No announcement yet.

The Oath (413)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the success of a coup also rides on how much the crew trusts the 'new' boss....if tigh had a mutiny - before the whole cylon thing that is - he'd have stood a chance.
    but gatea? he doesn't have the leaderrship potential

and did you see how zarek expected gaeta to be his fall guy? he was ticked that gaeta hasnt' killed adama for him. he wants to lead but wants everyone else to do the dirty work

spineless dude

i can see, with adama's reluctance to kill, the ring leaders being killed, the others dumped off on a life supporting planet and abandoned

but, you know, they only have 7 more eps to go to wrap it up
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Very intense episode... very good, thrilling, edge of my seat...

And yet, if the next episode goes down how I think it might, that's the end for me. I will stop watching. So close to the end too.

Comment

I'm glad that they didn't resolve everything in one episode but frak waiting another week!!!!

I was half hoping that Adama would have shot that 2nd marine in the back of the head. The way he sounded in CiC was that he would grant no quarter to those traitors. I agree with Starbuck, they are the enemy and they should just shoot first, ask questions later.

But damn Racetrack for being a traitor!! She was one of my favorite secondary characters. The only way I see this ending is for all the traitors to be airlocked, with the exception of Gaeta, whom I hope Adama shoots in the head.

Comment

Is Laird really dead? Looked like maybe he was just knocked out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Arative View Post
            I'm glad that they didn't resolve everything in one episode but frak waiting another week!!!!

I was half hoping that Adama would have shot that 2nd marine in the back of the head. The way he sounded in CiC was that he would grant no quarter to those traitors. I agree with Starbuck, they are the enemy and they should just shoot first, ask questions later.

But damn Racetrack for being a traitor!! She was one of my favorite secondary characters. The only way I see this ending is for all the traitors to be airlocked, with the exception of Gaeta, whom I hope Adama shoots in the head.
            And we can't forget Seelix. She distracted Sam while the traitors came up behind him.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

Oh Ellen? Where are you?

She can't come back to no Tigh, right?

That weaselly ass Gaeta! (Good acting btw) I would so like to do a Starbuck into his head. Frakkin traitor!

AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! A two parter!

Comment

TO BE CONTINUED my ass.... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and whines..

damn very evil... i need more.

action packed... yes... very nice... erm.

this little shippy heart is squeeing..
                Spoiler:
                L/K kiss very nice... hmm wonder if RDM will finally listen to us and have them be a couple. and the A/R being all coupley around each other... *sigh*

*blinks* re: preview for next week... HOLY FRAK!

baltar has slowly seemed to have redeemed himself, greata... take the little frakker to the airlock and space his sorry ass, along w/ the VP
                sigpic

Comment

OMG!!! That was one of my favorite episodes. Anyone think Roslin and Baltar, will get along now? This was very intense. I was on my seat for the whole hour, which is rare for me. Cant wait for next week, it will feel like a month. The anticipation might just drive me crazy.
                  Xavier Cortez in GWRP
                  sigpic
                  BALINSKY: Yes these markings, this stone and architecture ... oh Dr. Jackson is going to die when he sees this.
                  DIXON: What, again?

Comment

As of today I hope Gaius explodes that self-righteous prick Geada's lies.

Evil little S.O.B., I hope Starbuck make a canoe outta his and Racetrack's heads. Sorry gang, but watching characters whom I know are aware of how few people are left pull a Jamestown is depressing.

I have no idea what's next but I hope there is something positive to end the series on. A message of mass suicide will not get me to rewatch the series..

Comment

One thing I was thinking about is how there wasn't much gray area in this episode; at the very least, the writers did everything they could to kill any sympathy we might have had for the rebellion. All the rebels acted like complete asshats through the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashing Young Man View Post
                        One thing I was thinking about is how there wasn't much gray area in this episode; at the very least, the writers did everything they could to kill any sympathy we might have had for the rebellion. All the rebels acted like complete asshats through the whole thing.
                        A matter of opinion, I suppose.

I think their justification is absolutely correct. The Roslin/Adama leadership has been nothing shy of dictatorial, and completely shameless about it. As much as I love the Eddie Olmos' and Mary McDonnell's performances (they really does a wonderful job), their characters have grown beyond despicable. They deserve what they get, at this point.

It's a shame their comeuppance seems to have come from a malcontent like Gaeta. Zarek I can at least somewhat understand, and it seems almost like he's in over his head; but Gaeta's earned a bullet between the eyes with the actions of this revolt. I hope it's either Starbuck or Baltar that gives it to him.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes and no. You have to look at it from both ways. As a viewer I obviously lean heavily in favour of the normal Administration and not Gaeta. Zarek had potential, but that is now gone and will never be redeemed. And yeah, the episode is obviously portraying the rebels as tools.

But you could take the other side too. I mean I don't see what fleeing to the Base Star will accomplish, wouldn't that only reaffirm the tensions and suspicion?

Comment

And during the commercial breaks, what happened to Nick Chinlund? He's doing movies on SciFi now? Wyvern doesn't look too good.

Comment

Amazing episode tonight. It really was. And what an ending. Waiting until next week is going to be such torture to see how this is all resolved. I'll tell you this,
                              Spoiler:
                              Tigh had better not be dead though. I would be so upset.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What did you expect? They are rebelling against the two major characters of the series. It does not help that the head rebel was a collaborator with the Cylons....

Comment

Working...
                                X