Babylon 5 - The Complete First Time Watch (Spoilers) First watch/Rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
    It would be a good idea to watch each single episode of Babylon 5 from here on in order. ....
    yep, this is one of those shows that really needs to be watched in order. Glad you're watching!

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
    "Fourteen words to make someone fall in love with you forever"....
    I love the techno mages!
    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Season 2 - The Coming of Shadows
      It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind... the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5!

"A Spider in the Web"
      "Soul Mates"
      "A Race Through Dark Places"

Too much Talia in a short period here for me here, although I did like seeing Chekov... I mean Walter Koenig agan

Delenn's "odd cramps" = Too much info, Ambassador
      however
      Delenn's dinner date = D'awwww

But now... a more important matter!

S03E09 - "The Coming of Shadows"
      "Hello old friend..."

What an epic episode, leaving me with chills by the time the credits start a-rollin'. Not at all in small part to Sinclair's appearance, I didn't see that coming! Delenn's reaction to it was a treat to see at the end, also.

So, war eh? Can't say I didn't see that coming. But I'm glad it has anyway! What?! And of course, the Shadows continue to intigue, and it was very interesting to see them in full force... well, actually I doubt that. But then, Lando's dream and vision of G'kar strangling him... not a omen of things to come, I hope
      Last edited by Rodney_Mckay; 25 April 2010, 12:33 PM.

Comment

PS. Just realised Bruce is in Chuck! Awesome moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
          It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind… the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5!

"A Spider in the Web"
          "Soul Mates"
          "A Race Through Dark Places"

Too much Talia in a short period here for me here, although I did like seeing Chekov... I mean Walter Koenig agan

Delenn's "odd cramps" = Too much info, Ambassador
          however
          Delenn's dinner date = D'awwww

But now... a more important matter!

S03E09 - "The Coming of Shadows"
          "Hello old friend..."

What an epic episode, leaving me with chills by the time the credits start a-rollin'. Not at all in small part to Sinclair's appearance, I didn't see that coming! Delenn's reaction to it was a treat to see at the end, also.

So, war eh? Can't say I didn't see that coming. But I'm glad it has anyway! What?! And of course, the Shadows continue to intigue, and it was very interesting to see them in full force... well, actually I doubt that. But then, Lando's dream and vision of G'kar strangling him... not a omen of things to come, I hope
          Without giving anything really big away, 3 Shadow warships shredding the Narns at Quadrant 14 is only a small, small fraction of their true power. But even a pack of very determined wolves can bring down the strongest bear.

Here's something else to consider with this episode: You saw that Ranger that Sinclair sent to Garibaldi. You'll see more of them though they're not at all in the most prominent or noticeable places during the 2nd season.
          sigpic

Comment

It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind... the year the Great War came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259. The name of the place is Babylon 5!

In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum
            "Come captain. The greatest nightmare of our time is waiting for you!"

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!
            Sorry, just had to get that out of my system after watching this episode today. That wasn't a step forward, it wasn't a leap forward, it was a ZPM Powered Stargate jump forward! Sheridan, Kosh, Delenn's lore speech, Morden, the Shadows... I couldn't have asked for more! I did like the part about World War II, it was very fitting for the scene.

Now I'm more hyped than ever to press on!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post

In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum
              "Come captain. The greatest nightmare of our time is waiting for you!"

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!
              Sorry, just had to get that out of my system after watching this episode today. That wasn't a step forward, it wasn't a leap forward, it was a ZPM Powered Stargate jump forward! Sheridan, Kosh, Delenn's lore speech, Morden, the Shadows... I couldn't have asked for more! I did like the part about World War II, it was very fitting for the scene.

Now I'm more hyped than ever to press on!
              Spoiler:
              "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" was one of my favorite episodes of season 2. I think I must have watched that episode 6-7 times when it first aired back in 1994. Delenn's exposition of the Shadows was absolutely mind-blowing to watch as we finally saw pieces falling into place.

There will be more such episodes coming. "The Long, Twilight Struggle" is another such episode, and is arguably in more spectacular fashion than either "The Coming of Shadows" and "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum." So many plot threads intersect there.
              Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 27 April 2010, 09:49 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm doing a first watch too, though not lately, been busy. I wanna read this thread but afraid to because I might accidentally read spoilers so maybe write the episode, then put what you wanna say about it in spoilers?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                  I'm doing a first watch too, though not lately, been busy. I wanna read this thread but afraid to because I might accidentally read spoilers so maybe write the episode, then put what you wanna say about it in spoilers?
                  Ask and ye shall receive.
                  sigpic

Comment

"Mind Power"
                    Spoiler:
                    Wow, ascension, so SG got it from them. Where did Babylong 5 get it from? It was a great episode. Can tell it'll have long reaching consequences. Do we see the guy again? Or just his gift that he gave to the psi-girl, forget her name.

Comment

S02E20 - "Divided Loyalties"
                      Compressed Summary: It was great to a certain someone again, I was wondering if anyone from that period would be back! It was an interesting story with a somewhat surprising, yet not so surprising climax!

Spoilerific Review - NEW SECTION!:
                      Spoiler:
                      ...and that person is Lyta Alexander, huzzah! Talia... hmm... I'm not sure. To be honest, I saw it coming, I just did. But at the same time I was still having a *O_O* moment when she screeched in pain as her personality was erased. Oh and of course, Mr. Garibaldi, how you amuse me so with your childish antics

Did I detect the hint of a little sumin' sumin' devloping between Susan and Talia? If so, poor Ivanova... if not... shoo you little evil Winters! On that note, Susan is a latent telepath?! Didn't see that coming! I hope Lyta returns again someday! I'm ending this one here because Gateworld is being annoying and won't let me move the mouse or write anything without scrolling to the top of the page - annoying!

