• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    sooooo

Nick isn't chief's son
    gaeta is a dweeb
    zarek is gonna rebel
    mom and dad are shagging (guess he wanted her to look 'flushed' again)
    tigh and Six are oddly creepy during the sonogram scene
    that nurse is gonna join the rebellion, she was about to blow in the beginning

and my prediction....Roslyn isn't the 'dying leader', it's Adama

Next eps, all out civil war....will it last for 1 or 2 episodes before Cavil shows up and 'enemy of my enemy' is hte order of the day?
    Sounds about right.

A couple of hints were definitely dropped that Adama may not be in the best of health. These days, there must always be a twist. It seems that the creative powers behind movies, television, and books aren't content just to let some things be what they are. I blame M. Night Shyamalan. Let Roslin be the dying leader and die, fer chrissakes.

Gaeta . . . can't stand the guy. Why is this whiny little dork still living when so many other more likable characters are worm food?

I believe you're right about the rebels being forced to unite in the face of the "evil" cylon threat.

Comment

So after last week's amazing episode we get this. Typical BSG and I was afraid it was going to happen, but not right after the mid-season premiere.

This episode was very slow. I was very disappointed with this episode. After last week's episode high, I just yawned at this one and said, um ok. I think the whole Baltar thing was pretty pointless. It felt more like a soap opera, like who is the real father of said baby or who is still screwing around with who. I really was not impressed with this episode at all. It started to build up with Zarek, but then the next scene it was over and he was in the jail cell talking to Adama. I was expecting something to go down.

Oh well this episode was a build up for next episode which looks excellent. This ep I gave a 7/10 and that was being nice because I do love this show a lot.

On a postive note. Adama and Rosyln got it on! *Boing Chicka ,Boing Chicka*
      sigpic

Comment

gaeta didn't used to be such an idiot. but his leg and i think what happened during the face of hte enemy webbies changed him

the dude is cracked basically. he's having a nervous breakdown and ptsd about his injuries

he's just clinging to hte rebellion and it making everything all better, and it won't. he also has a deep seated hate on to the cylons for losing his leg
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, it was a pretty good episode. But I'm not sure about the direction that the show is going. I had always hoped that the Cylons would be met with a bit of decency. I mean yes, they killed 50 billion Colonials and wouldn't just join the fleet without any tension. But these 'people' gave up resurrection. They are just as human as the Colonials. The Colonials committed just as many atrocities on the Cylons (no, they didn't annihilate 50 billion people, but they have killed at least hundreds of thousands by now, even after the Cylons offered a truce). They want to be part of the fleet. Yes, partly for selfish reasons, but they also strike me as being genuine. They offer their technology to the Colonials as a gesture of good faith, and the Quorum of Twelve are too near-sighted and ignorant to even consider it.

Gaeta doesn't exactly strike me as the revolutionary type. I mean sure he aided the insurgency against the Cylons on New Caprica, but now to turn on the Adama's and Cylons? From the snippet that we saw of next week's episode, it looks like Gaeta takes the revolution far beyond what Zarek is willing to do, which again paints Zarek in a favourable light.

I did like the part with all of the politicians, showing their lack of free-thought, courage and competence. Instead of tripling Colonial jump abilities, they support the man who temporarily takes all of the tylium from the fleet?

Zarek is a good character. He has always struck me as the perfect representation of someone who you don't want to see succeed, yet can never hate either. While morally ambiguous, his decisions are never really wrong. They just contradict the Adama-Roslin mindset; a mindset that failed thus far and is now in shambles).

Anyway, it was a good episode and I did enjoy it. While I wish the show had followed a different path, it's still a good watch that I'm finding interesting and original. I just hope that Cylons and Colonials actually make amends, and that Gaeta gets his other leg blown off for being such an annoyance.

Still though, I'm iffy about Gaeta being the man to lead the revolution. It does seem quite plausible given the characters' history. I mean Anders shot his leg off, and a panel that consisted mostly of Cylons almost airlocked him for being a 'collaborator', but still. And I guess he was the secretary for Baltar's Presidency too... Okay fine, he has the right stuff. It still just doesn't feel right to me.

And I loved Baltar's speech about the Gods. That was awesome.

And can't forget Roslin. Poor lady, giving up on dioxin and her medications. I think that we'll be seeing her death soon. It's nice to see that Adama was spending time with her and understanding her condition and sympathizing.

I'm not sure that I see Adama being the dying leader. His morale has taken a hit ever since Tigh was outed as a Cylon, and he is popping pills, but still. Roslin is clearly the dying one, she has cancer and has stopped her treatments. If that doesn't make her the dying leader, then that's ridiculous.

That last shot was kind of creepy, the a naked Adama and bald Roslin.
          Last edited by Finger13; 23 January 2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

baltar's situation is a set up for later eps. because i'm willing to bet his religious group will play a major role in the rebellion. and it was nice to see james callis with short hair, FINALLY.

the nicky issue had to be addressed because it was a bit of a plot hole for hera to be praised as the only human/cylon hybrid when they thought that nicky was...and now we know why, he's not a hybrid
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sooooo

and my prediction....Roslyn isn't the 'dying leader', it's Adama
              Agreed!

