Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had my doubts before I saw the miniseries as I was and still am a big fan of the original series. But I have to admit I really like the new one!!
    The feeling when they show inside of the BSG is that it really is a ship of war. I really wonder if one of the Boomers is actually the real one and is just brainwashed or something like that and not a cylon. And I hope we will see the Pegasus also in this new version
    "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

Supposedly the Galactica is the only one left. But who knows. I too would like to see the Pegasus return. As well as the Atlantis.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Did anyone see the 3rd Ep Bastille Day? I really enjoyed this one the series is really going from strength to strength now and It was great to see jamie bamber have alot more to do and richard hatch's performance was brilliant.

How did everyone else find it?
        sigpic

Comment

I liked it. Apollo's really growing on me, he's sharp. Which ones are Jamie Barber and Richard Hatch then?

I suspect that the Sharon on the planet knows what she is and is fully aware of her agenda. And I'm starting to wonder if the chief isn't a cylon too - no way could he be daft enough not to be suspicious of Boomer otherwise.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by thedon
            Did anyone see the 3rd Ep Bastille Day?
            I really enjoyed it. Old Apollo vs New Apollo! Yum!

Nice to see Richard Hatch again - he was very good. And I'm glad Jamie Bamber finally got a chance to toughen Apollo up a little bit.
            "Never give up! Never surrender!" - Galaxy Quest

Comment

Which ones are Jamie Barber and Richard Hatch then?
              Old Apollo/Tom Zerak = Richard Hatch

New Apollo = Jamie Bamber
              sigpic

Comment

Yay a new episode!!
                *click* *click*
                *waits*
                *waits some more* x 100

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                Supposedly the Galactica is the only one left. But who knows. I too would like to see the Pegasus return. As well as the Atlantis.
                I would so like to see Atlantis!! It would be so cool if they would actually see it...hmmm... did they see Atlantis in the original series or was it just the movie concept?
                "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

The Atlantis was a movie concept. But it too supposedly survived the initial attack.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

yeah, that's what I thought. Uuuh, now I'm getting my hopes up as it would be so cool to have Galactica, Pegasus AND Atlantis take the Cylons head to head!!
                    Too bad Lloyd Bridges isn't with us anymore as he would have been perfect to play a part of a former commander of a battlestar.

Comment

You know I only realised today that Grace Park who plays Boomer also played Satterfield in SG-1's Proving Ground.

Took my brain a while to tick over heh...
                      sigpic

Comment

The latest episode was reasonable, was good to see Richard Hatch involved in the new series. Though the plot seemed a bit forced, you're running out of water for a fleet of 50,000 people yet the prisoners on that ship are the people you need to turn to, surely you'd have people volunteering to do the work from all across the fleet cos' if they don't their goner die!

Comment

Originally posted by Terok
                          The latest episode was reasonable, was good to see Richard Hatch involved in the new series. Though the plot seemed a bit forced, you're running out of water for a fleet of 50,000 people yet the prisoners on that ship are the people you need to turn to, surely you'd have people volunteering to do the work from all across the fleet cos' if they don't their goner die!
                          well that isn't strange. they also had to rely on prisoners in the 2 part episode the Gun on Ice Planet Zero in the original BSG. relying on the prisoners for survivial could be the new series doing something the original did but in a new way. i wouldn't be surprised if more of the old series gets done in a new way.

the next episode seems to also be copying something the original did PLOT SPOILER FOR NEXT EP -> next week new Viper pilots need to be trained after 20 die in an accident. in the original it was because the male pilots were sick but it still seems they are taking from the original and adding a new twist to it.

Originally posted by ArcLight
                          Too bad Lloyd Bridges isn't with us anymore as he would have been perfect to play a part of a former commander of a battlestar.
                          even if Lloyd Bridges was still alive i doubt he could have done it. if he was alive he would be 94 and i don't think he would have been up to it. if he did come back, his character wouldn't have been right at command of a battlestar, he'd either be a high ranking official, retired or have died

personally, i wouldn't mind seeing Micheal Ironside in command of a Battlestar if they did introduce the Pegasus or perhaps even get Anne Lockhart who played Bridges Daughter as the commander of the Pegasus
                          Last edited by SaberBlade; 03 November 2004, 06:45 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                            the next episode seems to also be copying something the original did PLOT SPOILER FOR NEXT EP -> next week new Viper pilots need to be trained after 20 die in an accident. in the original it was because the male pilots were sick but it still seems they are taking from the original and adding a new twist to it.

personally, i wouldn't mind seeing Micheal Ironside in command of a Battlestar if they did introduce the Pegasus or perhaps even get Anne Lockhart who played Bridges Daughter as the commander of the Pegasus
                            I can see why they'd have the pilots die, it's a much darker show than the original.

As for Pegasus, I'd love to see Adam Baldwin be in it somehow...
                            A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Ok so how did everyone find Episode 4 Act of Contrition I quite enjoyed it - a good ep for starbuck and i'm looking forward to how it pans out next week, oh and wasnt Zak Adama played by the same guy who plays Lt. Simmons on SG-1
                              sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it, and it built on Starbuck's background and what happened with Zak. I must say the scene of the show was when Starbuck confessed to Commander Adama, brilliant acting on both parts and very emotional to watch. "Leave while you still can"!!! wow. Hard to see how they'll get over that, and I wouldn't want to be Lee Adama either.

I think the casting of Commander Adama is perfect, Edward James Olmos just seem to have the role down naturally.

I'm having a hard time even guessing what the Cylon's are planning with Helo on Caprica.

A quality episode, can't wait for next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X