Mckay Rating: 7/10

Will write up the remaining episodes when the forum decides to work properly..

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum" was one of my favorite episodes of season 2. I think I must have watched that episode 6-7 times when it first aired back in 1994. Delenn's exposition of the Shadows was absolutely mind-blowing to watch as we finally saw pieces falling into place.

There will be more such episodes coming. "The Long, Twilight Struggle" is another such episode, and is arguably in more spectacular fashion than either "The Coming of Shadows" and "In the Shadow of Z'ha'dum." So many plot threads intersect there.
                        Yeah, lot's of great episodes in season two with big revelations about things past and things to come... Wait 'til Rodney gets a load of "The Fall of Night", though! It's my favourite episode of season two. Totally WHAMtastic!
                        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

S02E21 - "The Long, Twilight Struggle"
                          "They're being bombed back into the Stone Age."

Compressed Summary: Screw this! You, you and you! Yes you! To the spoiler section, right now!

Spoilerific Review:
                          Spoiler:
                          Ohmagawd... just ohmagawd! I didn't expect them to just go and bomb the Narn homeworld like that! The scene which stood out there was definately Londo watching from the ship though. I want to hate him now, but I can't because as Garibaldi put it.. he's holding on to a horse and just has to keep holding on tighter because he's too scared to fall off. Poor G'kar...

Yay the Epsilon 3 machine is back! Huzzah again! Seemed a bit random, but fair enough if Mr. Glowy Dude is offering his support in the coming war. But Sheridan getting authority over the Rangers... that should prove interesting!

You know, the more i type, the worse this forum problem gets! Can't format text further down without jumping back to the top... it's just impossibe! Lemmie switch to quick reply....

Mckay Rating: 10/10 (Epic)

S02E22 - "Comes the Inquisitor"
                          "Who are you?!"[/CENTER]

Compressed Summary: A quite dramatic and thought-provoking episode. Although I have a few issues...

Spoilerific Review:
                          Spoiler:
                          Let me start with a quick question which anyone can answer at their own pace. Why did Kosh only now decide Delenn needed "testing?" Okay, that's out of the way! So urhm... Jack the Ripper? Makes sense but also seems slightly contrieved at the same time, slightly confusing but nevertheless, it was still a good episode with some Sherilenn development! (Yes, you heard me... Sherilenn! Abso-fraggin-lutely!)

Mckay Rating: 7/10 (Time to increase depending on a question's anwer!)

Season 2 Finale - "The Fall of Night"
                          "We came to this place because Babylon 5 was our last, best hope for peace..."[/CENTER]

Compressed Summary: Stunning from start to finish. Nothing less. A fitting end to this "chapter" of the B5 story.

Spoilerific Review:
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to Hell!... As with everything else, it's the thought that counts.
                          There have been many *O_O* moments throughout my journey this season, but the biggest of them all came with the saving of Sheridan by Kosh! His cryptic note about being recognised by everyone wasn't an understatement. Well, except in Londo's case. I fear that scene may have set his future in stone and I don't like it one bit D:

G'kar hiding behind a bush, the Centauri attack on the station and poor Keffer's sacrifice to reveal the Shadow vessel were all overly-epic moments. I had planned to wait off until Friday to watch, but couldn't help myself. I first I slightly regretted it, but reminded myself that there would still be many epic moments to come... enhanced by Ivanova's prologue....

It was the end of the Earth year 2259, and the war was upon us. As anticipated, a few days after the Earth-Centauri treaty was announced, the Centauri widened their war to include many of the Non-Aligned Worlds. And there was another war brewing closer to home. A personal one whose cost would be higher than any of us could imagine. We came to this place because Babylon 5 was our last, best hope for peace. By the end of 2259, we knew that it had failed. But in so doing, it became something greater. As the war expanded, it became our last, best hope for victory. Because sometimes peace is another word for surrender, and because secrets have a way of getting out.
                          Thank You for joining me along Season 2! Gateworld is playing up again so the finale gets another Mckay Rating of 10/10!
                          Last edited by Rodney_Mckay; 22 May 2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

I've watched the entire series end to end so many times that it's wonderful to see this the way I first saw it, before I knew any of what happened. I'm really starting to love this thread for that!
                            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

McKay, congratulations on reaching the end of 2259! When people get this far through the Babylon 5 story, they pretty much have to finish the whole thing.

Spoiler:
                              Having a main character's homeworld bombed back to the stone age is something you just don't see very often. The horror of going through that and yet to have G'Kar stirring declare that, "No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever," was one of the finest moments in B5. I remember when I first watched that back in '94 that speech brought a tear to my eye.

With Comes the Inquisitor, I think Kosh knew that Delenn and Sheridan would pass the test. They are both more saint-like than Sebastian could have imagined.

With season 2 coming to a close, you're now getting to the very heart of the B5 story. Without spoiling anything for season 3, I will say that nobody on B5 is exactly what they appear to be. Not G'Kar, Londo, the Shadows, the Vorlons, or even Delenn and Sheridan. Season 3 had some of the best moments I've ever seen with science fiction. I guarantee you'll love every minute of it.
                              sigpic

Comment

I still get chills when I even read the prologues/epilogues for B5.

S3 is epic. Soooo strong. Love it.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X