.
                "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                it has it's own laws and beats about things
                which the intellect scorns."
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Some moments I liked:

When Boomer met up with Athena, and her homage to Adama that she owed him one, and had repaid the debt. She finally took responsibility for her actions. And her knowledge that she was going to die.

Everything in the first hour.

The irony of Racetrack's dead hand setting off the nukes.
                  ---------------------
                  sigpic
                  Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Nothing really special about this final...

I've seen better.

Comment

Originally posted by titans View Post
                      Not good enough for me. They might as well arrived in the 1900s so I laugh my ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                        Half of those were explained, and the other half are ridiculously easy to figure out.

The series tied up all of those questions, and the hazy parts aren't gaping plot holes, they're just open to speculation.
                        Well, I admit I'm a bit slow here, so can you answer the questions 'cause I have the same questions. At the end when we saw Gaius and Six, where they real or what? How could Gaius be around 150,000 years later?

Comment

Was that also an angel Viper she brought back with her?? Still more questions, who sent the angels, who is this "god", and why wouldn't they explain the head people?
                          You're being close-minded. If they were truly angels and omnipotent beings, I don't think it'd be overly hard for them to conjure up a Viper. If they can send back Kara as flesh and blood, I think they can make a Viper.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer View Post
                            Galen runs off to I assume Scotland and becomes a hermit was kind of depressing but happy at the same time dew to the fact over the past year he has been screwed over hard and deserves a chance to settle down

also maybe im so used to the greys of the series but Earth looks so damn vibrant in contrast to the rest of the series
                            Hmm and I thought I was the only one who instantly assumed it was Scotland.

Yeah I had that with the greys, looking back though even on Caprica the colours were greyer, I think our sun emits a brighter wavelength than the one the colonies were around.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightspore View Post
                              Well, I admit I'm a bit slow here, so can you answer the questions 'cause I have the same questions. At the end when we saw Gaius and Six, where they real or what? How could Gaius be around 150,000 years later?
                              That was Head Six and Head Baltar.

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                                The irony of Racetrack's dead hand setting off the nukes.
                                i was just screaming jump jump jump!!!!!!

before bill told kara to do it

no way galactica would be able to handle that destruction
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X