The Disquiet That Follows My Soul (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Detox View Post
    the people in the fleet, and the viewers just can't get a break from the constant depressing moments one after another.

I honestly think the direction Moore's going in is too unrealistic. The Quorum seem like a bunch of idiots. People aren't that stupid. Here they are, give a chance to increase their survival significantly, and they're all complaining, no! We don't want it! Because we're all morons!.
    GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS A BREAK!
    But Moore has said that it's not going to be a happy ending! It's very realistic - real life doesn't have happy moments just when they are needed. People get worn down, and when they think it can't get worse, it does. Just look at the global recession, people are feeling like the characters on BSG right now.

The Quorum does seem like a bunch of idiots - a perfectly realistic representation of government. Going for the popular, easy route instead of the one that will lead to success. They don't care what happens to the voters, just votes. It's easy to make popular decisions and promises, and it's hard to come up with a way to keep them. Corrupt politicians like Zarek are 10 a penny in real life too. It's not hard to see that the fleet is stronger with the thousands of rebel cylons and their baseships than without them, not to mention their knowledge of Cavill, even if it is emotionally difficult to accept them.

Life is going to get harder for the characters. Especially with selfish cowards like Gaeta being around. He lost a leg, big deal - like Starbuck said, 50 billion dead and he's upset about his leg!? Disrespecting his Admiral? Siding with Zarek? Balthar has felt guilt about his unwitting role in the attacks on the colonies, but Gaeta knows what he's doing. I feel that he's going to bring about a resistance and Kara will end it - likely resulting in the death of most humans.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      LOL, when BSG has plot holes and poor writing people get all defensive. Hmmm sounds all too familar with a little show called Stargate Atlantis. Eps like this prove that BSG can be duller than a brick wall at times. Yes, maybe it's setting up for something big, but the writing was sloppy with this episode. The whole Gaeta and Starbuck fight was immature at best, and the Cally plot had more holes than swiss cheese.
      Dull? Have we been watching the same show. It wasn't dull at all...I guess you would also think "Frost/Nixon" as dull am I right?

Kara was never mature, that is why she loves to start fights and ends up in the brig on regular basis. Kara has some serious problems. Problems that she can't even tell anyone. Felix has completely broken down. He lost his leg, he saw a crew being murdered in front of his eyes and barely survived himself, the only thing that had given him strength has turned into a nightmare and one of his best friends has commited suicide right in front of him. This man is going around the bend for very obvious reasons and his conversation with Kara was a very human reaction.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Guys

Let's lose this petty baiting over shows. The topic is the most recent episode of BSG.

Don't snark about other shows, and if people do snark, don't be silly enough to take the bait and escalate things.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wayston View Post
          it also makes sense that Zarek would be against a cylon alliance; on real life earth he would be the perennial communist that fights for the poor against the establishment, he will see every decision of roslyn and adama as a means to consolidate their power regardless of their actual intention

the decision of the quorum is also plausible, it was actually rather balanced since they didn't flat out block adama's plans, just gave individual fleet captains the authority to follow their own conscience
          Zarek is only out for power for himself, like so many communists. Roslyn and Adama need total power - the situation is too desperate, too urgent. Tough, unpopular decisions need to be made - sometimes the decision that keeps the people alive is the one that people hate.

As for individual captains being able to choose about the jump drives - if one ship refuses it, that ship will slow down the whole fleet, or will get abandoned when Cavill shows up and then it'll be Adama who is criticized for not forcing the new drives on each ship!

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
            Dull? Have we been watching the same show. It wasn't dull at all...I guess you would also think "Frost/Nixon" as dull am I right?
            Hey, it's my opinion. I was watching it with family and one of my family members said, wow that was pretty dull.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobBot View Post
              Zarek is only out for power for himself, like so many communists. Roslyn and Adama need total power - the situation is too desperate, too urgent. Tough, unpopular decisions need to be made - sometimes the decision that keeps the people alive is the one that people hate.
              What exactly did Zarek do that makes you say that? The only thing I saw him do was give the individual captains the right to choose for themselves. I don't know where you get Communist from either.

