Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i have a photography memory trust me

LOL, I think you mean you have a "photographic memory" or perhaps an "Eidic" memory?

But if you have a photography memory, how many pictures does it hold?
    ---------------------
    sigpic
    Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
      I will post below a very quick recap in spoilers so that those who have not seen and want to wait until the itunes release etc

Spoiler:
      The decision was made to strip down the ship. Various characters had intermittent flashbacks to when they were on Caprica, giving some minor insights into their character, Boomer, Cavil and a 2 and 3 were meeting around Hera, who has not eaten since she was taken, Cavil ordered her prepared for testing, and that scene faded with Boomer having that look in her eye where you thought she was going to do something. On the battlestar, they started stripping it down, meanwhile Baltar had a little chat with Lee trying to get a seat on the council for his minions and Lee told him off as he did not believe he was asking for selfless reasons. Then Kara and the Admiral met in the Anders chamber, and although the scene was cut away, we are led to believe they asked Anders where Hera was, and were told the location of Colony. The admiral went onto the hanger deck and addressed all the remaining BSG crew, and gave each a choice as to whether to accompany him on a mission to rescue Hera using Galactica, most decided yes including the pres, the final five, Caprica 6 - all the prisoners in the brig were released and it appears most of them opted to go as well. Jumped to a scene where a raptor piloted by Racetrack scouting found the Colony, located in orbit around a black hole, jumped back to Galactica where Adama, Saul, Lee, Galen, Kara and others looked at the photos Racetrack took, and realised the only place safe to jump is within 1 km of the Colony, with likely every weapon on Colony pointed at that exact spot. Adama said "lets get to it" and ep ended
      I'll be watching it tommorrow via iTunes, but given that RDM stated : Spoilers for finale :
      Spoiler:
      that no everything would be tied up - or at least answers would provided, but the answers would only raise other questions - this smacks of the finale being something where Galactica is destroyed, several main characters get killed off (the actor who plays Helo stated in an interview that things go badly for him), Hera ends up back in the fleet, the Cavil's are wiped out, the other models reunite and together they with the remaining human ships fly off into the sunset looking for a new planet to call home...and we're left wondering about who's behind it all...

(For the record, if we're not completely satisfied with the conclusion next week, I think we should start a campaign to send RDM, SciFi and Universal miscellaneous nuts and bolts out of protest.)
      Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 March 2009, 07:40 PM.
      The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
        LOL, I think you mean you have a "photographic memory" or perhaps an "Eidic" memory?

But if you have a photography memory, how many pictures does it hold?
        several enough to tell my grand kids how one man vision changed everything i thought i knew about television

and what galactica used to look like
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          several enough to tell my grand kids how one man vision changed everything i thought i knew about television

and what galactica used to look like
          Yes, I remember watching the original, although it was for me quite the letdown after better efforts like UFO in 71. Interesting, I don't think I have seen any mention on the forums of Space 1999 either, which I also feel was a reasonable effort, and I was religious about watching both it and UFO before it. Original BSG came off as somewhat cheesy after those efforts to me. I agree this version has rewritten the book.
          ---------------------
          sigpic

Comment

I actually enjoyed tonight's episode. Yeah, it was a lot of setup for what is left next week. But I didn't mind it one bit. It was nice to see what had gone on in their personal lives leading up to the attack. And the preparation for the rescue attempt on Hera.

I can't believe that next week is it. It will definitely be bittersweet.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I actually enjoyed tonight's episode. Yeah, it was a lot of setup for what is left next week. But I didn't mind it one bit. It was nice to see what had gone on in their personal lives leading up to the attack. And the preparation for the rescue attempt on Hera.

nice to see someone thinks like me
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                I'll be watching it tommorrow via iTunes, but given that RDM stated : Spoilers for finale :
                Spoiler:
                that no everything would be tied up - or at least answers would provided, but the answers would only raise other questions - this smacks of the finale being something where Galactica is destroyed, several main characters get killed off (the actor who plays Helo stated in an interview that things go badly for him), Hera ends up back in the fleet, the Cavil's are wiped out, the other models reunite and together they with the remaining human ships fly off into the sunset looking for a new planet to call home...and we're left wondering about who's behind it all...

(For the record, if we're not completely satisfied with the conclusion next week, I think we should start a campaign to send RDM, SciFi and Universal miscellaneous nuts and bolts out of protest.)
                Yes, and I also recall he stating in an interview they saved all their budget for the end, but I was hoping that was for three episodes, not two.

It was not the worst episode ever, just I suppose anti-climatic. Its like going on a second date, and finding out you get along and you have lots in common but the romantic chemistry is not there - it was enjoyable company but you had higher expectations...
                ---------------------
                sigpic

Comment

Tonights episode was good, I liked the flashbacks showing the characters backstories, though some of them I felt could have been left for the DVD release (which I predict the "removed" scenes might add up to an hour longer), and reinserted some of those left on the DVD when it came to Laura Rolsin.

