No announcement yet.

Daybreak, Part 1 (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a rubbish episode, honestly I was doing my work which incredible boring instead of watching this.
    We have what eight set up episodes in a row and non about the metal cylons new found freedoms, non about the angles, nothing on a new world, no answers, I would even of settle some decent flash backs of the ff or even of cylons when they were attacking the colony and what there plans were, okay I forgot they saving that for another tv movie, when it should just be part of the tv series.

The flash backs could been done anytime in the last four years and serve no purpose what so ever in this ep or telling any more of the story in fact you probably skip all of them and still not of missed anything important.
    The discovery of colony should of happen in the first 10 minutes with the rest being base preparations and making the decision of whether to join the attack, it would of been interesting if the tin heads were also give a choice on whether to help in the rescue mission or protect the fleet. In fact what the frack going on with the tin heads we have not heard anything from them what a wast.

Roslin should of died at least 2 episodes ago, her story is needlessly being drag out.

Baltar will someone just shoot him in the head, I bored with his character I mean does he actually ever do anything useful.
    Browncoat1984

I can honestly say I've been extremely disappointed with these last nine episodes. I thought they were going to go all out with the final ten...instead they just keep teasing us with little tidbits but never following up on them. I keep on thinking about Babylon 5 vs. Battlestar Galactica when I think about how the show would end. With B5 there was never really a feeling like "this is so convuluted" from day 1 through to the final day, everything fell into place, even considering that season 5 felt a little stretched but that wasn't JMS's fault. By the time you saw the final scenes of B5, you knew it was over. You could look back on the past five years and say "it was worth it, it all made sense." Not so with BSG. Granted, JMS wrote one and a half seasons all by himself, but with something like B5, and I would put BSG in that same category, when it comes to the writing you have to be that structured or it will fall apart like it is now (anyone remember the X-Files).

With BSG, the failure to plan anything ahead of time is finally rearing its ugly head and proves that, with a heavily serialized show you need to plan ahead at least for the whole season rather than write "on the seat of your pants." Remember seasons 3-4 of B5? Almost no episode was wasted across two seasons of that show. When B5 hit the meat of its story, which is season's 3-4, after the buildup with 1-2, you rarely ever got done with an episode and thought "how does this forward the story?"

In an episodic series like Star Trek, I can accept that if there's five episode left, a few of them might be stinkers, because its episodic and not meant to form one cohesive story. Even Stargate I can accept that the next to last episode might not be a crowd pleaser, but in a TV show like BSG its IMHO unacceptable.

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but I look back on the past nine episodes and I feel really underwhelmed. Maybe the finale will prove me wrong and will answer all those burning questions that we still have. I'm praying that it'll end the way Frascape ended, with an awesome finale/miniseries that did the best it could to conclude a series that was canceled prematurely. I've been watching since season 1, so I might as well stick around for the finale, if anything out of curiosity to see how it all ends.

That's not to say that I didn't like these episodes, just that when I look at what's come before as far as what we've had in sci-fi series, they could have been so much better. R
    I agree with Babylon 5 being an example of how you do a perfect serial, BSG is how you do not do it. And Lost is an other example of how you do it. In fact I would love if it was J. Michael Straczynski was in charge of the series at least I confident that we would awesome space battles and action scenes with a good story to boot.

Did anyone else notice Gaius in that scene? It seemed to me as if he was struggling to decided whether or not to go. I think he's actually changed.
    To me if his character does not cross the line on his own or end up on the mission somehow, may be someone will force him to go knowing the fleet will be better off without him then he been a wasted character part of a wasted last ten episodes.

morjana shame I cannot get it , it might solve my bout insomnia I been having for the past few weeks.
    Last edited by knowles2; 14 March 2009, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I'm enjoying this one even more the second time around.
      i'll watch it again later today

i really want to see the flashbacks again ...there added so much the character back stories
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

once more... a bore...
        I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

i was mad that it ended i wanted the ep to keep going

surprised everyone hated it so much
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

What a waste of 43 minutes of my life.

I have watched every episode of BSG, got all the DVD's and I actually think the last 3 episodes are up there with the worst of them all...

Who cares about Baltar's dad, who cares what happened to Roslin's family. that could have been sorted way before these final 3 episodes. No wonder this show was canned, what with the dribble that Moore has been dishing out for the last 3 hours....

I actually can't wait for this show to end now. I'm actually thinking, thank the gods i've only got two more episodes to watch. by this time next week it will all be over

Comment

Reading the comments this episodes seems to come down to do you like the flash backs or not. Personally when I think of closing a show flash backs are ok if your name is "Family Matters" or something like that. These felt like they were trying one last time to make us care about these very faulted people. At this point people either care or they don't in my mind really Roslin family was killed my a Drunk driver why don't give them a Puppy and kitten too so that we can feel bad because they died too. It just seemed to me a needless emotion exercise and all of the flash backs had that feel.

I also can't help but think the flash backs were filler to get this thing up to 3 hours.

As for comparison to Babylon 5. I agree completely when Babylon 5 days were numbered JMS didn't try to create even more tention by stealing Delens baby and having one last mission on the Lightstar to save her. They could have that is whats going on here. Part of what I liked about BSG is cylons thought they were doing the right things for the right reasons. When you make Cavale the big bad you might as well give him the big black mustache and have he doing his evil laugh all the time. Because to me it has the same effect. And that has been the driving force behind the show for four years we learn and its just empty.

