This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Terok
    A quality episode, can't wait for next week.
    yep have to agree another great episode, I'm so into this at the moment.
    Although I can't believe we have to wait till next week to find out what happens to Starbuck.

I think the casting of Commander Adama is perfect, Edward James Olmos just seem to have the role down naturally.
    Edward James Olmos has just been perfect from the beginning. he plays that character at so many levels it's just wonderful to watch.

Oh well at least SG1 and Atlantis can help pass the time until next week.
    Hammond "Colonel, General Chekov thinks that due to our arrangement with the Russian government a russian soldier be assigned to SG1"

O'Neill "Over my rotting corpse Sir" *pauses* "Oh did I say that out loud"

Hammond "I did say that I would discuss it with you and that you would give the matter some careful consideration"

O'Neill "Yes I'm sure I would, but I would still probably say bite me"

Comment

I'm having a hard time even guessing what the Cylon's are planning with Helo on Caprica.
      Maybe he's going to be guest of honour at their tea party?

Another really good episode this week. Katie Sackhoff was brilliant. I especially liked the scenes between Starbuck and Adama. And the scene at the start between Starbuck and Apollo (when they were acting like little kids). I think that gave quite a bit of insight into their current relationship. Very brother/sister like.

Spoiler:

But did the scene at the beginning (with the strap coming undone on that missile and it hitting the floor and killing those pilots) remind anyone else of Dead Like Me? I could practically see the Gravelings sneaking around!
      "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

oh and wasnt Zak Adama played by the same guy who plays Lt. Simmons on SG-1
        i don't think so. in the mini series Zack Adama was played by Clarke Hudson so it makes sense that he would also do him in the series but Lt. Simmons was played by Tobias Mehler

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CultTVGirl
          Maybe he's going to be guest of honour at their tea party?
          Those evil tin cans!

Comment

i don't think so. in the mini series Zack Adama was played by Clarke Hudson so it makes sense that he would also do him in the series but Lt. Simmons was played by Tobias Mehler
            Im sure it was Tobias Mehler but I could be wrong I guess it will give me another reason to watch it
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thedon
              Im sure it was Tobias Mehler but I could be wrong I guess it will give me another reason to watch it
              They were going to use Clarke Hudson for the series, but the producers found another actor to play Zak Adama.

I'm pretty sure it's Tobias Mehler too. I've been wanting to watch this episode just so I can verify if it was. He looks like just the right mix of Adama and Apollo. He has Apollo's sharp features, but Adama's face shape and colouring.

I've thought about it way too much.
              Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 11 November 2004, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Ohh, look I found pictures for comparison.

Clarke Hudson. Mini Series Zak Adama.

If that ain't Tobias Mehler, then it's his doppleganger. The series Zak Adama.

Definately thought about this way too much.
                Last edited by Blue Banrigh; 11 November 2004, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It's Tobias Mehler.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I really wonder what the writers have in store for Helo. And what has happened to all the people in the colonies that were left behind and survived the attacks. Are they dead, in forced labour camps or some other weirder thing?

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                    even if Lloyd Bridges was still alive i doubt he could have done it. if he was alive he would be 94 and i don't think he would have been up to it.
                    personally, i wouldn't mind seeing Micheal Ironside in command of a Battlestar if they did introduce the Pegasus or perhaps even get Anne Lockhart who played Bridges Daughter as the commander of the Pegasus
                    True, maybe he would've been too old. But I have to agree with you that Micheal Ironside would fit perfectly as a tough captain of a battlestar. I hope someone listens to you and makes him a regular guest-star
                    "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

So Episode 5 - YOU CAN'T GO HOME AGAIN just aired I really enjoyed this one and once again both adamas were on top of there game, how nasty was the inside of that cylon raider ewwww

I'm really enjoying this series so far
                      sigpic

Comment

This series is now definately coming into it's own. Has just cruised past S:AAB with this episode and I'm now regretting having stopped recording it for Dad in Romania. This means I'll need to do some major blagging elsewhere but that's not a problem.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I'm currently rooting for this show to take off both here and the US, as it could spawn a revival in the genre after all the false starts and self-combusting series we've had so far this past few seasons e.g. Jake 2.0, Tru Calling, etc.

Good guy, Bad guy.....
                          I'm the one with the gun.

Comment

The latest ep was the best yet. Like Thedon says, both Adamas were top notch. I'm warming to the Colonel too (I might even pay attention to his name next ep ). Loved the squelchy cylon ship.

Madeleine

Comment

I like the new series. The old show was great when I was 8 but doesn't really hold up that well. The,"Hey Mom, my wife, kids, and everyone I have ever known is dead let's gamble" seemed kind of weird to me.
                              But this series they really seem like they are in real trouble. Not enough ships. Running low on supplies. A more realistic aproach.

Comment

Another excellent episode. Some great acting again by the Adama's, seeing their emotions take over in the search and rescue of Starbuck, and putting the entire fleet at risk in the process. Colonel Tigh had a good part to play in the Presidents eventually confrontation with them.

Liked the fact that the Cylon raiders were part living ships, but the inside really did look nasty.

The Helo subplot added little to the episode, and baffled again, presumably the Cylons faked an attack so Boomer could get away and be briefed on their plan or something. I hope they start doing something more interesting with this, and soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X