No announcement yet.

Someone To Watch Over Me (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the most amazing and also very powerful scene was, when Kara was playing "All along the watchtower" with her father.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

i swear!! i hope they put a piano tune onto the sountrack along with all along the watch tower piano tune!!! that was so good!!

Comment

Slow, slow start but last ten minutes... nice.
        My hart was pounding like crazy when kara started to play 'All along the watchtower'.

Anyway.... I still don't think she is a cylon, nor her father. I stand by my original thinking that she has some relation to Lords of Kobol (or maybe her father does, in that case he's puling the strings).
        If she was a cylon, a daniel, then I would be disappointed because it would be pretty much predictable and lame.... I hope she's something much more.

Also, president isn't dead

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
          the most amazing and also very powerful scene was, when Kara was playing "All along the watchtower" with her father.
          This episode was a total turn around from last weeks. It started slow but then it built up to an amazing 10 final mins. The pieces about Starbuck are starting to come together.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trakal View Post
            One thing I don't get is how Hera was able to tell the difference between Boomer and Athena in Rapture but wasn't able to tell it was Boomer who picked her up from daycare. At the very least she should have been able to tell it wasn't Athena.
            That's an assumption. I think she did know and went along voluntarily. She too has a destiny...

Spoiler:
            "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
            ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              This episode was a total turn around from last weeks. It started slow but then it built up to an amazing 10 final mins. The pieces about Starbuck are starting to come together.
              yes, the last week episode was boring. I'm excpecting more from the remaining episodes
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Most of the episodes in 4.5 have been SO BORING! I understand they need to tell us the story, but the fact is they aren't doing that. They're taking an hour to give us a small tidbit of information that just LEADS TO MORE QUESTIONS.......Each week's preview has the line "You will know the truth...." but we never get the truth.......

Spoiler:
                We still dont know:
                1.Who Kara is.......They've ignored this question up until this episode......which didnt tell us anything
                2. What Balter and Caprica have to do with Hera.......BALTER WASNT EVEN IN THIS EPISODE

and of plether of other questions that remain unanswered. Sorry to rant, but each week the list grows.....lol

Comment

A good episode if a little slow, man I am so impatient to watch the final 3 episodes.

One thing I don't get is how Hera was able to tell the difference between Boomer and Athena in Rapture but wasn't able to tell it was Boomer who picked her up from daycare. At the very least she should have been able to tell it wasn't Athena.

I was wondering this too. It doesn't seem consistent. I think the two possibilities are:

1) she didn't really recognize Athena the first time, but we attributed her changed behavior to it (less likely, because SS Cylons seem to be able to recognize each other, even if humans - and FF, or at least FF if they aren't paying very close attention - can't)

2) Most Cylons really respect her and defer to her. So maybe she just assumed that any model 8 that came by for her was friendly. That would fit a child's behavior and her experience too.

While I do agree with you able Helo been a bit too trusting, you do have to cut him some slack. At the time he didn't know that Boomber had escaped and with the exception of the 8 who was with him while rescuing Diana off the Hub, none of the 8's have ever acted like Athena towards him. Plus Athena is generally the only 8 who wears the Colonial Viper uniform.

Tyrol could tell it was boomer, but he is a FF Cylon. This suggests that FF are able to tell Cylons apart, at least if they pay close attention - or perhaps if they have been in a close relationship for a while. But Helo is human, and humans definitely have trouble detecting Cylons apart without more interaction. He also had no reason to think that this was not Athena. He did suspect something was a little off when he said "what's wrong," etc..

--

On a separate note, I find myself wondering about when Boomer asked Tyrol to come with her. What was the motivation? I can think of a few:

1) Maybe she really did love him, but knew the others would try to kill her, so she had to escape and hoped Tyrol would come with her.

2) Maybe part of the plan was to get Hera and some FF cylons to use as hostages/leverage with Cavil.

3) Maybe she knew what she was up to, and just wanted to give Tyrol a chance to avoid the Treason charges he'd be subject to when it's revealed that he sprang Boomer from her cell. BOTH Cylons and Humans are going to want to get him for that - though I guess Cylons won't want to execute a FF.
                  Last edited by Bruman; 28 February 2009, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Terrific cutting in the sequence with the piano, the overhead shot was especially effective, along with Saul Tigh's reaction shot. Just a great sequence that really paid off the long build up.

Part of the widespread response of disappointment to the slow pace of this episode, in my opinion, is because of the way Starbuck's story unfolded. The first few scenes appeared to be designed to show Kara's monotonous routine at the daily briefings and her sense of hopelessness after discovering her own body on Earth. This increased the sense of tedium although the scenes themselves were brief enough. Can't praise the direction and editing enough really for this particular episode.

I liked the nod to TOS with the Feldercarb toothpaste brand name.

Not eager to brush my teeth with Feldercarb, nevertheless.

This is the second killing done by the Chief that will likely go unpunished (the first being Fisk on Pegasus) both done to protect an Eight model.