Frankly Roslyn's character never meant much to me, but I know for a fact some people loved Roslyn's revelation about her family.

Baltar's scenes with his father left me unnerved, reminds me of a family situation I know of... Nice that Caprica 6 took care of the old man, even if she was responcible for his death in the end. (Baltar didn't kill his old man, 6 did).

I could say more, but I am dead tired, even there are other points I loved about the episode.

Just one last thing, could they at least have showed the scene where Anders tells Adama the location of the Colony? was he fluid? Did he scream out coordinates? what?

Night!
                  Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                  -----------------------------------------------
                  I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

I'm enjoying this one even more the second time around.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am watching the second airing and the scene when Adama is going to ask Anders where the colony is. Great scene by the way, with Adama calling Kara his daughter.

But a line that Anders said caught my attention. He was saying something about lace. Then he said must find a perfect place for the end of Kara Thrace. end of line.

I wonder if that is what Anders is doing when he is plugged in. Scouring the cosmos for a habitable planet for Kara. And if the future of human and cylon is Hera, it would be the end of humanity because the two races would combine. Which would fit Kara as the harbinger of death.

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                        WHAT THE FRAK WAS THAT????????
                        My sentiments exactly!

It's the 2nd to last frakkin episode and they waste our time with all that back story fodder?

Talk about limping into home plate!

They should have wrote and shot the final episodes first before they ran out of gas.

Was that some sort of Caprica'esque sneak peek? I can turn on the Guiding Light for that kind of vomit inducement.

I think I'm going to be sick right now.
                        sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          Spoiler:

Why are you posting a spoiler for the finale in this thread? I always see you post before watching the episode. Honestly I don't know why you're in this one. You don't need to say anything about the finale in a thread for 419. I really don't get the point of the majority of your posts.
                          Last edited by Phenix; 13 March 2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post

Dude, thank you. The first positive comment on this thread that I agree with. This episode was a setup, and I loved every minute of it.

It's not about answers for me - it's about characters and all that fun. And it delivered with the flashbacks and alike. And I liked a lot of characters got a moment in this ep. Hotdog with his son and the pilot photos, Racetrack and Skulls ("If someone's got a recon mission where someone needs to hang their ass over the edge and wait for a bite, send Racetrack and Skulls!"), Apollo), Cottle and his wanting to join the mission, Anders' flashback to when he was normal, and all that. No huge angst from Adama, which I liked.

Can't wait for next week.
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I do not post often on this site. I try to avoid posting about BSG. A typical episode will make me think about a great deal and honestly I don't feel like working through my thought process on here. Sadly this episode was terrible. The flashbacks were a waste of time and 1000000% filler. The lackluster nature of this episode has made me post.

My biggest problem with this episode lies in the flashbacks. The writers of BSG lost focus. The show lost a lot of steam with Tigh and Caprica 6. Ellen's return made me question if the writers were attempting to foil Tigh and Ellen with Adama and Roslin. The cylon couple was apparently narcissistic, emotionally, and physically destructive where as Adama and Roslin were seemingly the exact opposite. I decided to make this leap based on my trust of the writers. I was mistaken.

I believe it is apparent that the writers mishandled Tigh and Caprica 6. They've lost their way for quite some time. I honestly really enjoyed the interactions between Ellen, Cap 6 and Tigh. However, what was the point? The show originally posited that Baltar and Caprica 6 were important to the fate of Hera. We now have only two hours left yet Baltar and Caprica 6 are not reconciled. How will the Opera House turn out? Was it really a waste of time?

As for the show. What can you really say? The episode had real gems but the flashbacks destroyed it. I see no point to it. Perhaps another poster will point me to some significance but I can not see how that is possible. I truly enjoyed the scene between Starbuck and Adama. Lee and Baltar was classic. They really pointed out that Lee had become a one dimensional character. He only cares about Starbuck. Its sad but I can relate. We men are not the most intelligent lot. I admittedly felt true emtion (nearly cried) when Roslin came on deck. The show had some much potential but those flashbacks killed it before it began.

In the end I believe BSG will have failed because the writers lost their way. The actors are amazing but they can not make up for unfocused story telling.

Comment

All I can say is that next week's finale better be frakkin awesome! I haven't really enjoyed any episode thoroughly since "The Oath" and "Blood on the Scales." Since then, the episodes have been mildly interesting, but nothing all that great. Each week, we chalk it up to "they're setting things up to really make it good later," and I've been patient. Now it's all down to one two-hour finale. I'm sure it will be good - better than the last set of stuff, but it better be frakkin awesome to be worth 3-4 episodes of setup.

So, one more week to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X