Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suse View Post
    I still get chills when I even read the prologues/epilogues for B5.

S3 is epic. Soooo strong. Love it.
    My favorite opening sequences would probably be a tie for season 3 and season 5. The first time I saw season 3, especially with Ivanova's opening monologue, it was one of the darkest and most powerful openings to a TV show I'd ever seen. Season 5 is almost the flip side to it--ultimate triumph.
    sigpic

Comment

I hadn't checked in a while, but today I realised that I had gained an overwhelming amount of green from this thread, so thank you all!

Comment

more green
        sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Take some yourself!

I've started Season 3, approx 6-7 episodes in and loving it. Will post a review-like update shortly!

Comment

thanks!
            season 3!
            oh boy, you are in for some good watching!
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Fun show to watch. I watched Season 1 - Season 4 and then watched about 4 episodes of Season 5 and then lost access to the show, have never finished the series (hmmm)...someday I will!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                Take some yourself!

I've started Season 3, approx 6-7 episodes in and loving it. Will post a review-like update shortly!
                The first few episodes of season 3 are an interesting bunch. They're the proverbial calm before the storm--and it's a big honkin' storm that's coming.

Spoiler:
                Voices of Authority & Dust to Dust set in motion a number of threads that start to develop in season 3 and will eventually come to fruition in later seasons. G'Kar's epiphany may not seem like a big plot development right now but near the end of the series, when you look back at his character, it's actually a massive turning point for him and the Narns. Voices of Authority stirs up a big hornet's nest with President Clark, and the end of Clark's storyline hearken's to Ivanova's monologue at the end of season 2: "And there was another war brewing closer to home. A personal one whose cost would be higher than any of us could imagine."

Of the upcoming episodes, there are three that are crucial: Messages from Earth, Point of No Return, and Severed Dreams. The three of them constitute the largest turning point of the B5 storyline thus far.

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                Fun show to watch. I watched Season 1 - Season 4 and then watched about 4 episodes of Season 5 and then lost access to the show, have never finished the series (hmmm)...someday I will!
                You've never finished the series? Season 5 is a very different feel than 1-4 as you probably started to glimpse. The final episodes of the series are really moving.
                sigpic

Comment

This is great! I've got a little catching up to do, but I am really loving this show. Never saw it before. I'm not a big fan of aliens in general, but I've forgotten about them as aliens. THe characters are immensely complex, as are the story lines. I truly know NOTHING about where this is headed.

Favorite quote so far, (I think from season 1): Ambassador Kosh: "The avalanche has already started- it is too late for the pebbles to vote." Love that!

I'm about halfway through season 2, and I really miss Sinclair. Sheridan seems like a Ken doll in comparison- does this get better? I assume that it does. I understand why Sheridan is there, but it also seems as if his mere presence is going to be one of the loose pebbles that starts the avalanche. It's masterful how they've subtly shown little bits here and there that are contributing to the coming disaster and the interlacing ramifications of each decision- Delenn becoming more human-like, Londo's wish for the good old days, Sheridan's arrival.

I just finished Gropos, and I was getting teary-eyed. Like Believers, it dealt with a topic that really doesn't need a sci-fi backdrop to be explored, but they did it at least as well as an ordinary drama might.
                  Last edited by VSS; 05 May 2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Hey, I'm watching There All the Honor Lies and there's something that really sparked my curiosity.

When Sheridan is down in that crawlspace area, is that Puer natus est nobis that they're singing? I recognized it right away because I have the CD Chant by the Benedictine Monks of Santo Domingo de Silos. I also know that a member of Tangerine Dream was responsible for some of the soundtrack for Babylon 5 and they have a version of Puer natus est nobis on YouTube.

The chant is from the Latin Mass for Christmas, and the literal translation is "A child is born to us." So- does that have any meaning or is it just there because it sounds cool?

Please don't give me any specifics! I don't want to be spoiled.

Comment

I'm a first time watcher of Babylon 5 aswell, and I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD. absolutely loving it, the last 10 minutes of "The Long, Twilight Struggle" were so powerful, especially G'Kars small speech. It is interesting to watch Londo get stuck in a situation he started and has no more control over, and it's all spiralling out of control.
                      You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota Bob View Post
                        I'm a first time watcher of Babylon 5 aswell, and I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD. absolutely loving it, the last 10 minutes of "The Long, Twilight Struggle" were so powerful, especially G'Kars small speech. It is interesting to watch Londo get stuck in a situation he started and has no more control over, and it's all spiralling out of control.
                        Yeah, Londo wanted to take his people back to their rightful place in the galaxy and boy he sure got what he wanted. When I saw him looking on in horror at what he had unleashed, I hated and felt sorry for him at the same time.
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                          If you live in the US, you can see season 5 of B5 here. This site has all the B5 episodes, but the link goes directly to season 5.
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

"By any means necessary"
                            Spoiler:
                            This was a hilarious episode to me. When G'Kar finds out that Londo has that flower, Londo doing that laugh in the elevator was hilarious. And all the workers coughing pretending to be sick was hilarious. It was a good funny episode.

"Signs and Portents"
                            Spoiler:
                            Dang, that was a spooky mysterious episode. Wish we got to see what the Shadow alien looked like. And when Kosh encounters him, so awesome and mysterious. Can't wait to see what comes of that. When the Shadow alien ship destroys the Raiders, I was astounded.

Comment

"Signs and Portents"
                              Spoiler:
                              Dang, that was a spooky mysterious episode. Wish we got to see what the Shadow alien looked like. And when Kosh encounters him, so awesome and mysterious. Can't wait to see what comes of that. When the Shadow alien ship destroys the Raiders, I was astounded.
                              [/QUOTE]

Ah, the journey begins.

Spoiler:
                              My friend, you're at the beginning of a wonderful and harrowing journey. Without giving too much away, you'll be seeing who and what the Shadows are...and why they must be stopped. As the Darkness deepens, you'll find the Light rising up to meet the challenge. From here on in, B5 starts to get more and more interesting. Some of the following episodes may seem unimportant, but they set in motion characters and arcs that will take startling turns in future episodes.
                              sigpic

Comment

I know season one has been said to be slow, but I'm seeing the intriguing set up and I don't know, I like what I've been seeing so far. And heard the seasons after get better so can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X