Comment

Interesting Episode, nice to see that Nikki isn't a cylon, makes for an interesting twist. Although, I am confused about why Calley was going to airlock her son if she knew he wasn't a cylon.

I also liked how Adama and Tigh have reconciled a bit, though the Chief's resignation of being a cylon and fully allying with them is a little... disappointing.

Speaking of an alliance, I am totally for the cylon/human alliance, and can't wait to see what happens next week.

My favorite scene, next to the one where Six and Tigh are in the ER, is where The Chief forces fatherhood on the one who should have been responcible for the kid in the first place. I've lost alot of respect for calley, she must have been cheating during her and the chief's relationship, or right before, which makes me dislike her even more so with her wanting to abort the child. The human race is small enough as it is, I'm glad the baby has a father that doesn't have to worry about being a cylon and that Hot Dog is in his right place.

Spoiler:
                Looking forward to next weeks episode as well, I'll be rooting for Adama in that one. It's nice to see him and Tigh fully reconciled when he says, "it has been an honor to serve with you."
                Ani Ohev Eretz Yisrael V'Chol Hakavod L'Tzahal.
                -----------------------------------------------
                I support Israel, my home, and my Jewish bretheren fully and with all my heart. I wish everyone I know in Tzahal health and safety!

Is loving the best addition to the Stargate Saga, known as Universe!

Comment

The whole Gaeta and Starbuck fight was so cliche'. I mean you saw it coming a mile away and she even threw in a heartless crack about his leg. Didn't see that coming. I just felt half the episode was pointless.
                  sigpic

Comment

Gaeta . . . can't stand the guy. Why is this whiny little dork still living when so many other more likable characters are worm food?
                    He's the functionary, hard-working, dutiful office-worker.. He's a company boy - but really, much more troubled - like company boys actually are at times, beneath the surface.

What's come out of the recent string is that Gaeta is gay - and the comments here about him being a whiny so-and-so may reflect a bias there.

Or, he's just not a marine, a Helo, ready to punch his way out. It reminds me a bit of "Metamorphasis" - he's a bit of a Gregor Samsa - he's turning into a cockroach. He's been made to be an accidental turn-coat - trying to save his people on New Caprica, he's handing lists to the Cylons.

Is it true? Was he intending to kill those people? More writer's tricks. More soapy stuff.

The reality is, Gaeta is 95% of the human race - just trying to survive, do enough to serve the cause, and sometimes rise above. He's been the faithful 'jump' guy for a number of years... he got his leg blown off, oy vay. And now he's getting a little action - BSG taking the first chance it's done with a homosexual character - just the little good-bye kiss in the webisodes... And now, he's just so much chopped liver.

Comment

baltar's situation is a set up for later eps. because i'm willing to bet his religious group will play a major role in the rebellion. and it was nice to see james callis with short hair, FINALLY.

the nicky issue had to be addressed because it was a bit of a plot hole for hera to be praised as the only human/cylon hybrid when they thought that nicky was...and now we know why, he's not a hybrid
                      Yeah but Hera being a hybrid seemed to escape the minds of both the cylons and humans. no one tried to steal her back or really make a big deal like they did in Season 3. They just let her and Helo have their baby back. It was almost like Hera has been forgotten except for the visions of the opera house.
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, I just hate the fact that the series is ending as I think that the whole we found Earth and its not what we thought it was and the final showdown of the Cylon civil war is still to come with what other revelations to be had still to come could easily fill out a very nice full final season.

I must say though that I have the suspicion that there's going to be a major revelation about the whole 13th tribe and the part that the Final Five play in destiny that I think will blow Cavil out of the water leaving him stupified. Possibly even turn the other Cylon models in his camp against his model.
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                          Well, I just hate the fact that the series is ending as I think that the whole we found Earth and its not what we thought it was and the final showdown of the Cylon civil war is still to come with what other revelations to be had still to come.

I must say though that I have the suspicion that there's going to be a major revelation about the whole 13th tribe and the part that the Final Five play in destiny that I think will blow Cavil out of the water leaving him stupified. Possibly even turn the other Cylon models in his camp against his model.
                          It's going to come to a head, but several eps like this one, are going to drag. This is what happens with a serial show. I am sure some will be epic, but others will drag.
                          sigpic

Comment

why Calley was going to airlock her son if she knew he wasn't a cylon.
                            Right - she wouldn't have. And that was a remarkable and troubling scenario - the woman Cylon Tory, with inhuman strength, battering the mother, and dispensing her, into space. Wouldn't have happened, if the child hadn't been a mixed breed.

It's disappointing that the writers don't have the courage to throw over a few of their show bible promises to go with the show as it grew organically. I hate the force-fits at the end. Rather see the growth that occurred as a result of cast and crew and time and life going by, than squeezing everything into a pre-determined shape at the end...

Comment

I actually didn't mind this episode. Yeah, it was mainly to set things up for episodes still to come. It wasn't action-packed. But it was still entertaining to me. I can't believe we only have 8 left.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                It's going to come to a head, but several eps like this one, are going to drag. This is what happens with a serial show. I am sure some will be epic, but others will drag.
                                Its a filler episode. Basically, an episode where assorted loose ends not easily placed into others can be dumped. Case in point Adama and Rosalin finally doing the horizontal tango and revelation that Tyrol's son its his.
                                The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Working...
                                X