No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We been told that between most to all of the main cast dies. Him becoming admiral would be pretty interest story to follow.

I suspect that without Adarma their and the respect he built up with the cylons, most of the power will be in the hands of the cylons and may be not even the organic models versions and now that would be interesting story to do to, how would metal cylons get along with humans. And yes it would be a drama and character piece rather action scenes and yes I would most likely enjoy it.= as long as it fast past and interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Also I want them answered to level of detail I am satified with and I just do not think that going to happening with any of the big questions and some of little questions I have like what the metal cylons been up to with their new found freedoms which is easily an episode there.
      Man, you're in for the big disappointment.
      sigpic

Comment

So, birds in the house=harbinger of doom. Hmmm.

VSS said

The Air Force used this poem along with some awesome fighter pilot footage in the ads they played way back when the networks used to sign off the air for the night. It made staying up late even more cool than it already was for little kids (like me).
        Also, President Reagan famously quoted it in tribute to the crew of the shuttle Challenger.

"We will never forget them, nor the last time we saw them, this morning, as they prepared for their journey and waved good-bye and "slipped the surly bonds of earth" to "touch the face of God."

Seems oddly appropriate for the Galactica.

I wasn't expecting a lot of answers in this first part of the finale. So I wasn't surprised that not a lot happened, but what did was beautifully done. I admit that I am a sucker for character moments. The crossing the line moments were very touching--Lee stepping out first of course, Saul and Ellen crossing together, the doctor gently turned back by Adama, the Chief dragging Tori along, frail Laura limping her way there, Kara supporting her, Adama's "Madame President," the conflict on Baltar's face. Good stuff, people.

And the scene with Hera and the mad scientists just put my stomach in knots--someone save that baby quick!

The flashbacks were gorgeous. I don't know if there will be a payoff to them in next week's episode but I could watch more. How poignant to see the characters when they had ordinary problems: Lee falling for the girl he can't have, Laura losing loved ones, Adama feeling put out to pasture, Baltar dealing with an aging parent. All of the things that seem like the end of the world until...the actual end of the world.

I am looking forward to next week but I am sad that it will be over.
        Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Man, you're in for the big disappointment.
          Do not worry, to me BSG has been one disappoitnment after another, so this just a other one added to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Do not worry, to me BSG has been one disappoitnment after another, so this just a other one added to the list.
            Maybe it wasn't really for you in the first place. I really liked it so far, even with it's ups and downs, that every series has, but the overall feeling for me was that it's one of the best.
            sigpic

Comment

It's been nearly 48 hrs and I'm just now starting to keep water down. Hopefully by breakfast, I'll be able to handle solid food.

At risk of relapse, I'll try to say something about this episode.

Almost nothing happened!

Galactica is gonna go attack The Colony like I thought. The big difference is that Adama and crew are going to lead the charge. I thought it would just be Anders taking an unmanned Galactica.

Laura Roslin still hasn't discovered "The Truth of the Opera House". [IMO--It's simply the space between death and download. It's a virtual reality where the minds/souls of the dead stay temporarily while waiting for a new body. It's modeled after the Opera House on Kobol because that's where the resurrection technology was originally engineered.]

We still don't know what Kara is.

We still don't know what the purpose/function of the music is.

When Kara plugged Hybrid Anders back in, the correlation between his hand motion in the Hybrid tank with a similar motion by flashback Seabuck Anders in the athlete's ice bath suggests that Hybrid Anders was actually experiencing the flashback which would mean that he's still kicking around somewhere in his own head. Then again, it could have just been another general narrative flashback like all the others and we still don't know if Anders is alive or not.

It's high time that Baltar's inner playboy playmate Six toss him over the red line by the shirt collar or something.
              Will Baltar be the one to crack Kara's mystery music?

Athena is apparently too crushed by grief to get enraged and vengeful. Will that change soon enough for her to join the mission?

The original resurrection equipment left at the colony by the Final Five has the capacity to store only FIVE minds? Does it still work? Is storage within this equipment the key to survival for Baltar, Six and Hera?

What happened to the Cylons that the Final Five made their deal with? The way that Ellen and Tyrol have been talking, the Cylon 7 were made from scratch, which would mean that the mechanical Cylons of the first war are either dead, in storage or were transferred into new mechanical bodies and quickly outfitted with inhibitors which deprived them of free-will and higher thought. If this is the case, then they got screwed by The Final Five and the new skinjobs or at least by Cavil.

I guess I should summon the courage to hope that everything will be answered next week, or that something will, at least, happen. I think I'll stop eating on Thursday and put a pail next to my chair Friday night just to be safe.
              sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Bird in house is superstition. If it flies through your house it brings news of bad luck. If it can't get out, it's news of death. Big deal, Lee's brother Zack was about to die.

We need to see this back story stuff because?

Because the 2 hour show went long or the 3 hour show came up short. That would be my guess.
                sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I suppose I'm a little late to the party, especially considering I haven't posted in quite a while but it's nearing the end so why not.

