Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
    Got Season 3 now, this is one of the few science fiction shows I've seen where the quality increases after every season I've seen.

Edit: a scene from the episode "A Day in the Strife" I found was quite chilling, when Londo was talking with a Narn

Londo: Would it be safe for someone like me to visit your world?

Narn: Quite safe, ambassador

Londo: The Streets are kept clear of troublemakers?

Narn:....The surviving streets are quite empty, ambassador
    Oh, the quiet undertone of hate in that last sarcastic line was really something, wasn't it? I just love the writing in this show.

Also, Captain Sheridan is finally coming into his own- in Interludes and Examinations
    Spoiler:
    There's no one else who could have challenged Kosh like that. Even Sinclair was too deferential to get up in his "face" (LOL!) like that. That's when I knew there was something more to him than just being a hotshot flyboy. Of course, earlier episodes showed that, too, like Point of No Return. But it takes a different kind of authority to stand up to a Vorlon than it does against against an enemy you know, even if it's all of Earthforce.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Oh, the quiet undertone of hate in that last sarcastic line was really something, wasn't it? I just love the writing in this show.

Also, Captain Sheridan is finally coming into his own- in Interludes and Examinations
      Spoiler:
      There's no one else who could have challenged Kosh like that. Even Sinclair was too deferential to get up in his "face" (LOL!) like that. That's when I knew there was something more to him than just being a hotshot flyboy. Of course, earlier episodes showed that, too, like Point of No Return. But it takes a different kind of authority to stand up to a Vorlon than it does against against an enemy you know, even if it's all of Earthforce.
      VSS, you hit it right on the nose.
      Spoiler:
      Sheridan's gumption in standing up to a Vorlon is exactly what is necessary for what is coming later, as you'll see.
      sigpic

Comment

The command staff walking in with those uniforms... *faint*

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
          VSS, you hit it right on the nose.
          Spoiler:
          Sheridan's gumption in standing up to a Vorlon is exactly what is necessary for what is coming later, as you'll see.
          Spoiler:
          Oh, my, YES! At first I thought it was when he saved Delenn from the anti-Kosh and the fighting Vorlon "vapors" blew through the top of B5 (very cool scene, BTW). But, I just finished Epiphanies in S4 and I can see it was a case of "Take this war and shove it."

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          That was a pretty cool moment, indeed.

Season 4
          Spoiler:
          Now that I'm to where the Shadow War is pretty much wrapped up, I'm anxious to see what happens with Earth. It seems like everything was put on hold in that regard, but clearly, that's still a Major Problem. Also, will things end differently now than in Sheridan's flash-forward because he went to Z'ha-dum? Was Delenn telling him not to go because of the aging effect of his "resurrection" or because he didn't go the first time around and ended up (presumably) dying on a destroyed Centauri with Delenn?

Can I say I totally LOVE these flash-forward moments that the crew have experienced? They managed to do time travel without hitting the big reset button every time, which has been my beef with Stargate. The outcome is still up in the air with some of these things. So far, some have happened and some have not. I'm sure I need to sit down and try to think of why that is.

And Londo! LOONNNDOOOO! What's going to happen to YOU, Sir?

Comment

And deep, philosophical questions aside, I do hope there are some more scenes of a shirtless Garibaldi.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
              Spoiler:
              The first time the Army of Light uniforms were unveiled, I remember saying aloud, "Oh yeah!" It's a wonderful irony that the Army of Light leaders are all clad in black. It gives them all a renegade feel, which is pretty close to the truth considering they broke away from Earth.

Spoiler:
              Oh, my, YES! At first I thought it was when he saved Delenn from the anti-Kosh and the fighting Vorlon "vapors" blew through the top of B5 (very cool scene, BTW). But, I just finished Epiphanies in S4 and I can see it was a case of "Take this war and shove it."

That was a pretty cool moment, indeed.

Season 4
              Spoiler:
              Now that I'm to where the Shadow War is pretty much wrapped up, I'm anxious to see what happens with Earth. It seems like everything was put on hold in that regard, but clearly, that's still a Major Problem. Also, will things end differently now than in Sheridan's flash-forward because he went to Z'ha-dum? Was Delenn telling him not to go because of the aging effect of his "resurrection" or because he didn't go the first time around and ended up (presumably) dying on a destroyed Centauri with Delenn?

Can I say I totally LOVE these flash-forward moments that the crew have experienced? They managed to do time travel without hitting the big reset button every time, which has been my beef with Stargate. The outcome is still up in the air with some of these things. So far, some have happened and some have not. I'm sure I need to sit down and try to think of why that is.