Originally posted by BobBot View Post
              As for individual captains being able to choose about the jump drives - if one ship refuses it, that ship will slow down the whole fleet, or will get abandoned when Cavill shows up and then it'll be Adama who is criticized for not forcing the new drives on each ship!
              Why? He wouldn't have been the one that made the decision.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Here's something interesting...

http://galactica.wikia.com/wiki/Batt...tica_mythology

...which after you read it would suggest that Hybrid's 'prophecy' concerning Kara is nothing more than a lie programmed into the Hybrid as something to recite to her with the intent to mess with her. The 'prophecy' has only been stated by Hyrbrids.
                Last edited by HAL2100; 24 January 2009, 09:57 AM.
                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                  This is was is truly scary for me. Edward James Olmos said so himself that the series finale will be a punch in the gut and really dark.
                  I think that most of them all die.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                    Here's something interesting...

http://galactica.wikia.com/wiki/Batt...tica_mythology

...which after you read it would suggest that Hybrid's 'prophecy' concerning Kara is nothing more than a lie programmed into the Hybrid as something to recite to her with the intent to mess with her. The 'prophecy' has only been stated by Hyrbrids.
                    that's a Wikia. I don't trust this site a word and I've seen this theory before on some other forums.
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                      that's a Wikia. I don't trust this site a word and I've seen this theory before on some other forums.
                      Quite true but it does answer a great many things...have to at least given them some credit for plausibility.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                        I think that most of them all die.
                        I fully expect everyone to die except Hera and the Tigh/6 brat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chev's Ron View Post
                          Interesting Episode, nice to see that Nikki isn't a cylon, makes for an interesting twist. Although, I am confused about why Calley was going to airlock her son if she knew he wasn't a cylon.
                          Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          I just thought of this...

Why did Cally try to airlock Nicky if she knew Tyrol wasnt the father, and therefore knew he wasnt a cylon? She would still be alive, unless she was trying to kill herself and her son? Sounds a bit like a plot hole.
                          How so? People in real life kill their children for all kinds of f'ed up reasons...none of them rational...except maybe to them.

If she had only killed herself, Tyrol would have still been alive and thus had custody of the child. Maybe that was reason enough for her in her moment of panic. She was doped up on meds and then the hammer drops that her husband was a Cylon...it drove her over the edge and rational thought was tossed away.

As far as I'm concerned this was just the writer's (who was RDM for this episode) easy way of avoiding the whole hybrid issue as now the child is as human as can be so it's one less issue to have to focus on. Which actually I am perfectly fine with. Though I thought it was interesting for Chief's character. He's loved this child and now he's not even his...one less connection to his past life as a "human".

I'm still waiting for Torry to get what is coming to her...Tyrol finding out that she killed Cally...though by this point Tyrol may not really care that she killed Cally if he ever found out.
                          Last edited by LoneStar1836; 24 January 2009, 11:50 AM.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson View Post
                            This one was a little dull. Definitely not a favorite. Mostly political stuff. But....it looks like the VP is gonna....along with Gaeta....and other rebels....are gonna have uprising.

And.....how come Gaeta all of a sudden in the spotlight? Where has he been? How about that whole cylon bashing he did with Kara in the Mess Hall? What all of a sudden Gaeta's a cylon bigot?
                            The Face of the Enemy webisodes were meant to explain that. On New Caprica Gaeta had an affair with on of the 8's. He thought that he was giving her a list of names of important people that she would help save but in turn she took the list and had everyone on that list killed. Gaeta didn't find out until that 8 and himself were alone on the Raptor and Gaeta realized that he was no better than Baltar.

Comment

Just when you think you've got a character figured out, you get these curve-balls (Felix/Laura/Bill/etc)

I'm more apprehensive now than I was at the end of 'Revelations'.

Comment

This episode was pretty good, for a bridge episode. (meaning it's supposed to bridge from one arc to another, this one being the revolution) You know, even though we are supposed to think Ellen Tigh is the final Cylon, I still wonder if this is all a red herring? I mean, her and 6 look alot alike.
                                I can understand why some of the fleet feel the way that they do about Cylons: The did try to wipe out humanity TWICE (remember, there was a war before the show) and have been hounding them mercilously. Would a chance to get better FTL drives change peoples hearts?
                                Gaeta: wow, from loyal officer,to Balter's right hand, now to mutineer (and if you believe some people, Final Cylon). But as stated above, of all the characters we have seen, he has suffered the most at the hands of Cylons.

So, who's going to bite it next week; some of that footage looked pretty hardcore.

Comment

Working...
                                X