No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The episode was kind of slow but I honestly liked it more than the two preceding ones. But I don't understand the need to draw this out until the very end when they have so many questions still left unanswered.

I'm sure the finale will be epic, but I don't want it to be an epic *fail*

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      I can't tell if they were trying to copy LOST or use the next to last episode as a giant commercial for Caprica. (which we pretty much know is gonna suck now)

The flashbacks were a complete waste of time. In LOST, the flashbacks always had some relevance to the actual story or the character, usually both. I guess we learned that Apollo can't hit a bird with a broom stick when he's drunk...? wtf?

It's also nice to know that Chief either turned himself in or was caught and thrown in jail? What? Did I miss something?

Even if next week's episode is amazing, it wont be enough to redeem this complete failure of the last 1/2 of this season.
      i really don't know why so many people aren't liking this last quarter of the season. every episode is top notch awesome.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        sam and Balar
        oh crap I missed Sam and Baltar. Bad Peri, Bad.

Actually sam was playing for that perfect moment. being a hybrid in charge of a battlestar going out in a blaze of glory is just such a moment. It will be perfect. the most beautiful ending, the blaze of glory that a ship like galactica deserves to end her life like. Not a museum as when the series started but mission of life.

Baltar, Well he is simple, everything he does is for himself. And lee did smack Baltar. Smacked him with something harder than a fist, the truth. Lee gave him a chance to act for others instead, and he failed. The admiral gave him a chance to act and he failed. he has taken the first step though. he finally has been able to admit his weakness to himself, in front of another.

Comment

I'm just frustrated that so much of the last 3 or 4 episodes as just been filler. Mildly interesting filler, and I wouldn't have a problem with the last episode if the past several hadn't been pretty much just like it.

And the Caprica flashbacks. I just figured it was a plug to get people interested in the Caprica series coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruman View Post
            I'm just frustrated that so much of the last 3 or 4 episodes as just been filler. Mildly interesting filler, and I wouldn't have a problem with the last episode if the past several hadn't been pretty much just like it.

And the Caprica flashbacks. I just figured it was a plug to get people interested in the Caprica series coming up.
            it isn't really filler. it's a set up for the end. setting the stage and making sure all the pieces are in place.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

To be fair to Moore. Day Break Pt1 shouldn't be counted as an episode.

Day Break's the actually final episode, but Sci Fi broke it into two parts. I don't think Moore planned for it to be separated.
              These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                To be fair to Moore. Day Break Pt1 shouldn't be counted as an episode.

Day Break's the actually final episode, but Sci Fi broke it into two parts. I don't think Moore planned for it to be separated.
                Yes, I agree that as one 3 hour episode it makes a little more sense. On its own I still feel, even after watching in full a 2nd time, that it leaves the viewer wanting (and not for the finale!).

It did have some touching moments, for instance, we have seen Starbuck receive from both father and son affirmation that irrespective of who or what she is, their love for her is undiminished.

Tory actually got a line or two in this episode; she has been severely underutilized of late other then as a human hating embracing her heritage cylon.

There were other little moments, like the moment where Adama told Doc Cottle he was not going to be part of this one.

Yes, part of the greatness of BSG is the characterization, particularly with this large ensemble.

And yes, I get it, the calm before the storm, with all the introspective that normally occurs before the heroic climactic end, but nonetheless, I was still left "unfullfilled" after this first hour. If it had been the pilot, I might very well have turned it off.

As I said in the very first post on this thread (before the mods moved over some posts I and others had did on the end of the thread for 418 which we made when we were watching the episode) -

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                "Is that it"?
                ---------------------
                sigpic
                Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis00 View Post
                  Did anyone understand what Lee's deal was with the bird??
                  I understood Baltar and Lauras' flashbacks,but Lee's made no sense outside of the one he had with Zack and Kara.
                  I am going to guess that since birds fly, it may have been related to the fact that his brother died in a Viper accident. Note that Lee was quite drunk at the time.
                  Originally posted by salmidach View Post
                  No wonder this show was canned, what with the dribble that Moore has been dishing out for the last 3 hours....
                  It was announced that this would be the final season long before these episodes were made.

Comment

In some cultures a bird flying inside a house is considered to be an omen of bad luck or death so maybe that was what the scene was meant to convey.

Pigeon=Harbinger of death= Kara Thrace
                    Last edited by Berg417448; 14 March 2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Very slow episode, but obviously necessary to setup the 2nd part. I am now expecting a truly amazing final episode.

I feel like the creators wanted this to be shown as one entire episode, too bad Sci-Fi decided to break it down into 2 parts.

I think next week they are showing daybreak pt 1 again before the finale pt 2, so I would recommend people who haven't watched it to hold out until then.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                        Why are you posting a spoiler for the finale in this thread? I always see you post before watching the episode. Honestly I don't know why you're in this one. You don't need to say anything about the finale in a thread for 419. I really don't get the point of the majority of your posts.
                        1) I'm a fan of the show and need to get my fix ASAP.
                        2) I can certainly comment on the other information posted here as it does provide excellent information on the content of the show.
                        3) Do you honestly think that I've seen the final episode and know how it ends? The post was a theory based on the series as a whole, apart from the mention of the one actor and what he/she stated happens to the character in question. I can *easily* see RDM leaving certain things unresolved that we all want to know simply because the series is all about humanity and a part of being human is that there are times where we're not provided with the answers that we want or answers to the questions that we have. I can tell you right now that there are people out there who ask themselves every day why they escaped something bad happening to them because the dog just happened to run out of the house which caused them to miss the train that would have taken them to the building in which a plane crashed.
                        Last edited by HAL2100; 14 March 2009, 10:34 AM.
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                          Do most of you even watch the same show as I?

