Someone To Watch Over Me (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threeohohsix View Post
    So I don't know if anyone has brought this up already but...how could Galactica possible be the dying leader? A lot of you are putting up a good argument for this but there's one thing you're forgetting. The hybrid said that "the dying leader would know the truth of the opera house". Can Galactica know something? Well it's not alive like cylon ships are so no it can't. Neither does it have special dreams of an opera house.
    i am wrestling with this idea as well.
    One theory is that laura AND galactica are both the dying leader.
    they have a lot in common (are dying, are deeply loved by adama, were both infused with cylon 'blood', are leading the people, were given a vision of snakes- with laura it was a hallucination, with galactica it was Vipers, etc)

It's possible that we will lose both the ship and laura at the same time, which would fulfill the prophecy without the viewer ever really knowing which one the scrolls were speaking of specifically.

Buuut, i kind of side with you on this one. I think laura is *the* dying leader because of what the hybrid said.

This line is more important now than ever: "the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house"
    because of the appearance of Daniel. the opera house comes back in this episode when Kara picks up the cassette tape of her dad's piano performance: Live at the Helice Opera House.

This is also why I don't think laura can be dead yet. The galactica is a ship. It does not have consciousness (no, i dont think the cylon goo constitutes consciousness =p) and therefore cannot "know." Laura's shared visions of, and involvement with the opera house is the best argument ive seen that she is in fact THE dying leader, if we are going to accept hybrid poetry as prophecy, which I'm willing to do after what they said about kara being the harbringer of death or whatever it was.

So if Laura will know the truth of the opera house...
    I guess there is still a possibility that Laura is actually dead, considering that the opera house visions centered largely around Hera. Her last word being "Hera.." maybe she DID realize the truth. who knows?

i hope laura's not dead. She can't be dead. Not now.. NOT EVER!!
    Last edited by Xepla; 02 March 2009, 02:50 AM.
    the city devours the land. the people devour the city. but you are a spark of God's fire. core update complete.

Comment

really good ep i loved that kara's father came to her as a "head" and that she knows all along the watch tower

i still kept screaming the whole ep "wake up sam" i hope he does

boomer putting hera in that box was funny (poor girl) and then galen just dropping it

bill's reaction to the damage in CIC was amazing galactica's on life support and boomer just walked into the hospital room and give it a good punch in the face
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hmmm one thing poped in my mind while reading some of your posts. Maybe Lora is the dying leader and Galactica is actually the Opera House. If you think about it, every reveletion in the series happened on Galactica, so, why not?!

Comment

Originally posted by threeohohsix View Post
          Hmm but out of those three the only one with a connection to the opera house is Laura Roslin. I don't understand how Galactica could have a connection or Adama unless something shows up in the last eps. Though Laura hasn't really been a leader lately...I guess we'll just have to wait hah
          But the prophecy states "The Dying Leader will know the truth of the opera house..." which means simply that whatever the truth is, TDL will know it. It does not exclude Adama from being the TDL even though it appears that he hasn't had any Opera House visions. Knowing the truth of the Opera House is not dependent upon having a vision of it. For example, what if the truth of the Opera House is revealed to Number Six and Number Six tells Adam about it? He would know the truth, but not have any visions of the Opera House.
          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
            I thought this episode was one of the best of the entire show to date. HOWEVER, I'm getting more and more concerned that we're going to be left with a lot of loose ends and unanswered questions. The writers seem to be just making a lot of stuff up as they go along with a dose of retcon (I believe it's called). But sooooo many questions now.

Incidentally, how the frak does Tyrol imagine he'll get away with breaking Boomer out? It's not going to take a genius to see the dead 8 in the brig... "heh, that 8 was working with the Chief" etc.
            I seem to recall an interview were RDM made a comment that loose ends would be tied up, but in so doing there'd be other questions raised.
            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
              I seem to recall an interview were RDM made a comment that loose ends would be tied up, but in so doing there'd be other questions raised.
              Hrm, but some require tying up in order for the show to remain credible. We'll see...
              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

i would also like to gives credit to how ever made the toothpaste gag

seriously no more toothpaste

Comment

i wonder how much algae the fleet has left??

Comment

who gives a frak about algae? All they need is a booze
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought when Starbuck started playing the notes that Hera gave her that it would wake up Sam. But when all along the watchtower started playing I got the chills. It was a good episode, and setting up the last 3 episodes.

