Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay we're friends again! Let's party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DziRyepLpQ0
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Here is some information about how the CGI was made for Voices in the Dark.
      I have linked the first two articles and a third is coming out in July.
      Part 1:
      http://features.cgsociety.org/story_...?story_id=3971
      Part 2:
      http://features.cgsociety.org/story_...?story_id=4102
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
        Part 1:
        Part 2:
        Ooh. That's a lot of detail in that wire frame pic of the Starfury and there must be at least a million polys in the space station itself. Nice! I'll have a read through of these articles. Thanks!
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          Part 1:
          Part 2:
          Wow. They're really doing an awesome job of building anticipation for these movies. So much so that I'm trying to work my way through everything canon from the B5 universe before July 31st... Legions of Fire is well underway, but unfortunately, the technomage books (apparently the best) are annoyingly rare. And I've still got Crusade to go. ARGH!

... Is Legend of the Rangers worth ANY bother?

ETA: Has anyone heard of a region 2 release date?
          Last edited by Anubis69; 24 June 2007, 02:45 PM.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

September 2 or 3 for region 2.

I really can't wait to see B5 with some updated CGI, although to be fair, the story is more important.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              September 2 or 3 for region 2.
              That's just cruel. Cheers for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                Legions of Fire is well underway, but unfortunately, the technomage books (apparently the best) are annoyingly rare.

... Is Legend of the Rangers worth ANY bother?
                I found book three of Legions of Fire was more annoyingly rare, costing an average of $60. I found it and the technomage books at my library so that's where I suggest you look.

Legend of the Rangers was a pretty good movie. However, it starts a story arc that never gets finished. I'd say that if you're as obsessed as I am and can't get enough of Babylon 5... it's worth it...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

I've recently bought all the DVDs (All five seasons, movies, along with Crusade and pre-ordered Lost Tales Part One). Can't wait to watch to 'em all!
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                    I found book three of Legions of Fire was more annoyingly rare, costing an average of $60. I found it and the technomage books at my library so that's where I suggest you look.
                    I bought them all off eBay for £20 so I think i lucked out in that regard. Good call, though. It's worth a shot given the only version available (on a website I trust) is book 3...

Btw, I assume you finished Legions of Fire? I did so yesterday but... What the hell was wrong with that ending?! The whole
                    Spoiler:
                    Drakh/David removal thing just seemed so utterly rushed, not to mention some of the ridiculous dialogue...

Anyway, now onto Dark Genesis. w00t!

ETA: I watched In The Beginning last night (and I plan on watching War Without End tonight) but Londo mentions he's had 4 wives as he's looking out the window. I never noticed that first time round... Wonder who the lucky gal is. It's also interesting that this 4th wife wasn't included in LoF...
                    Last edited by Anubis69; 06 July 2007, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                      I've recently bought all the DVDs (All five seasons, movies, along with Crusade and pre-ordered Lost Tales Part One). Can't wait to watch to 'em all!
                      Good stuff! Would that be the box sets for each show/film or the complete universe in the big black box? I've been tempted to buy that one. It would probably end up cheaper for me than buying all the individual sets.

edit: Is the complete universe box set only a region two release?

Next on my agenda should be the graphic novels that complemented the series. It'll help fill in a few of the gaps I have in the B5 timeline.
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

I wanted to get the Complete Universe, but alas, it's only available for Region 2. So I just got the box sets for each one. Im still waiting on them though, I bought them all at Amazon and chose the slowest shipping choice to save money. I also had to buy each season separately instead of getting the five-pack since the five-pack would have cost me $20 more than getting them separately.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69 View Post
                          ETA: I watched In The Beginning last night (and I plan on watching War Without End tonight) but Londo mentions he's had 4 wives as he's looking out the window. I never noticed that first time round... Wonder who the lucky gal is. It's also interesting that this 4th wife wasn't included in LoF...
                          I was thinking it was...
                          Spoiler:
                          Senna

But then I remembered the dancer. You know, the one his family forced him to divorce.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Adira? I never could remember any details about that first episode she was in...

Comment

Here is an audio interview with JMS on Amazon.com about Lost Tales.
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/blog/post/PLNK2JBWHQ3VZ5T39
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                                CHECK OUT THIS BABYLON 5 MUSIC VIDEO. They lyrics are original and the melody is set to Barenaked Ladies' song "One Week".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHpMAubwfQg
                                The video can also be downloaded from the webpage of the man who wrote the song. Plug "Tom Smith" and "Five Years" into a search engine. The video is on the "Free Stuff" page. He also has the lyrics and an annotated lyrics page.
                                Last edited by Wordsmit2; 08 July 2007, 08:30 PM. Reason: addendum
                                Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Working...
                                X