The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!

This episode is all about why I watch this show....real drama and great characters (whether you love 'em or hate 'em).

But I HATE the "to be continued"....how the frak am I supposed to concentrate on work for the next week??!!

*headdesk*

Spoiler:
    "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
    ---Bill Adama

Comment

Frakking brilliant! That has to be one of, if not the, best pieces of TV ever!

So much to take in... but how much of a man is the Admiral!? Turning to the fit, tall marine, telling him to shoot to see if he's got a pair, then facepunching the traitor and taking his weapons! Serious stones on Adama!

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post

All I heard was that they had been found guilty of treason and would be executed.

It wouldn't surprise me though, Tigh getting executed. It can't be Adama.

Killing one or more of the final five would open the doorway to see them reintroduced somehow, or to shed light on them.
        Please, please use spoiler tags! This thread is supposed to be about ep13 - I don't want to know what's coming next. I don't watch the previews so that I won't know - I don't even watch the opening credits so that I don't see clips of the episode I'm about to watch. Spoiler tags let you talk about what's to come while giving people the chance not to see your text, just like in the post you responded to.

Speculation about upcoming episodes is okay, because it's not fact - I don't want to know about future eps.

Comment

I found it very interesting to see how short sighted the revolution was... they only cared about taking over galactica regardless of the cost

the killing of the deckmaster and that Pegasus brute's performance as communications officer were very striking... the latter looked totally out of place as a communications handler and the scene where he couldn't perform a presumably fairly simple task of isolating a frequency and gaeta had to come in and do it himself was just awesome

they're going to have a hard time running the ship!
          I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Smashing Young Man View Post
            One thing I was thinking about is how there wasn't much gray area in this episode; at the very least, the writers did everything they could to kill any sympathy we might have had for the rebellion. All the rebels acted like complete asshats through the whole thing.
            The ship had polarised - people had to commit to one side or another, there's no room to sit on the fence when people are fighting for their beliefs. No time for a debate when there's a gun at your head and you'll either take a bullet or live depending on which side you're on.

Personally, I have no sympathy for the rebels. Turning on their own people, killing men and women they fought alongside and whose lives they saved and were saved by, killing civilians... They don't deserve to live. And the coward Gaeta accusing Adama of treason takes the biscuit! Mutiny is hardly holding up the law when you kill non-combatants, civilians, threaten to rape prisoners and assist in a coup.

If they felt strongly about the decision to allow Cylons into the colonies, they should have formed their own fleet. Adama and the government would have let them have ships and supplies. The only problem with that is that they wouldn't have the military might of the Galactica and they are cowards. They kill fellow humans in order to save their own skin from their fear of the Cylons. If they truely valued human life and civilisation, they wouldn't be reducing the number of living humans. The Cylon tried to wipe out humanity, and the rebels are finishing the job for them.

The series might end with the rebels in control of the military, threatening any remaining loyalist ships. Roslin*, fearing the total annihilation of mankind, orders the Cylon baseship to destroy Galactica and any other rebel strongholds... possibly the whole fleet, except for those living on the baseship. The series that began with mankind fleeing a holocaust ends with mankind begging its enemies to finish what they started. Enough humans/final 5s are left alive to allow the cylon to start reproducing biologically and settle on a planet. Civilisation expands until one day the bombs start to fall all over again....

*Edit: Maybe Starbuck - she made it clear that traitors should be disposed of. The Admiral knows this to be true (his speech on the CiC) but he is sentimental in his dotage (letting the traitor marine go). And she's the Harbinger of Death or some such...
            Last edited by BobBot; 31 January 2009, 01:40 AM.

Comment

fraking amazing episode. But I don't wanna wait seven days
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Amazing. Simply amazing. Gaeta is a dead man. If a civilian such as Baltar and Zarek had staged the coup, I would have understood, but little weasel Gaeta used his position on board Galactica to deceive his commanding officer and his colleagues.

Too bad about the cliffhanger! But dang, I've never felt more sympathetic towards the Cylons... Makes you wonder if nuking the colonies was not the right thing to do. Frak you homo sapiens!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                  Amazing. Simply amazing. Gaeta is a dead man. If a civilian such as Baltar and Zarek had staged the coup, I would have understood, but little weasel Gaeta used his position on board Galactica to deceive his commanding officer and his colleagues.

Too bad about the cliffhanger! But dang, I've never felt more sympathetic towards the Cylons... Makes you wonder if nuking the colonies was not the right thing to do. Frak you homo sapiens!
                  I always liked cylons. Cavil is fraking amazing guy and superb villian
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    My biggest complaint about this episode was that Starbuck survived the first 15 minutes. The sloppy writing of the scene where she saves Apollo took me out of the element for the first half of the show.

There is absolutely no explanation why none of the rebels even bothered to at the very least pull their guns on her after she shot the first guy, much less after she shot the second.
                    She had her guns drawn and pointed. Starbuck is the best shot in the fleet, in or out of the cockpit (I think that was established in season 1, when she went with the marines to suppress the Astral Queen uprising) and has top-gun reflexes. Plus, Racetrack et al know Starbuck is unpredictable - and they still don't know what she is, her very presence induces fear. She probably didn't execute the rest because they might have had time to return fire before she could finish them all.

Comment

Saul won't die and Ellen should be back in the next episode
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't get why Saul and Adama had to stay behind. There was plenty of time to get out. They weren't really protecting anything, the raptor was already gone.
                        My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                          I don't get why Saul and Adama had to stay behind. There was plenty of time to get out. They weren't really protecting anything, the raptor was already gone.
                          They didn't have to, they chose to. Adama said he couldn't live with himself if he left. Saul fights for what he believes in. They just weren't going to leave the ship to the traitors, even if it meant their own deaths.

Comment

Shouldn't they have gotten Anders, Caprica, Athena and her child off the battlestar before having a jumper arrive and take the loyalists to the baseship?
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Lee and Starbuck couldn't get to the brig, they tried somewhere in the episode., possibly too heavily guarded.

I don't want Gaeta to die.. no, i want Starbuck to shoot his other leg..

Comment

Brilliant ending.

Through I would love Adarma and tigh to of been smoking cigars in the final seen as they shooting through the door.

I think the majority of us are in agreement with gaeta needs to die.

Baltar , has redeem his character in this episode. I love how his follower already seem to know what going on all over the vessel.

I would love to off seen doc treating the sick and his own people trying to stay neutral in the fighting through.

A lot of people died in this epi, it was not planned to be bloodless coup by any means, I mean given that their always a few marines on the bridge, it could be pretty bloodless if they planned it that.

I Roslin speech was good, I hope we what effect s is has, it seem to quite a effect of the governing council, Zarek I got the feeling is already loosing his influence over them.

Gaeta and the mutinous traitors needs to die. Through Adarma saving that marine was the right thing to do, hope they bring that back into play next episode. With the Marine turning somehow helping them retake the ship.

I thought we would saw the Basestar look a bit more repaired by now.
                                I would like of seen what happening one the other vessels in the fleet through.

Comment

Working...
                                X