No announcement yet.

Someone To Watch Over Me (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought this episode was AWESOME. Another 6 with a name (Sonia), I always wonder why she (6) gets to be so unique and have all these models. 8 pretty much has Boomer and Athena, but 6 has - Natalie, Gina, Caprica, Shelly & now Sonia.

I didn't before, but now I think The Galactica is the dying leader. I think this episode cemented that theory.

Boomer fraking Helo & making Athena watch! WOW! Helo not recognizing his wife - SAD. She even smelled different! Sometimes Helo can be too trusting & stupid.

Knew that Piano guy wasn't there.

THEY SWITCHED HERA!!! WHY? With only 3 episodes left what was the point? Ridiculous.

I don't think Roslyn is dead.....but I do think she is connected to Hera (Caprica as well)....

Comment

Does anyone know a link to youtube or another website where I can hear that final 5 head music the one that Kara starts playing.
      Or if that piece has a title?

Comment

Wow that was really, really good. Those musical cuts better make it onto the season 4 soundtrack.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I feel like I watched 40 minutes of show to get only 10 minutes of good material. That's...very frustrating.

I liked Kara on the piano finally getting the tune and Boomer turning on everyone and stealing Hara in a box. The connection between Roslin and the Galactica was too heavy-handed, IMO. I am dying to know Roslin's relation with Hera though.

Comment

kara is tormented by dreams, who is she? if she's on the planet, then who is she
            she drinks in the bar, there's a piano man that annoys her, they start talking, he's trying to compose a song. she remembers about how her dad did that

adama and roslyn want to kill boomer, the six that was just elected to the senate asks for boomer to be killed for treason (siding with cavil), roslyn and adama are happy to agree

chief doesn't want her to die. he visits her, she shows him memories of their life from before and that they had a daughter

chief manipulates getting boomer out of the brig by swapping her with one of the other eights

boomer attacks athena, locks her up. then hubby comes in, so boomer fraks him while athena sees through a crack in the closet door. boomer then goes to daycare and picks up hera.

prior to this, hera had visited hera's daddy and hera gave her a drawing of a bunch of circles in a line. when kara is with pianoman (who my money is on being Daniel) they connect the dots, almost literally, and the dots that hera drew are music notes...the same song that all the cylons heard that drew them to their first meeting place

kara starts to play and it's revealed that piano man is Head Piano Man. the other cylons are in the bar, tigh asks how she knew that song, 'my dad used to play that to me' and he taught it to her. we have opera house type lighting

athena stumbles out and tells them what happened. boomer tries to leave galactica with hera. they try to stop her. they retract the drive pods (tres cool) but she gets out anyway. she spools up the ftl drive and jumps while she's in close proximity to galactica, and the shock wave tears a hole in the ship

as hera jumps away (locked in a box) roslyn collapses.

we end with roslyn on the floor, kara still clinging to anders, the ship falling apart

and promos for next week
            Spoiler:

suggest someoen falling, structural integrity continuing to fail, tigh not wanting to give up the ship, adama saying he needs to let it go, adama collapsing - possibly in grief
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              I feel like I watched 40 minutes of show to get only 10 minutes of good material. That's...very frustrating.

I liked Kara on the piano finally getting the tune and Boomer turning on everyone and stealing Hara in a box. The connection between Roslin and the Galactica was too heavy-handed, IMO. I am dying to know Roslin's relation with Hera though.
              The ep was slow, but the last 10 mins was Wow!! Heck it beats last week's which was all pretty boring ,lol.

The Starbuck bits are coming together. Well with 3 eps left, sure we will know soon enough.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tanty View Post
                Did anyone else catch the beginning of the original BSG theme music? May be my imagination but when he was messing around trying to think of the second act of his composition it sounded just like that piece of music...

If anyone recalls.. it's when the voice over appears in the original music of the series.

Haha... seems someone else noticed as well

Yes it was, it was usually the tune when ever they showed the base ships or going towards the base ships in the original series. Im not sure whats the name of the tune but anyone who remembers the and the tune knows what I'm talkiing about.

TheChosen1

Comment

Roslin's not out yet. No way. The marine checked her neck and immediately started screaming for a medic. They're not going to pull a Natalie with her.

As for The Musician, are we sure he was in Kara's head? I was in and out of the room, so I missed the very beginnings of acts, but I don't recall anything tipping it off. Unless The Musician (refuse to call him Daniel yet) wasn't there when Saul came up behind her? I'd have to rewatch it to be certain.

More impressions once I have time to jot them down instead of rapidly getting ready and going out...
                  Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

So Boomer betrayed the Chief's trust, took advantage of his feelings, lied to him, and made him feel extremely guilty.

Maybe she's a human female after all.

Comment

Yeah, the piano player was gone when Saul came up and startled Kara. I'm pretty sure he's a vision/angel/chip/whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                        i'm even more confused then when the ep started.
                        OMG - I am so glad I'm not the only one...
                        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                        it has it's own laws and beats about things
                        which the intellect scorns."
                        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

Here relationship is the blood transfusion which cured her of the cancer for a brief time. And also the opera house dreams is the connection. We now know why six athena and rosilin's was trying to protect hera, cause boomer took her and now they have to get her back.

TheChosen1

Comment

OK, final thought before I dash out the door...

Take the episode as a big picture type thing. If we hadn't had the admittedly long bit with Kara and The Musician forming their relationship and having her open up about one significant song, her playing All Along the Watchtower would've lose some of it's punch. It was buildup, but it was needed. Ditto on the Boomer projection scenes. I know I wasn't the only one who initially bought it.

Development takes time. Stop watching the calendar and start watching the stories.
                            Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Originally posted by TheHomegaMan View Post
                              The Musician (refuse to call him Daniel yet)
                              Guessing that Musician = Starbuck's dad =

The first name on the tape started with D at least.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan View Post
                                So Boomer betrayed the Chief's trust, took advantage of his feelings, lied to him, and made him feel extremely guilty.

Maybe she's a human female after all.
                                All from a machine...
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X