Someone To Watch Over Me (417)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
    I agree with everything Chris777 has said. RDM never had an overall plan, and he has admitted to having to go through everyone's backstory to figure out who the final five would be. Besides, don't you think it's hokey that the final five just happen to be in the last surviving fleet? And that Anders just happens to be alive back on Caprica so Star Buck could go and pick him up?

This show is like watching someone tell a lie and then trying to talk their way out of it, and it's working! I think that some of it has been luck.

And I'm going to say it because no one else thinks it:

Kara Thrace is not a Cylon, or even a Hybrid

What do I base this on? I just don't want her to be one, that's all.
    I am going to go out on a Limb and agree with Cloud on this on, because Hey hes Got my back, and Well if Ron moore can pull golden "eggs" out of his "back end" then why can't we?
    But I just have this feeling that she's not a cylon or a hybrid. There is no resurrection ship for her to have appeared on. And how do you explain that her viper had pictures of the solar system on it?

I'm going with this theory:
    In the mini-series Six shielded Baltar from the nuke and planted some type of chip in his head or fused with him somehow, they actually explained it in the series a long time ago. This fusion is so advanced that Colonial technology can't detect it. Daniel escaped Cavil's wrath and ran away to Caprica and met Kara's Mom when Kara was very young (or perhaps just before Kara was born which makes some other sod Kara's real father). Daniel taught Kara the piano piece and then left after a while because one day he was walking around Caprica and saw a Six before it saw him and he thought that the cylons were on to him, so he split -- except he didn't split because there is no where for him to run -- so he popped himself into Kara's head just like Six did to Baltar. Six can go long periods of time without appearing to Baltar. Daniel chose to go for most of Kara's life and has only recently decided to re-appear in her head because she had lost her focus and purpose in life. He appeared in her head to give her a purpose. It's no accident that Kara plays Jimi Hendrix while Ellen and Tigh are in the bar.
    Woah I forgot about that, they can hard wire too, and we are clueless about how they pull it off. So its totally feasible

In the episode Maelstrom Leoben appeared in Kara's head. I now propose (as some already have) that this was in fact Daniel.
    Not so sure, here, though I put fourth that we as in humanity are all cylons , and can all do it, look at even Adama with his wife, and other characters pulling this feat off (I think my memory is hazy on others)
    Daniel knows how to use the Swirl -- that's what Ellen called it a few episodes ago and I assume that the swirl and the gas giant in Maelstrom is the same thing (just as others have assumed). Daniel knows how to use the swirl and guided Kara safely through it.
    Unless err, umm, its something best not gotten into in this forum, as hinted at in the new caprica eps.

Now all I have to do is explain the dead Kara & viper on Earth.
    Maybe the cylons are projecting her, and if everyone is a cylon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanty View Post
      Did anyone else catch the beginning of the original BSG theme music? May be my imagination but when he was messing around trying to think of the second act of his composition it sounded just like that piece of music...

If anyone recalls.. it's when the voice over appears in the original music of the series.

Haha... seems someone else noticed as well
      My favorite part of this episode...
      sigpic
      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

if Starbuck learnt that tune as a kid, does that mean her father is Bob Dylan? :O