Looking forward we are going to have one kick ass space battle because clearly they have been saving there money for the last half dozen eps. But honestly I have seen space battles before and I will see them again. The fact they made us wait for 6 extra months for this makes me very sad. I have no intention of watching Caprica because its going to be same kind of Delayed over simplistic stuff that make me sad in this show.
              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Perhaps they showed us these characters that no longer exist because they'll exist on the colony they're trying to get to. Crossing the river to their destiny -- everyone's a cylon.

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                Previously on Battlestar Galactica.... The last 10 years of meaningless CRAP!

What the bloody FRAK was all that crap?

Where those flash backs all that necessary? I thought it was a clip show, or something really really important that needed to come out to start wrapping things up?

Was it necessary to show us that Roslin's sisters and father were killed? I assumed that if she did have family they were killed in the Cylon attack.

We knew that Kara was with Zak Adama, And we knew that Lee and Adm Adama didn't know who she was until after Zaks death.

We already knew about Baltars back story. We knew he was from Aerilon and that he changed his voice to match that of a high society Caprican.

We also knew that Baltar Fraked anything that was good looking in a skirt.

If they cut that out and put in stuff that mattered to the wrapping up of the show I would have been happy. But I am still left with the same question.

WHAT THE FRAK WAS THAT????????

Comment

i liked this episode, yes it was abit dissapointing but it was still good, that interview with anders was very cylon like

i was hoping baltar would cross the red line

i do not know why everyone hated this episode for
                  Last edited by mr_kennedy; 14 March 2009, 04:48 AM.
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Do most of you even watch the same show as I?

Roslin's flash back scene is exactly where she goes to die. It is her river styx. It is where her family and friends are waiting for her. And now we know why she dreamed about it last friggin season.

Kara's flash back is to line up her involvement's and to sort out her next thoughts. She knows a plan exists she is just trying to find it.

Lee's flashback shows how much he has changed. Lee likes order, likes things neat a bird in your apartment isn't neat.

Adama's plan is bold, but that is the difference between human and cylon. Cylons take calculated risks, Humans don't care about the odds and will go off anyways knowing they will die but they will achieve their objective.

Frankly this is the best. As it does show the fundamental difference between human and cylon. Namely courage in the face of death. It is why the final five are willing to go, why a 6 is willing to go, but tory, athena, can't move their feet willingly.

maybe that is it. those who are disappointed in these last episodes are just cylons

Comment

Wow. That was.....different. I assume this all leading to something. Though....I thought most of the episode was kinda dull. Although.....I did find the flashbacks kinda interesting. I guess they were kind of like reminders of how their lives used to be before the holocoust.

I still can't stand Baltar. He such a self-centered, conceited little coward. I was waiting for Lee to smack him or something.

The best part to the episode was the end where Bill decides to go rescue Hera. I love he gets everybody together......and asks who is gonna volunteer.

Next week looks soooo exciting! Just 2 eps to go.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I loved this episode, partly because I look at it as the first hour of a three hour movie, like the Miniseries. Moore wrote and Rhymer (sp?) directed the Miniseries as well as this ep and like the latter, Daybreak 1 starts off slow and builds towards something that unfortunately for us will only be concluded next week.

I believe that the characters shown in the flashbacks are the ones central to the true ending of the series. The true ending, not the last big battle. Next week the meaning of the flashbacks will become clear, I hope and expect.

To those of you who wish Roslin dead already, her part of the overall story has not been completed yet. The Opera House and Hera are still unexplained and she is a part of that, with Caprica, Athena and Baltar.

However I was intrigued by Peragrin's comment that Roslin's flashback related to her death, that it shows us who besides her mother will be waiting for her. Another question is will Roslin be waiting for Adama or Adama for her?

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                          Do most of you even watch the same show as I?

Roslin's flash back scene is exactly where she goes to die. It is her river styx. It is where her family and friends are waiting for her. And now we know why she dreamed about it last friggin season.

Kara's flash back is to line up her involvement's and to sort out her next thoughts. She knows a plan exists she is just trying to find it.

Lee's flashback shows how much he has changed. Lee likes order, likes things neat a bird in your apartment isn't neat.

maybe that is it. those who are disappointed in these last episodes are just cylons
                          Agreed. And Sam's flashback showed probably how different he was or something, and for the viewer to like see he went from a jock Pyramid player to something important like a Hybrid.

Baltar's flashbacks are probably leading to the first time Caprica 6 tells him she loves him and is devoted to him in some way. Or we're seeing how much of a prick he was.
                          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome, So awesome,................................................End of line..............................
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ron Moore should get diarrhoea for making such a crap episode.

Comment

I can't tell if they were trying to copy LOST or use the next to last episode as a giant commercial for Caprica. (which we pretty much know is gonna suck now)

The flashbacks were a complete waste of time. In LOST, the flashbacks always had some relevance to the actual story or the character, usually both. I guess we learned that Apollo can't hit a bird with a broom stick when he's drunk...? wtf?

It's also nice to know that Chief either turned himself in or was caught and thrown in jail? What? Did I miss something?

Even if next week's episode is amazing, it wont be enough to redeem this complete failure of the last 1/2 of this season.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X