No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a theory that will end the series, maybe because as was already stated
    Spoiler:
    how Gaeta will die in 4.18
    that the rebellion takes a lot of loses when Adama et al takes the fleet back. That there is going to be ship losses somewhere in there, and the Cylons escape with the remaining fleet. Something happens like a beacon or some sort "the dying leader" comes in here. I think they took Roslin's cancer as the "dying" bit but... what if this "leader" gets injured in some way that is fatal, doesn't have to be immediatly fatal but is. Galactica still has nukes right?

This leader finds them a planet and this is the 'real' earth. The place the remanants of the 13th colony escaped too

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
      I have a theory that will end the series, maybe because as was already stated
      Spoiler:
      how Gaeta will die in 4.18
      that the rebellion takes a lot of loses when Adama et al takes the fleet back. That there is going to be ship losses somewhere in there, and the Cylons escape with the remaining fleet. Something happens like a beacon or some sort "the dying leader" comes in here. I think they took Roslin's cancer as the "dying" bit but... what if this "leader" gets injured in some way that is fatal, doesn't have to be immediatly fatal but is. Galactica still has nukes right?

This leader finds them a planet and this is the 'real' earth. The place the remanants of the 13th colony escaped too
      The prophecy states the leader suffers a "wasting illness", I'm not sure that injuries or wounds would qualify?

Spoiler:
      "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
      ---Bill Adama

Comment

Radiation poisoning is a wasting illness! hehe

Comment

Originally posted by helio9 View Post
          It looked like a 'real life' flashbang, not a frag.
          Here's a few screen caps:

;

It looks more like a flashbang. The bright flash seen through the crack in the doors would also support that assumption.
          sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
            The prophecy states the leader suffers a "wasting illness", I'm not sure that injuries or wounds would qualify?
            cancer?
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fwupow View Post
              Here's a few screen caps:

;

It looks more like a flashbang. The bright flash seen through the crack in the doors would also support that assumption.
              it's a flashbang
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                cancer?
                Cancer definitely fits the bill as a "wasting illness".

Spoiler:
                "I laid out the cabin today. It's gonna have an easterly view. Should see the light that we get here when the sun comes from behind those mountains! It's almost heavenly. It reminds me of you."
                ---Bill Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Back40 View Post
                  She's got cover, heavy metal toolbox within arm's reach. Mobile cover. She's taken out one before anyone even sees her, and it's funny how putting a bullet into a man's head and having his blood spatter all over your antagonists causes them to freeze. Then Skulls just flaps his lips and she doesn't even pause for breath before she puts a round in him. She obviously means business. And she has two weapons out. Now, are you gonna be the first person to open your mouth or make a sudden move and draw down fire?
                  Open my mouth? No. You just shoot!

But as you pointed out, you wouldn't be the first one to open your mouth in that situation because the other guy had already done it. (which itself is bad writing)

All I'm saying is that if this were a show that took action scenes seriously it would've either played out totally different, or Starbuck would be dead.

At the very least she could've stayed behind the heavy metal toolboxes instead of making her out to be an untouchable character that can do anything.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Espeon1962 View Post
                    Its too bad Dualla was not alive as you know she would have been right beside the admiral - she would never have turned traitor.

I am still wondering how Kara's id is going to be wrapped up, are we to conclude she is actually a cylon as well?
                    Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    I don't understand how Zarek isn't dead yet.
                    I'm glad Dualla isn't alive to see what has become of the crew of the Galactica, she'd suffered enough with the loss of the dream of Earth. If only Gaeta had had the courage to put a bullet in his own brain...

As for Kara; I reckon there might be some sort of resurrection technology on Earth that was still active and regenerated her, just like the Final Five survived the bombs. Wouldn't explain the Viper though.

But my idea is that on Earth, there was no distinction between human and cylon - cylon bodies and resurrection technology were developed to achieve immortality. In this regard, the Final Five are as different from the other 7 models as humans are, but all three races come from a common progenitor. So even humans have a latent capacity to resurrect, given the right technology.

I also think there is a 13th model who went a different route during the exodus from Earth - the 12 founded the colonies, while the 13th founded the 7 models on a new Cylon homeworld. He appointed himself The One True God and it is him that Angel Six talks to Gaius about. It wouldn't surprise me if Gaius himself takes some cylons and humans away to start a new resurrection-capable civilization with himself as God, and this civilisation goes on to attack the other human settlements - "All this has happened before and will happen again."