Comment

Originally posted by chris777 View Post
          Idont buy it, unless you mean the writers original plan then yes. They held that opening till like season 4 then woopse lets change it, since we are never gonna adress it until the pre/seqel movie "the plan" since we are not going to be able to adress it in the series.
          I don't know, I really don't mind that we aren't going to get a more clear idea of the Cylon plan. Is it really need to know information? I don't think it is, because the story has obviously gone elsewhere. It would have been better had it been properly mapped out, sure, but I think it probably could have turned out much worse.
          I was just saying that if one wishes to put the effort into it something can be sustained for quite some time. Instead we are left with a mish mash, Jump cut if you will of a show with , outlandish character motivations and left field character choices. Take athena at new caprica , gaining Adamas trust from a prison Cell. The newest webisodes with the reveal of Gaitas secret 8, which just come off as more plot devices than anything. Like Daniel as the 13th cylon, Which might actually play out If say He is starbucks father, and on the final/first 5's ship with ressurection tech thats unaccounted for. He taught the song to Kara as a kid, then the rests and Hera hear it. I would have to dig up some of the Hybrid Prophecies though might make more sense. Plus the album title
          You make some good points, but still, I disagree when it comes to making a series last a long time. There have been some very notable shows such as Firefly and Freaks and Geeks that never got past their first season for one reason or another.
          Oh definitely thats a huge possibility, But He just come off as sort of snooty in many of his interviews like he had this plan all along like the Cylon plan, and he has orchestrated it. Plus he has gone back on many of the conventions he himself claims to hate about the Genre.
          I am just saying as Good as the show is, its Hugely based on the actors. And the writers have had some rather lackluster episodes, quite often.
          I mean Come on, Callie having Hot Dogs baby? Ellen , and Starbuck fracking every male on the show. It could almost be suggested that they Got something against women(which come to think of it, I have run into that exact situation myself, but I digress.)
          It just flip flops too much to be believable. The actors salvage it, for the most part(sorry Tahmoh but you are just slightly better at acting than Michael Phelps)
          Where as James Callis, Michael Hogan, Edward Olmos, Tricia Helfer, Aaron Douglas, and
          Katie sakoff, make the show on performances alone. Plotlines, and ridiculous character motivations be damned.
          Good point about the acting (it does seem to have some phenomenal acting, for a television show anyway), though I find Sackhoff's acting over the top a lot of the time. I haven't really noticed Helo that much, it's been so long since I have watched the first season or whenever he was a more prominent character (I don't have the DVD's and the series has had a tendency to drag on way too long because of the long breaks they have been having between seasons), though as far as the writing for his character goes, why wouldn't he be able to tell Boomer from Athena?!
          I am saying there is a huge , huge mine of stories and plotlines that they just threw out with the bathwater. Remember when they kept doing the Cylon hybrid baby teasers between the early seasons, that they just left hanging until the last 3 episodes of the series? And now they are Going to Give us Caprica? WT Frack?
          Good point with Caprica. If it wasn't for the fact that I had some idea in my head that RDM had some idea in his head of where BSG is/was going to go, then I may not have watched it. Something like BSG could get to be a pain in the ass if you didn't know that it was going to have a beginning, middle, and end of some kind, like reading a thousand page book, even if it is a really good book -- eventually, you just want it to end.
          Though this recent rumbling about the Glen larsen Big screen movie might be the reason, and liek I suggested, Ron moore might have a ridiculous case of ADD, or just Loves soap operas, with wild and insand couplings, and constant turmoil, I am saying as a viewer, on the outside of "the know" it looks like they wrote the whole series on a whim.
          Yeah, you know, it seems like the big difference between something like a drawing or a novel or something like that and a TV show, is that people other than the maker don't experience it while it "takes on a life of its own." This is part of why I prefer novels and movies and such to TV shows -- they have a distinct beginning, middle, and end, so you know it is going somewhere and if it gets slow for a bit, you can hope that it is going to pick up soon or at least it will be over soon. Sometimes even the best movies and novels have bits that drag for a while, but then they are considered the best because there is a redeeming factor to it -- some of the best novels and movies are probably things we wouldn't partake in if we thought they would never end. But, also, television programs often have pressure put on them to make money and while this same pressure is there for novels and movies as well, the pressure isn't the same, at least for the more "artsy" ones, because they can get away with it.

Comment

wonderful episode. I loved it
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

awesome episode

kinda slow, but i think it sets the mood, its becoming more and more likely that galactica is the dying leader, leading them to the promised land, roslin just happened to have cancer at the time of her rise to presidency

the question is, if earth isnt the promised land, what is?

poor chief, boomer really is a *****, should have fed her to the rebels , however i did enjoy boomer/chief stuff at the start tho even tho it was just manipulation on boomers part

as for piano man, i think its daniel/starbucks dad, or a projection of her dad but she is so stressed that she didnt recognise it at the time, one thing im sure of is that daniel is her dad, weather it was actually him on galactica or head daniel, i guess we'll have to find out
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                wonderful episode. I loved it
                Agreed. I'm trying not to overthink it all, but I guess the following:
                Kara is not a Cylon/hybrid, her father isn't Daniel or a Cylon, or anything like that. I mean, is that what most people think is the answer for everything?

"OMG! Rommo Lampbkin seen his deaded cat! He must be pro-jecting it, and is also a Cylon human. And the Others that live on the island wear real clothes and live in a 1980's village."

And, seriously, there isn't that much plot stuff to cover in the next four hours that's totally important. The main issue left is the Opera House mystery (That might not even be Cylon related!), Kara's destiny thingo (That also might not be Cylon related!), what the hell the fleet is going to end up as (Space dust... or a new colony?) and Cavil's little revenge plot. I may have missed some important things, but that's all I really can think of now.

And I have a feeling the rest of the Cylon based mythos will be solved in 'The Plan'. We may see the colony mentioned in "No Exit", and maybe glimpses of that plan those old seasons were gabbing on about.

About the episode, I loved it from start to finish. Great music, great acting, fantastic Chief/Boomer scenes, and the Final Four Theme returns! For the freaking win.
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

First thing I did after the episode ended was pull out my keyboard and tab out the song. I had done it on my guitar back in season three but the piano version was terrific as well. It's really a simple tune to hammer out, but it's catchy as hell by itself and especially when you throw in your own variations and such.