Roslin's flash back scene is exactly where she goes to die. It is her river styx. It is where her family and friends are waiting for her. And now we know why she dreamed about it last friggin season.

Kara's flash back is to line up her involvement's and to sort out her next thoughts. She knows a plan exists she is just trying to find it.

Lee's flashback shows how much he has changed. Lee likes order, likes things neat a bird in your apartment isn't neat.

Adama's plan is bold, but that is the difference between human and cylon. Cylons take calculated risks, Humans don't care about the odds and will go off anyways knowing they will die but they will achieve their objective.

Frankly this is the best. As it does show the fundamental difference between human and cylon. Namely courage in the face of death. It is why the final five are willing to go, why a 6 is willing to go, but tory, athena, can't move their feet willingly.

maybe that is it. those who are disappointed in these last episodes are just cylons
                          We clearly do not watch the same show.

Tory is one of the Final Five....

Athena is broken. She just witnessed Boomer frakking Helo after getting beaten down by the same Boomer. If that isn't enough her daughter is kidnapped. O and to top that all off she knows that Cavil will dissect her. And you wonder why she's unable to move. Do you even understand how humanity of her actions?

And thankfully I don't really belong in your "human" family. I prefer calculated risks over. Saving Hera is a calculated risk. Many people realize that she is their only hope. Furthermore their trust in Adama is solid and they'll follow him if he believes their is a calculated chance.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                            1) I'm a fan of the show and need to get my fix ASAP.
                            2) I can certainly comment on the other information posted here as it does provide excellent information on the content of the show.
                            3) Do you honestly think that I've seen the final episode and know how it ends? The post was a theory based on the series as a whole, apart from the mention of the one actor and what he/she stated happens to the character in question. I can *easily* see RDM leaving certain things unresolved that we all want to know simply because the series is all about humanity and a part of being human is that there are times where we're not provided with the answers that we want or answers to the questions that we have. I can tell you right now that there are people out there who ask themselves every day why they escaped something bad happening to them because the dog just happened to run out of the house which caused them to miss the train that would have taken them to the building in which a plane crashed.
                            I was overly harsh towards you. A couple bottle or so of wine will do that. I don't think anyone on this site has seen the final two hours of BSG. I assumed you were posting spoilers from an actor or producer about the show's ending. I guess you did. I don't think that belongs in the thread for 419. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                              I was overly harsh towards you. A couple bottle or so of wine will do that. I don't think anyone on this site has seen the final two hours of BSG. I assumed you were posting spoilers from an actor or producer about the show's ending. I guess you did. I don't think that belongs in the thread for 419. Just my 2 cents.
                              It raises the question though as to whether or not comments made to the media should be considered as spoilers. Of course the comments that the person made suggests that the character involved dies, but I can easily see some other options, but of course I can't find the article now so maybe I was mistaken. Oh well... I've started collected some nuts and bolts to mail in to RDM if next week isn't satisfying.
                              The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Well, I guess I will write a review for this weeks episode, since I haven't wrote a review for an episode for quite while. I actually enjoyed this episode, even though it is a slow episode, but most part one episodes usually are slow, they set the stage for what you see in part two. So where to start.

The flash backs are certainly interesting, I often found myself wondering what they could mean. I do agree with some of the things that they represent some form of change within the character, however I do think they could mean something else, as to what I am not quite sure.

As for the story-line, it was slow but interesting to me. I like some of the back stories of the characters, due to the fact that it indeed showed the changes within the main characters. I also like the fact that Adama finally goes after Hera, along with the fact that no matter what Starbuck is, she is still his daughter (that was actually moving to me). As for Baltar, I am not surprised that Lee knocked him down with words, finally showed him for what he was to some extent, and I am not surprised that the Baltar didn't cross the line. As for the Final Five from the episodes I lost most respect for them (with the exception of Sam and Tigh). Tory and Tyrol, I am actually quite sick these characters. Tory trying to shift all blame to the humans not taking any responsability for what she done, and Tyrol, he never learns. As for Ellen I am not fond of her after she was reintroduced however she is changing so I might grow to respect her again. The president, I was quite moved that she left sick bay to be with the members who volenteered to go on mission, she could hardly stand, shaking the way she was but she crossed the line, that was very moving to me. As for Lee, I like the fact that in some small way he made Baltar face himself, to show him what he was, which was nothing, he did things to impress his name, not for pure selflessness. I also like the fact that he was going on the mission with his friends and family. Starbuck (Kara), she had come a long ways as well, I felt so sorry for her when Balter spilled the fact that she found her dead body. Now trying to figure out what she was, and how she knew the song with Hybrid Anders. I like the fact that she admited to Adama that she did indeed find her dead body and he didn't care. Now she is going on the last mission, after getting the information needed. Helo and Athena...hmm...I don't know what to say. I just hope they get Hera back. As for the Colony, Cavil is just play scary (Dean Stockwell plays the role good). As for Boomer, I hope she has a change of heart and helps the fleet on the mission. As for the other Cylons in the colony I don't know much about the characters so say much. As for the rebel cylons, we have seen much of them (with exceptions of the Sixes and Eights) although I wasn't surprised that they joined the mission, Hera is the future of both races.

All in all, though slow I found the episode moving in many ways, and I certainly can't wait for next weeks episode Galaticia's last mission I hope it is an episode to remember for a long time.
                                "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Working...
                                X