Zarek: remember on New Caprica when the centurion firing squad was going to execute him and some others? He hid behind Roslin! He survives because he hides, never puts himself in danger. Even now, he's got Gaeta in amongst the revolution while he sits danger-free on Colonial One...

Comment

Well, your thinking, BobBot, runs along much the same lines as my theories of late.

One of the major loose ends which I hope get tied up as the series ends is: What exactly are these Gods or God that we keep hearing about? Are they supernatural spirit beings of great power or regular beings in control of superior technology or more highly evolved beings in control of superior technology?

You could theorize that the maelstrom Kara Thrace dropped into was a wormhole to Earth and that she was resurrected by some sort of Earth-proximate resurrection technology or you can bring in the God factor and say that she was uploaded before entering the wormhole by some sort of Almighty Divinity with universe spanning power.

The info which Gaius Baltar got from the Gina prisoner on Pegasus and then related to Admiral Cain was that the Cylons had resurrection technology on their homeworld but the range was limited, so they needed to build resurrection ships to keep the capability within range as they went out to wage war.

Unless you invoke divine intervention, it seems only reasonable that Kara Thrace was resurrected by some sort of Earth-based rebirth apparatus.

One other interesting thing to note about Kara in the latest episode is that she seems greatly invigorated by the civil war breakout, basically happy about it! The Admiral found her behavior troubling. Is there some sort of mysterious force, the same force that provoked the civil war on Earth 2000 years ago, still active on or near Earth that is provoking the current conflict in the fleet and is Kara really the "angel of death" working as an agent of that force?
                      sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one to think about the flashbang; just too much light to be a frag.

Like I said, I just want Saul to have one more chance to be Saul.

As for Starbuck; whatever resurrection technique worked on her worked on her viper as well, so well that while no one could tell the difference between it's tech and normal vipers, but it and it alone detected the becon from the original viper that led them to Earth. Now that's the interesting part, from a sci-fi point of view.

Comment

they won't frag them, not only cause they want them alive, but is it really smart to use a frag grenade near an airlock???? or on a space ship in general?
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=EvenstarSRV;9669253]It was interesting to see how much power Gaeta has always been able to wield by controlling the comms in the CIC. And I enjoyed seeing both Starbuck and Roslin really come back to life after the event on Earth. Didn't quite understand why Adama and Tigh had to stay in the hold after the Raptor had taken off, but their stand was cool to see.

Finally someone mentions that Adama and Tigh could have fit on the raptor! I have no idea why they needed to stay behind and take a stand, especially one that seems potentially unsuccessful, as they gave away the fact that they were there by shooting at the small crack in the door. The others wouldn't have known and would have likely been easy to pick off one by one as the door opened more. They would NOT have thrown in a grenade! Why would they if they don't know someone is there?

As far as Gaeta goes, I get the control thing over the coms, but why would anyone listen to him? He doesn't seem to have any other power. Just a thought.

Comment

I agree... Gaeta seems like a nice guy (normally), but he doesn't strike me as someone with a whole lot of charisma. How he's the ringleader and can get others to follow him is a little beyond me, other than the fact that he might be the only guy who can do key stuff in CIC. That would make him a key figure in a mutiny, but not necessarily the military leader of it.

Maybe that issue will come back to haunt him. Once control has been established, a higher ranking mutineer (if there is one), may try to displace him.

Comment

Originally posted by notafanboy
                                Finally someone mentions that Adama and Tigh could have fit on the raptor! I have no idea why they needed to stay behind and take a stand, especially one that seems potentially unsuccessful, as they gave away the fact that they were there by shooting at the small crack in the door. The others wouldn't have known and would have likely been easy to pick off one by one as the door opened more. They would NOT have thrown in a grenade! Why would they if they don't know someone is there?

Tigh- "You could have gone over with her, Bill."

Adama- "I couldn't have lived with it."

Someone else mentioned earlier in the thread (I think) that Adama wouldn't, and couldn't, live with himself if he left his ship in the hands of mutineers. This simple exchange confirms that in my mind. As for why not take and kill whoever came through the door, he probably still considers them his men, despite Starbuck's entreaty not to.

Plus I suspect that Adama is trying to make a point, that he won't give up his ship, and perhaps those in the mutiny who are on the fence so to speak, might realize that and come to their senses.

Comment

Working...
                                X