All I could really gather is dadmaybedaniel or dead-Kara is who awoke the five. From where is what I think the show will revolve around as far as the finale goes.

And it's interesting to think that Bear McCreary auditioned for that role.
                  Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

this episode was superdissapointing... only so few episodes to go and they make such a slow goer as this???
                    I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

I believe Daniel is Kara's father... they say it clear enough, he knew the song, she learned it from him/ or had it in her all the time and just repeated it with him... only a cylon knows that song - so unless producers want to fool us, though it would be quite stupid to do this with only a few episodes left - the logical idea is that Kara is the first hybrid and that her dad left them and never returned because he was boxed by Cavil.

Some of you don't want to believe this, some of you didn't wanted Ellen to be Cylon, but she is... funny how they manage to show us real things and still make us doubt because it would seem too easy to be truth.

Hera is Hybrid, Hera knows the song... Kara might be just like her - Hera wanted Kara to have the notes... she might of felt or even knew something about her.
                      Last edited by Loredana; 28 February 2009, 01:45 AM. Reason: added idea

Comment

Originally posted by bfldworker View Post
                        While I do agree this episode was slow. I think it needed to be slow to reveal a lot.

But, first.

[SIZE=6][FONT=Times New Roman]KARA IS SO A CYLON!
                        [SIZE=3]
                        The only thing that makes sense is simple. She was on "Earth" 2000 years ago and when the bombs fell. She must have downloaded to this ship in orbit that Ellen referred to in "Sometimes a great notion". When she died in Maelstrom she must have either hitched a ride to the resurrection hub or ship and came back.
                        But then how do you explain the Final Five not commenting on that? Did the FF decide to keep her existance as a Earth-Cylon a secret?
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Yes someone is manipulating things behind the scenes - Daniel and Marty...Kralizec is near...only Norma can save us. (Wait - wrong universe...)
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                            Yes someone is manipulating things behind the scenes - Daniel and Marty...Kralizec is near...only Norma can save us. (Wait - wrong universe...)
                            great. Looks like I'm not alone on this
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              kara is tormented by dreams, who is she? if she's on the planet, then who is she
                              she drinks in the bar, there's a piano man that annoys her, they start talking, he's trying to compose a song. she remembers about how her dad did that

adama and roslyn want to kill boomer, the six that was just elected to the senate asks for boomer to be killed for treason (siding with cavil), roslyn and adama are happy to agree

chief doesn't want her to die. he visits her, she shows him memories of their life from before and that they had a daughter

chief manipulates getting boomer out of the brig by swapping her with one of the other eights

boomer attacks athena, locks her up. then hubby comes in, so boomer fraks him while athena sees through a crack in the closet door. boomer then goes to daycare and picks up hera.

prior to this, hera had visited hera's daddy and hera gave her a drawing of a bunch of circles in a line. when kara is with pianoman (who my money is on being Daniel) they connect the dots, almost literally, and the dots that hera drew are music notes...the same song that all the cylons heard that drew them to their first meeting place

kara starts to play and it's revealed that piano man is Head Piano Man. the other cylons are in the bar, tigh asks how she knew that song, 'my dad used to play that to me' and he taught it to her. we have opera house type lighting

athena stumbles out and tells them what happened. boomer tries to leave galactica with hera. they try to stop her. they retract the drive pods (tres cool) but she gets out anyway. she spools up the ftl drive and jumps while she's in close proximity to galactica, and the shock wave tears a hole in the ship

as hera jumps away (locked in a box) roslyn collapses.

we end with roslyn on the floor, kara still clinging to anders, the ship falling apart

and promos for next week
                              Spoiler:

suggest someoen falling, structural integrity continuing to fail, tigh not wanting to give up the ship, adama saying he needs to let it go, adama collapsing - possibly in grief
                              The scenes in the house weren't of their life before. If you listen closely, Boomer said that the house was the one they WERE going to build on Picon after they mustered out. But since the Attack on the Colonies happened, it was never built. Boomer said that since they never built it, she built it in her head.
                              Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

A good episode if a little slow, man I am so impatient to watch the final 3 episodes.

One thing I don't get is how Hera was able to tell the difference between Boomer and Athena in Rapture but wasn't able to tell it was Boomer who picked her up from daycare. At the very least she should have been able to tell it wasn't Athena.

Boomer fraking Helo & making Athena watch! WOW! Helo not recognizing his wife - SAD. She even smelled different! Sometimes Helo can be too trusting & stupid.
                                While I do agree with you able Helo been a bit too trusting, you do have to cut him some slack. At the time he didn't know that Boomber had escaped and with the exception of the 8 who was with him while rescuing Diana off the Hub, none of the 8's have ever acted like Athena towards him. Plus Athena is generally the only 8 who wears the Colonial Viper uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X