I don't really buy the proposition that Boomer is ultimately responsible for the Cylon internecine conflict, that was Cavil's decision. If you are a Cylon and want to hang Boomer for killing other Cylons, blame her for the nuked Basestar orbiting Kobol.

I take Boomer at her word with her goodbye speech to Tyrol. Her feelings were real and she isn't simply a tool for Cavil. Her change of heart on Caprica was too abrupt after her death in Tyrol's arms, in my opinion. No reason for her to restate her feelings for Galen if she was only after Hera, and there was certainly no reason to ask Tyrol to accompany her.

Tyrol must be feeling really bad about now, but Helo is the one who owes himself a big kick in the pants.

Glad to see the projection ability of the Cylons revisited. Too important a feature to bring up once and then drop. I don't understand, however, why no captive Cylon in the Brig has yet used this ability to facilitate an escape. When a guard opens a door, why not just project the cell to be empty, for example ?

Hera certainly had the ability to distinguish Boomer from Athena. Likely she wasn't resisting the abduction.

Comment

As for RDM mapping things out. It's pretty clear from the podcasts he makes that a LOT of the series is made up as we go along, and - to the extent that there was an original overarching plan - the plan can be modified as one goes forward. He does a lot of stuff - like making Caprica pregnant and so forth - that he states he doesn't know where it will lead, but it just sounds kinda interesting.

On the other hand, it's also fairly clear that they do make a concerted effort in trying to make their new twists and turns consistent and fit into the backstories as already told and at whatever time they make these decisions, there is still some kind of overall vision. I think after four seasons, it can be tricky to do this consistently, and I give him good marks for trying.

RDM also states at some point that he doesn't want BSG to go on forever like Star Trek TNG or Voyager and lose its freshness or originality. There are few things worse than a once-great show that has used up its ideas and become more or less flavorless. He expressly didn't want this to happen to BSG, so he knew it would end eventually. How long it would go on was to-be-determined, and probably a balance of how many ideas were left at the well and how willing the network would be to fund it.

Comment

I am of many minds on this episode. I think I will watch again to shore up some of my first impressions.

I have to say I do believe that this episode and the last one could have been combined. Goes back to the theme that the producers "hopefully" saved their budget for a bigggg finale. All those shots of Adama reviewing the repairs are just so much wasted space.

Looks like Galactica is going to bite the dust shortly given all the recent punishment, but one has to hope she goes out with a bang, rather then a wimper.

My take on Boomer inviting Galen is that she played him, but they did love each other once, and perhaps her invitation was a residual of that love - in any case, I think Galen may be the first of the final five to die - and I am not certain who will do the killing, the rebel cylons or the humans.

Don't believe the President is dead.

More to follow later.
                        ---------------------
                        sigpic
                        Another theory on the expansion of the universe collapses!

Comment

What I don't get is when Kara is talking to Head Billy Joel at the piano from the bar seat, why doesn't anyone think she's whack?

Only when Kara played the music did Tigh and the others hear it. Head case!

So we have two possibilities for a Daniel rebirth, bypassing the damage Cavil caused to the genome. Will it be Anders or Hera who has the Daniel psyche which will lead to the final battle for Cavil, ultimately changing the cycle of 'happened before and will happen again'?

Oh Daniel, where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Corona View Post
                            What I don't get is when Kara is talking to Head Billy Joel at the piano from the bar seat, why doesn't anyone think she's whack?
                            Lets see, how many people on this show have had head people talk to them? Seriously, half the fleet should be on thorazine.

Only when Kara played the music did Tigh and the others hear it. Head case!
                            Again, half the frakking fleet should be on meds. Should they judge her but not them?

So we have two possibilities for a Daniel rebirth, bypassing the damage Cavil caused to the genome. Will it be Anders or Hera who has the Daniel psyche which will lead to the final battle for Cavil, ultimately changing the cycle of 'happened before and will happen again'?
                            I strongly believe that at least one Daniel survived, or that, after his model was destroyed by Cavil, a portion of him exists in every other cylon. Including the five, after Cavil asphyxiated them to death and forced them to download.

Oh Daniel, where are you?
                            Daniel exists in all the cylons and cylon hybrids.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                              That's an assumption. I think she did know and went along voluntarily. She too has a destiny...
                              Everyone seems to be forgetting that Hera Drew the notes that kara would need and handed them to her.

I am still under the impression that those who built or at least modified the cylons added genetic memory, that is only accessed through the subconscious.

Maybe she knows what has happened before but no one is listening.

that is pretty normal for adults. to ignore reality for desire.

Comment

Wow. The "melody" returned. I loved that scene and I was sure the pianist was fictional.

Back to Hera. If Roslin is connected to her, because she got cell sample from her, than this could be a reason, why she felt down. Athena was Hera's mother, so she could be affected as well. I don't know yet what is the connection between Hera and Caprica Six, but if Six is under Hera's influence, than this can be a reason why Baltar could see the Operahouse as well. Maybe Baltar and Caprica will rescue her from Cavil.

Roslin - Hera - Athena - Caprica (body) - Baltar - Caprica (soul)
                                Last edited by Platschu; 28 February 2009, 01:15 PM.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X