No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll tell you all this... I'm am not a fan of this show by any means, but this was a GREAT episode.

The awesomeness was... just awesome!

Originally posted by somedude View Post
    And during the commercial breaks, what happened to Nick Chinlund? He's doing movies on SciFi now? Wyvern doesn't look too good.
    I believe i saw a Mr.Hammond in the that trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Amazing episode tonight. It really was. And what an ending. Waiting until next week is going to be such torture to see how this is all resolved. I'll tell you this,
      Spoiler:
      Tigh had better not be dead though. I would be so upset.
      Maybe Tigh's death is what prompts Ellen to return. :shrug:
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        Amazing episode tonight. It really was. And what an ending. Waiting until next week is going to be such torture to see how this is all resolved. I'll tell you this,
        Spoiler:
        Tigh had better not be dead though. I would be so upset.
        If the spoiler is true then I'll be more pissed off that they put it in the previews....

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          Maybe Tigh's death is what prompts Ellen to return. :shrug:
          He could resurrect but I hope he doesn't die. Tigh is my absolute favorite character.

Comment

Just to be clear, I'm not complaining about a lack of gray area (at least, a lack of gray area from my perspective). I sometimes feel writers of movies and television shows try too hard to make things gray and morally relative these days.

Comment

How can you have a cliff-hanger that implies Adama and Tigh are killed and then cut straight to the preview for next week showing that Adama didn't die? And if Tight dies as the preview spoiled, it has to be from the explosion or it would lose it's impact. But at least SGA isn't the only show SciFi spoils in previews...

I'm still with Zarek and the Rebels. Nothing any of the main characters did in this ep showed me that they deserve to live (except Apollo) I mean, where did Roslin go as soon as she left Galactica? From next week's preview it looks like the Basestar.

Apollo finally started to come to his senses toward the end of the ep when he went off on Tigh. I'm hoping he'll finally shed the Lee Adama aspect of his character and fully become Apollo but based on some other scenes (Starbuck - more in a second) I'm pretty sure they're gonna either use his father's death or the will to save his father before he's killed to reset the character.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think what we see here is how leadership is important, as well as discipline. Kara and Lee (well, Kara at least) know when they have to shoot people; Adama and Tigh too. I didn't like the idea of humans killing humans, but I always react well to talk about honor and such.

I think Baltar may have some way to expose Gaeta and therefore undermine his leadership. Maybe he has some piece of evidence that conclusively fingers Gaeta... maybe even related to Connor's son.

Maybe this ends with a small number of humans (hopefully enough males) running off with the cylon girls and founding a new planet, while the fleet shoots itself apart just before Cavil comes by to finish them off. Cavil then gives up, thinking that all humans are gone, while the humans and cylons go off to start the cycle (and sequels) again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  I believe i saw a Mr.Hammond in the that trailer.
                  Yes, Wyvern will be Don. S. Davis's final appearance in a new show/movie
                  http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204493/

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    A matter of opinion, I suppose.

I think their justification is absolutely correct. The Roslin/Adama leadership has been nothing shy of dictatorial, and completely shameless about it. As much as I love the Eddie Olmos' and Mary McDonnell's performances (they really does a wonderful job), their characters have grown beyond despicable. They deserve what they get, at this point.
                    I think I agree with both points. They're great actors (especially Olmos) but the characters aren't exactly "good guys"
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Oh, and Tigh is probably my favorite character too. He reminds me of my dad, a bit. Well... I guess my dad had a little more of Adama's temperament, but Tigh's great turns of phrase.

Comment

good episode.

I think geeta will find out that he is in over his head. If this mutiny actually works geeta will have a hard time keeping control and could have a mutiny of his own.

I think Lee doesn't like Tigh too much and the way it sounds he thinks that making peace with the Cylons is not right.

The look of Tigh when Adama and Roslin kissed in his quarters.

They should of had some the rebels douting what they were doing. They were overthrowing the current leadership by blood (lots of it). Some of the rebels were in it for revenge on there enemies.

Comment

My biggest complaint about this episode was that Starbuck survived the first 15 minutes. The sloppy writing of the scene where she saves Apollo took me out of the element for the first half of the show.

There is absolutely no explanation why none of the rebels even bothered to at the very least pull their guns on her after she shot the first guy, much less after she shot the second.

And on top of that she gives her little tuff girl line and just runs away and they all just stand there. For a revolt as surprisingly effective as Geata's was, there's really no excuse for the poor writing in that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by prattmic View Post
                            Yes, Wyvern will be Don. S. Davis's final appearance in a new show/movie
                            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0204493/
                            Shame it has to be a cruddy Scifi movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              How can you have a cliff-hanger that implies Adama and Tigh are killed and then cut straight to the preview for next week showing that Adama didn't die? And if Tight dies as the preview spoiled, it has to be from the explosion or it would lose it's impact. But at least SGA isn't the only show SciFi spoils in previews...
                              That looked like a flash bang or stun grenade to me. It's far more logical than them surviving a fragmentation or concussion grenade, since Adama looks unscathed in the next episode.

It'd make more sense if Tigh was the one killed by the firing squad, since we see them shoot. It's probably just deceptive editing to make it look like Adama bites the bullet(s).

I'm still with Zarek and the Rebels. Nothing any of the main characters did in this ep showed me that they deserve to live (except Apollo) I mean, where did Roslin go as soon as she left Galactica? From next week's preview it looks like the Basestar.
                              Yeah, I don't see how that could help things. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a shoot out between the Galactica and the Base Star. Both of their hulls look like hell haha. But with that Viper engaging the Raptor headed for the Base Star, it's pretty obvious that the Cylons will be getting involved.

Apollo finally started to come to his senses toward the end of the ep when he went off on Tigh. I'm hoping he'll finally shed the Lee Adama aspect of his character and fully become Apollo but based on some other scenes (Starbuck - more in a second) I'm pretty sure they're gonna either use his father's death or the will to save his father before he's killed to reset the character.
                              Not sure that I follow, why does he need to be reset? Lee is a constantly evolving character. He has never really followed one format, he constantly changes and adapts.

Comment

Originally posted by tech100 View Post
                                They should of had some the rebels douting what they were doing. They were overthrowing the current leadership by blood (lots of it). Some of the rebels were in it for revenge on there enemies.
                                I think that's why they're all in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X