The Disquiet That Follows My Soul (412)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    I'd love it if they put him back in a viper.

You don't like Anna Nicole Six?
    I was thinking "OK Lee time for ANOTHER career change!"

Fab. Anna Six, she's so Amazing! Anna Six!
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
      How much you wanna bet that the child the Six is going to have is, in some freaky way, going to be
      Spoiler:
      Ellen Reborn?
      That would be crazy!
      we'll seee since
      Spoiler:
      ellen returns in the next ep as does head six

Comment

Gaeta, more than most, has good reason to hate the old and the new "breed" of cylons. After all the Sharon model he was intimate with on Carprica had behaved badly in the interim Webisodes; Anders, one of the Final Five, had caused him to lose his leg, he was almost airlocked himself by Saul Tigh--nowhere has he experienced a Cylon he could trust, much less respect.

Adama definitely is coming down with something. He shouldn't be picking up other people's trash as he's been doing. Gloves, next time, Admiral.

Love among the ruins with Rosyln and Adama. A union with about as many bright future prospects as a merger between WaMu and Lehman brothers.

Baltar is back to his callous (Callis) self, completely oblivious and un-caring about the fistfight happening literally at his feet. Lovely to see you again.

The Final Five are a strange group. Their immortality does not seem to depend on resurrection vats. I suspect Ellen will return in a form only visible to Saul, just as he saw Six earlier as Ellen. Remember Cylons have the power to "project" their own surroundings.

Starbuck is just insufferable. Rosyln's despair is understandable, but what keeps Starbuck going ?

Comment

This episodes one of the things that I don't like about Galactica. It's too slow and dull, and even on top of that, the people in the fleet, and the viewers just can't get a break from the constant depressing moments one after another.

I honestly think the direction Moore's going in is too unrealistic. The Quorum seem like a bunch of idiots. People aren't that stupid. Here they are, give a chance to increase their survival significantly, and they're all complaining, no! We don't want it! Because we're all morons!.

Christ.

Not to mention the trailer for this episode was horrifically misleading. The trailer showed Athena and the Marines boarding a ship and taking the Zarek by force, and I am definitely pissed that scene got cut out.

Please Ronald Moore, I beg of you, don't go in Prison Break's direction. Sometimes, maybe once in a while, GIVE YOUR CHARACTERS A BREAK!
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            The whole Gaeta and Starbuck fight was so cliche'. I mean you saw it coming a mile away and she even threw in a heartless crack about his leg. Didn't see that coming. I just felt half the episode was pointless.
            its kinda sad but that flight between Gaeta and Starbuck reminded me of the same flight in Wild wild west. All that was missing was the racial undertones.
            "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

I liked this episode. Sure, it wasn't all that action-packed and not really any major bombshells dropped besides Cally sleeping around, but it did a good job of building up for major future happenings and I enjoy the political intrigue of the show. C'man, we're four seasons in and the show is ending, you all know by now that BSG mixes action with drama and politics, some days you get more action, other days you get more drama and politics, that's how it has always been.

They have been, in a way, building up for a Zarek rebellion ever since he was introduced in Bastille Day, and I think it is only fitting it happens now, when the people of the fleet are shattered, and ready to lash out at anyone or anything in anger and frustration that the one hope they had turned out to be false. While some might think people are reacting unrealistically, "too stupid," I would disagree.

The re-energized movement against the Cylons is a product of this lashing out and blaming of others for one's problems, and what better scapegoat or enemy than the guys who wiped out your race? I would say most people in the fleet were not ever really comfortable with Cylons working at all with Galactica to begin with, hence the multiple conflicts with Athena and others even into this season, but they mostly remained willing to go along with it because Earth took precedence, and now that that hope is gone to them there is no longer a willingness to tolerate the Cylons.