I'm with those who liked/loved this episode. I think that the end is the perfect time to examine the very beginning, which is what this episode did. Personally, I'm very happy to have seen these characters in their previous lives one last time, as a reminder to the people they were compared to the people they've become throughout the entirety of the show, and with each different flashback I was thinking about what had happened to each character following that point, what had led them on their paths to who they became. It is like one last deep breath before a plunge, or think of it as one's life flashing before his or her eyes. We, as the viewer, knew the middle, and this episode showed us the beginning. Now all that is left to see is the end.

Will there be a lot of loose ends to tie up? Yes, but many of them are interconnected, so I have a feeling there will be some grand explanations that will satisfy multiple questions, and considering they've been saving money by not doing any fancy cgi battles this entire half of the season, the coming battle should be epic in just about every way.

I both can and can't wait.
                  "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

As for those thinking things are going too slow... it's not that we're completely impatient (or at least me). We've been patient for more or less 3 or 4 episodes now, and there's only 120 minutes (minus commercials) left to answer as many questions as we have.

Given what we know this show is capable of delivering in terms of satisfaction and quality, it is disappointing to me to see this remaining time not live up to it. Every minute of quiet is a minute less that we have to enjoy truly awesome stuff.

Now I hope that all of our patience will pay off, and that we'll turn around this friday and say, "OK, I get it now, it was worth all of the patience and setup," but it's getting harder and harder to see how they can do it in the time remaining.

I'm also worried that RDM seems to enjoy jerking the chains of the fan base too much, or basically "just because he can." So I could see that Galactica dies inside the colony and everyone falls into the black hole, and that Baltar leads the fleet off unto a new planet that they find and that's the end of it. Maybe Caprica finds Hera and manages to get away too (which would be what the closing of the door in the Opera house might be about).

For me, I just look at the final five episodes of the series and feel that it could have covered an awful lot more of the key things - mythology, characters, what's happening with the fleet, etc..

We'll see later.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Another prequel? Razor just ripped up the ratings charts. lol.
                      That is typical for Science Fiction. You have Stargate SG1 and SGA get rating around the 1.1-2.0 arena. While you have non-science Fiction get 12.2-20.

So for Sci-fi anything about a 1.0 is good.
                      Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                      End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                        Was the episode that bad or do we as sci-fi fans simply lack patience for anything other than non-stop action. The video game syndrome if you will.

The whole episode was setup, people. This isn't even the entire episode. The whole thing, all 3 parts, were envisioned as one big finale. They split it up though, so that is why it feels unsatisfying to some of you. Necessary? Unnecessary? Maybe. But the episode isn't actually over yet. It's like watching the first hour of a three hour movie and then stopping.

No payoff just yet. Calm down.
                        sigpic
                        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Bruman View Post
                          Given what we know this show is capable of delivering in terms of satisfaction and quality, it is disappointing to me to see this remaining time not live up to it. Every minute of quiet is a minute less that we have to enjoy truly awesome stuff.
                          No quality?!? No truly awesome stuff?!? Blimey!

I'm also worried that RDM seems to enjoy jerking the chains of the fan base too much, or basically "just because he can." So I could see that Galactica dies inside the colony and everyone falls into the black hole, and that Baltar leads the fleet off unto a new planet that they find and that's the end of it. Maybe Caprica finds Hera and manages to get away too (which would be what the closing of the door in the Opera house might be about).
                          C'mon, you didn't expect Galactica riding into the sunset, with the symphony orchestra, after four years of gloom, did you? Like the producers version of Blade Runner?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            I can't tell if they were trying to copy LOST or use the next to last episode as a giant commercial for Caprica. (which we pretty much know is gonna suck now)
                            1. Yes, I did find the flashbacks a little pointless. I'm hoping the next (and final) episode shows why they were needed.
                            2. How do you "pretty much know" that Caprica "is gonna suck"?

It's also nice to know that Chief either turned himself in or was caught and thrown in jail? What? Did I miss something?
                            Yeah I did wonder how Tyrol had gotten away with it. Obviously he didn't!

Even if next week's episode is amazing, it wont be enough to redeem this complete failure of the last 1/2 of this season.
                            I disagree. If the 2-hour finale ties everything up, and clearly required such a laborious build-up, then it will "redeem" it. However my gut feeling is that it won't be good enough, will be convoluted, and will generally insult the time and emotion we've given to BSG.
                            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by DBLOCK59 View Post
                              Here's what I think is gonna happen in the end....

Kara Thrace will find out she is the first cylon/human hybrid and the daughter of the missing Cylon Daniel. The Galactica will crash into the Cylon Colony while at the same moment Kara Thrace is shot, killed, and falls into the Black Hole the Colony is hovering next to. After falling through it she will fall onto Earth 2000 years in the past. The Gal/Colony will possibly also fall through the hole and BECOME the destruction of Earth 2000 years in the past.
                              I fear you may be right. I fear an incoming sci-fi fest.
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                                2. How do you "pretty much know" that Caprica "is gonna suck"?
                                I think his reasoning is that Caprica is going to be like the flash backs but instead of 20 minutes they are going to film entire episodes/seasons in a similar fashion. So he think flash sucks and I personally agree with him, If caprica is the same then I think it will suck to.

Comment

Working...
                                X