No announcement yet.

Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh good. The intrigue and setup have big-time payoffs. By the time you get into the beginning of season 2, you'll be totally hooked. I was quite the Babylonian when the show was on the air in the 90s.
    sigpic

Comment

I was a little kid chasing girls with mud in my hand saying it was poop back then.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
        I was a little kid chasing girls with mud in my hand saying it was poop back then.
        OMG. You're a young'un.
        sigpic

Comment

Grrr, don't make me get some mud out!

Comment

Grrr, don't make me get some mud out!
            Now, now little one, I'm supposed to be the one with the temper around here.

Seriously though, at 33 I'm probably not that much older than you are.
            sigpic

Comment

Lower twenties but doesn't really matter does it? Although now I think you'll treat me differently and might occasionally pull the respect your elders crap? Nah, I hope not or I might emo out on you, lol.

Comment

Lower twenties but doesn't really matter does it? Although now I think you'll treat me differently and might occasionally pull the respect your elders crap? Nah, I hope not or I might emo out on you, lol.
                You don't strike me as the emo type. I don't pull the respect your elders thing very often on people, though I've already encountered someone younger than you who needs to be whipped into shape: Someone who has no current employment and is essentially an overweight slacker who doesn't want to go to college and yet somehow thinks he knows more about life than most people despite the fact that he's had virtually zero job and life experience. Typical typical teenage stubbornness despite the fact he thinks he's somehow more mature than a teenager. I think even you could pull the respect your elders thing on him--and should. Hell he wasn't even in 1st grade when B5 was on the air.
                Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 10 May 2010, 11:48 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

LOL, you were almost dictating my life story minus the overweight, life and job experience, and college part.

Clears throat, to get back on topic, yeah, Babylon 5 is awesome and intelligent compelling sci-fi, makes me think rather than have to turn off my brain to enjoy like most tv nowdays. Londo and G'Kar are oh so very immature that it's hilarious.

Comment

LOL, you were almost dictating my life story minus the overweight, life and job experience, and college part.

Clears throat, to get back on topic, yeah, Babylon 5 is awesome and intelligent compelling sci-fi, makes me think rather than have to turn off my brain to enjoy like most tv nowdays. Londo and G'Kar are oh so very immature that it's hilarious.
                    Oh if you think they're immature now...
                    Spoiler:
                    ...there's a season 3 episode called "Convictions" that will have you in stitches. There are also several season 2 and 5 moments that makes you think, "So how long have they been married?"
                    sigpic

Comment

LOL, they should kiss and make up.

Comment

LOL, they should kiss and make up.
                        They do...in a manner of speaking.
                        sigpic

Comment

Rodney returned to the Babylon 5 thread, confuzzled over the discussion taking place above his post. Regardless, he had just watched Messages from Earth and Point of No Return AND Severed Dreams (!!!!!!!!!!) and could not believe how epic it was. Despite it's age, Rodney believed the epic-ness surpassed anything he had experienced in recent Stargate / Star Trek / Doctor Who watchings.

Rodney leaves now, to return one day, with another little update.

IT WAS EPIC! DID I MENTION IT WAS EPIC?! Was it just me seeing things, or had the CGI been insanley ramped up for this episode?
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm also glad Na'Toth isn't being seen now.... the new actress didn't do the character justice at all.
                          Last edited by Rodney_Mckay; 11 May 2010, 04:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                            Rodney returned to the Babylon 5 thread, confuzzled over the discussion taking place above his post. Regardless, he had just watched Messages from Earth and Point of No Return AND Severed Dreams (!!!!!!!!!!) and could not believe how epic it was. Despite it's age, Rodney believed the epic-ness surpassed anything he had experienced in recent Stargate / Star Trek / Doctor Who watchings.

IT WAS EPIC! DID I MENTION IT WAS EPIC?! Was it just me seeing things, or had the CGI been insanley ramped up for this episode?
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm also glad Na'Toth isn't being seen now.... the new actress didn't do the character justice at all.
                            wow! That's really epic!
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post

Spoiler:
                              Rodney, I'm glad you enjoyed the Breakaway Trilogy. It's one of the defining moments of Babylon 5. You have reached the exact halfway point of the series by the way. You're correct that the CGI was really ramped up for Severed Dreams. Without spoiling anything for the rest of the season, I'll say now that you're just getting warmed up! There is ONE more episode near the end of the season that you'll see heavy CGI. You'll know it when you see it. It's my favorite episode of season 3.
                              sigpic

Comment

Got Season 3 now, this is one of the few science fiction shows I've seen where the quality increases after every season I've seen.

Edit: a scene from the episode "A Day in the Strife" I found was quite chilling, when Londo was talking with a Narn

Londo: Would it be safe for someone like me to visit your world?

Narn: Quite safe, ambassador

Londo: The Streets are kept clear of troublemakers?

Narn:....The surviving streets are quite empty, ambassador
                                Last edited by Dakota Bob; 12 May 2010, 09:49 AM.
                                You have wasted several seconds of your life reading this.

Comment

Working...
                                X