I'm sad to see the old girl dying though. She is a great ship and hope they can repair her enough to get her to their new home. But then this is BSG, so that might be too much to hope for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                        Hrm, but some require tying up in order for the show to remain credible. We'll see...
                        Back in January RDM did an interview and was asked about answers to some of the mysteries of the show:

Q: A lot of times in the podcast, you'll say things like, "I know people are interested in this, but that's really not where the story's going." You didn't really deal with the toasters becoming sentient again, that sort of thing. After I watched "Revelations," I thought it was a great ending, but I jotted down a list of things that still had to be dealt with. I'm wondering, without you giving it away, whether these things are going to be addressed or whether these are things that we're thinking a lot more about than you were.

RDM: Do you have a list?
                        Q: Yeah.

RDM: Okay.

Q: Obviously, the identity of the final Cylon, we will find this out?

RDM: Yeah.

Q: The origin and nature of the Final Four and how they different from the rest of them?

RDM: Yes.

Q: The origin of the rest of the skinjobs?

Q: What happened to Earth and what happened to the 13th Colony?

Q: Who, if anyone, is orchestrating all of this?

RDM: Basically, yeah. I don't know if it's going to be wrapped up in a neat bow. The show has an answer for it, whether it's a satisfying answer, I don't know.

Q: Will "All this has happened before and it will happen again" be explained in some way?

Q: The opera house?

Q: What happened to Kara when she went through the Malestrom?

RDM: Pretty much.

Q: Identity and nature of the "head" characters?

Q: Tigh and Six's baby, and whether that means Cylons can breed?

RDM: Yes. That's not a "yes" to whether they can breed -- the question will be answered.

Q: The fate of Boomer and whether there are other 1's, 4's and 5's floating out there?

Q: Roslin's health?

Q: Okay, that's a "yes" on all of them.

RDM: See? We knew what all the questions were! I'm kind of proud of myself. "Yes"es to all of them. I thought you were going to throw a curve at me, like, "Oh, (bleep)."

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...ron_moore.html

Comment

Originally posted by Berg417448 View Post
                          Back in January RDM did an interview and was asked about answers to some of the mysteries of the show:

Q: A lot of times in the podcast, you'll say things like, "I know people are interested in this, but that's really not where the story's going." You didn't really deal with the toasters becoming sentient again, that sort of thing. After I watched "Revelations," I thought it was a great ending, but I jotted down a list of things that still had to be dealt with. I'm wondering, without you giving it away, whether these things are going to be addressed or whether these are things that we're thinking a lot more about than you were.

RDM: Do you have a list?
                          Q: Yeah.

RDM: Okay.

Q: Obviously, the identity of the final Cylon, we will find this out?

RDM: Yeah.

Q: The origin and nature of the Final Four and how they different from the rest of them?

Q: The origin of the rest of the skinjobs?

Q: What happened to Earth and what happened to the 13th Colony?

Q: Who, if anyone, is orchestrating all of this?

RDM: Basically, yeah. I don't know if it's going to be wrapped up in a neat bow. The show has an answer for it, whether it's a satisfying answer, I don't know.

Q: Will "All this has happened before and it will happen again" be explained in some way?

Q: The opera house?

Q: What happened to Kara when she went through the Malestrom?

RDM: Pretty much.

Q: Identity and nature of the "head" characters?

Q: Tigh and Six's baby, and whether that means Cylons can breed?

RDM: Yes. That's not a "yes" to whether they can breed -- the question will be answered.

Q: The fate of Boomer and whether there are other 1's, 4's and 5's floating out there?

Q: Roslin's health?

Q: Okay, that's a "yes" on all of them.

RDM: See? We knew what all the questions were! I'm kind of proud of myself. "Yes"es to all of them. I thought you were going to throw a curve at me, like, "Oh, (bleep)."

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...ron_moore.html
                          drool on the bolded text

the stuff i wanna know about

Comment

Here is the watcher interview with the writers. Good stuff.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....-me-.html#more

Comment

Does anyone else think that Boomer stole Hera, so Cavil can use her as a bargaining chip with the final five in order to get them to reinvent ressurection?

Comment

I have been lurking these threads since the start of the season, and I have to say I like all of the things I read. A lot of great ideas and thoughts going on.

I have been disappointed with Battlestar since the end of season 2. Season 3 was a wash for me, and when S4 started I was very excited. I have to admit though, I find that the writers string us along too much.

I get it, it's a drama. But with 3 eps left... there's no WAY 417 should have been an episode. 42 minutes of BSG, 8 minutes of content worth showing. That has been the mantra of the writers for some time I think.

I don't suppose having S1 battle scenes every single episode is what I am looking for. But when there's so little time left to explain every story arch in this complex series, I think blowing the eps is just reckless.

Lots agree, lots disagree. But I just thought now was the time I jump in with my 2c.

Comment

Working...
                                X