Lastly, I don't know about anyone else, but I found myself chuckling a quite a few times in this episode, Adama's "Some days I really hate this job" line for one. I'd say the first episode was way more depressing than this one, I mean, nobody shot themselves in the head this time.
              "Did you really expect some utopian fantasy to rise from the ashes?" - Tom Zarek

Comment

It wasn't a bad episode because I expected it to be a bit of a slow go'er... even though I would rather have it differently

it makes sense that many people can't stand the cylons and would rebel against any citizenship for them

it's easy to forget that the ordinary people in the fleet had actual lives that were destroyed by the cylon holocaust and that they have been constantly running and fearing for their lives in the past 4 years. they aren't going to be easily swayed by the top brass claiming "but these cylons are the good guys"

I can especially understand the hostility towards allowing cylon technology on their ships since this was exactly what lead to the speedy collapse of the 12 colonies and what almost got galactica offed a couple years later

it also makes sense that Zarek would be against a cylon alliance; on real life earth he would be the perennial communist that fights for the poor against the establishment, he will see every decision of roslyn and adama as a means to consolidate their power regardless of their actual intention

the decision of the quorum is also plausible, it was actually rather balanced since they didn't flat out block adama's plans, just gave individual fleet captains the authority to follow their own conscience
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                  This episodes one of the things that I don't like about Galactica. It's too slow and dull, and even on top of that, the people in the fleet, and the viewers just can't get a break from the constant depressing moments one after another.
                  Heh, to the average Stargate fan any piece of film that doesn't feature something blowing up every 5 minutes is dull. The mature among us, however, will be enjoying the characters and dialogue. ('Dialogue' is when people are talking. It is entertaining when you get older, or at least grow out of getting highs off of sweeping military victories facilitated by arbitrary science fiction mechanics.)

Comment

This episode was bad, boring and a huge disappointment to me.

1. D'Anna was written out so stupidly. She would never left her Cylon friends behind...

2. We couldn't see how Tigh explained Ellen was a Cylon...

3. We couldn't see what was the pregnant Six's opinion about Tigh...

4. The whole Plan, the Operahouse was forgotten...

The only good scenes were:

1. When Adama gave order to arrest Zarek.

2. The Starbuck-Gaeta conversation.

So, I can give only 3/10 point.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by daniel9 View Post
                      we'll seee since
                      Spoiler:
                      ellen returns in the next ep as does head six
                      Spoiler:
                      She returns in actual physical form or in a dream?
                      sigpic
                      Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        People aren't that stupid
                        uhh, yeah they are actually. Especially people in governments

Comment

Disappointing and depressing episode.

The series has gone dark again like they did during the season 2 to 3 transition.

More political shenanigans and no answers to any questions provided whatsoever.

At least no major new questions were raised.
                          sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Bald president and adama in bed = nightmares for me for a week. I shouldn't have watched this ep!

Comment

The interesting thing about the episode was that I understood both sides. It is the dilemma from a very early point on.

Gaeta: He just imploded in the nastiest way. The fact that he lost his leg and also his "adventure" in the webisode "Face of the Enemy" PLUS the fact that Earth is a radiation wasteland was just too much . Still I have trouble sympathizing with him or Zarek. So yeah the Cylons distroyed their planets and they wouldn't be in the position they are in now if the Cylons hadn't attacked and killed almost all the colonists.

still

Position Adamas, Kara and company: Because there are only a handfull of people left it makes no sense at all in starting a war and kill even more of the precious few that live. The Cylons that allied themselves with the humans gave up their capabilities to resurrect. The other half is just sick and tired of fighting and want to find a new home and start over with better premisses. Is that so hard to understand?

Because of that I am siding with the Pro-Cylon group. Time to bury the hatchet and move forward.

The story around the chief and his son. That was unexpected but I am sure it has the purpose of severing the last bond the chief has to humanity. He has no ties left with the humans. Tigh is exepecting a baby with Caprica Six, Tory already switched sides while she was still on Galactica. No clue about Anders.
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I didn't like this episode as the previous one, but it was still great...but not that great

and Tigh, Caprica Six and doc Cottle were sooo funny and their scene was absolutely amazing. One of the funniest in the whole series
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X