And Londo! LOONNNDOOOO! What's going to happen to YOU, Sir?
              Spoiler:
              Eliminating Ulkesh (aka Kosh II) was one of the big unexpected moments of the series for me. I never once thought that the B5 crew would go up against a Vorlon, but that's exactly what happened. Up until that point, I kept thinking that the Shadows were going to be the show's primary adversary. Then, with the Vorlons going off the deep end with their order & obedience mindset, it felt a little out of character to me at first before I stopped to consider that the Vorlons were as ruthless as the Shadows.

As for the unfinished business with Earth, I will only quote something that Sheridan himself said: "Wars of independence are often followed by civil wars."

And deep, philosophical questions aside, I do hope there are some more scenes of a shirtless Garibaldi.
              If that's the kind of eye candy that you want, then be assured that you shall receive.
              sigpic

Comment

LOL Ivanova's hilarious. She lectures them that Ivanova is god and people should listen to Invanova. Really good episodes in the first season so far. Don't like the petty Earth politics though. Ridiculous, the commander seems like the only wise leader and Londo sometimes, weirdly.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                  LOL Ivanova's hilarious. She lectures them that Ivanova is god and people should listen to Invanova. Really good episodes in the first season so far. Don't like the petty Earth politics though. Ridiculous, the commander seems like the only wise leader and Londo sometimes, weirdly.
                  I think Londo has learned the hard way. His wisdom comes from making mistakes, but sadly, he's not through with that. He's become one of my favorite characters, I think he's very well -written and complex. I wish they'd spend more time on Ivanova, though. But really, all the main characters are done so well that I do understand where they're coming from, which is not to say they can't surprise me! But their surprises make sense, they're not just a series of random actions tossed out to add suspense.

Was this show written by just one person? It sure seems like it.

Comment

Urgh. Those were some of my most unfavourite scenes in the show.

Was this show written by just one person? It sure seems like it.
                    Almost. The whole of season three was written by one man, the series creator J. Michael Straczynski. B5 was his show, his precious. He didn't like anyone fraggin' with it.
                    "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Yea, love the complexity of the storytelling here. Just awesome. And great amounts of humor. G'Kar sorta disappeared for the second half of the first season.

Spoiler:
                      Holy crap! The shadow aliens, awesome. Cloaking! I know this is not that fancy having seen Stargate, but it's done in such a compelling, mystical way here. The story telling has a lot of substance, something you can really stick your teeth into.

LOL, Ivanova falls asleep and Garibaldi tricks her after Sinclair puts her to sleep. Hilarious. She's such a spunky awesome character and Garibaldi and Sinclair and Londo. All of em. Just awesome likeable characters.

Wow, cocoon. And time travel and B4. And Londo and his unsuspecting acceptance of the dark alien person's help. Wonder what uh the cocoon lady was going to say. Sorry forget her name, haven't really seen her much.

It seems to be getting dark, the story telling. I hope the humor doesn't go away but Cold Fuzz tells me there will still be a good Londo/G'Kar episode so sweet.
                      Last edited by jmoz; 16 May 2010, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Bleh, they got rid of Sinclair and put in new ridiculously good looking guy. Eh will see what comes of it. I liked Sinclair.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Bleh, they got rid of Sinclair and put in new ridiculously good looking guy. Eh will see what comes of it. I liked Sinclair.
                          It's been pointed out by the producers and the cast members themselves that Captain Sheridan...

Spoiler:
                          ...smiles way too much. Before long, you'll see that smile wiped off his face under the weight of the staggering events of what's coming.

Btw, you'll see more G'Kar/Londo moments in season 2, though they're mostly serious and dramatic.
                          sigpic

Comment

Does Sinclair ever make an appearance again?

Comment

Does Sinclair ever make an appearance again?
                              He appears again in a two parter in season three and his flashbacks of the war were used in the movie "In The Beginning" which was produced after season four ended.

The two parter is definitely ones not to be missed, simply fantastic character development. Wonderful episodes too.

sigpic

Comment

Revelations, second season
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't get it, how could Londo become so callous suddenly? I don't like why the others aren't pooling their intelligence to combat this awesomely, well done, and captivating bad guys. But I guess, this is foreplay. Weird that G'Kar is the one with level head! I would have put my money on Londo over him. The humor's becoming less and less, but enjoying the story regardless.

Comment

Working...
                                X