No announcement yet.

Babylon 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno if this has been posted before... but.

CHECK OUT THIS BABYLON 5 MUSIC VIDEO. They lyrics are original and the melody is set to Barenaked Ladies' song "One Week".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHpMAubwfQg
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

The intensity drops a bit in the 5th season, but it's still well worth watching. Especially the finale, Sleeping In Light, which was originally shot as the finale of the 4th season, and then moved to the 5th, with a new slapdash 4th season finale (which I never liked much) when it became clear that they'd get a 5th season after all.

I certainly hope there'll be more than one DVD movie, although it'd be even better if they decided to do a new series.
      sigpic

Comment

Re "The Lost Tales":

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        As far as I know, there will be about 90 minutes for the story and additional material that will up the total running time to about 2 hours.
        That was the original plan when they were planning on three stories on the disc. However, the press release I saw says 75 minutes plus one bonus documentary that takes it to about 90 minutes. So apparently about seven minutes were added to each of the two stories.

Warner Bros said early on that they hoped to air it on TV if several Lost Tales are made. I'm not clear on how 30 to 37 minute stories would fit into a TV timeslot in the U.S. Why not 44?

This whole project was five months from scratch-- pre-production through post-production! I look forward to once again being educated re just how much a well-organized producer can accomplish. Especially since the backgrounds are said to be mostly CGI.

The last mostly-CGI show I saw was Lexx. Due to time constraints on rendering, some episodes were breathtaking while others you just had to shake your head and focus on the story. "2.20 End of the Universe" comes to mind.

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        Whether it's two separate episodes or a single feature, I'm not sure. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere that the episode title is anything other than "Voices in the Dark."
        Planned to be two separate stories under the name "Voices in the Dark", but the press release didn't say anything about whether they're still separate, and I've never heard anything about the stories having individual titles. I don't suppose they need them since they happen concurrently and apparently interact with each other.

The current DVD cover shows it only as "Babylon 5: The Lost Tales". That's actually quite normal. Remember the actual title of "Legend of the Rangers" is "Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die In Starlight".

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
        As for any more installments from The Lost Tales, that will probably depend on how well the first DVD sells.
        Yep, the usual. I really hope there are more. First, "Tell me a story, Uncle Joe!" Second, the third story was supposed to be a Garibaldi story set on Mars. Third, no one's managed a DVD sci-fi series yet and I think it would be very cool if Babylon 5 was the franchise to make it work. Set the bar high, I say! None of this "lowest common denominator" stuff. Fourth, it would be so nice if there could be a Babylon 5-universe series to give us a few clues about things we've wondered about. Fans immediately clamor "Telepath War!" and "Technomages!", but *I* would like to have a little more about Crusade characters. The show was cancelled right before Matheson got his episode. And did Gideon survive the series? What happened to the Apocalypse Box? Did Eilerson grow or devolve? What was so awful about the cure to the Drakh plague? Why was Chambers such a bundle of contradictions? Etc. etc.

I also have notions for a "cutaway" sort of episode which follows a character we don't know, the consequences of the episode later affecting characters we do know. Certainly Straczynski has to introduce some new characters, as the old ones have evolved about as far as they can without getting stretched into Mary Sue territory. Personally I'd just sprinkle people everywhere and see if the audience is taken with any of them. Remember Lt. Corwin? Elric? Navigator "This is as faster as I can go"? *Someone* is bound to take the audience's fancy.
        Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Advice to Buddhawasanancient:

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
          Strictly speaking the core of the show are seasons 1 to 4. After that there is also the Pilot (the Gathering) and the prequel movie (watch the movie after the series 4, for maximum enjoyment as it'd give too much away otherwise)

Season 5, and the other movies, and Crusade are all spin-offs of varying quality
          Yeah, what Steve_the_Wraith says, except I saw "The Gathering" first. The first 15 minutes are pretty corny, but once Ambassador Kosh arrives it picks right up. You can't really go wrong with a sci-fi mystery.

As an added advantage, it sets the bar low, so the series keeps pushing it higher and higher. It would probably be pretty disappointing to first see a slick jam-packed movie or episode (e.g. "In the Beginning") then return to the show's roots and watch it grow. It would be like first seeing Stargate SG-1's "Camelot" then seeing the first half of the first season.

Addendum: You know, now I think about it, most of the movies are slow for the first 15 minutes. Only "River of Souls" and "A Call to Arms" start brisk and stay brisk.
          Last edited by Wordsmit2; 03 May 2007, 04:08 AM.
          Wordsmit2

The story of my life. I finally find a city like this, intact, deserted for ten thousand years, probably contains hundreds of patents that I can exploit--and I'm going to die. I can appreciate dramatic irony as much as the next person, but this is pushing it a bit. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "War Zone"

Mess with me, you mess with my whole family. --Max Eilerson, Crusade "Ruling From the Tomb"

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
            Dunno if this has been posted before... but.

CHECK OUT THIS BABYLON 5 MUSIC VIDEO. They lyrics are original and the melody is set to Barenaked Ladies' song "One Week".
            I would love to, but YouTube is useless to me. I'm on dialup.

I've often wondered if there are Babylon 5 videos, but the only ones I've found are YouTube.
            Wordsmit2

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
              with a new slapdash 4th season finale (which I never liked much)
              Nevertheless I have a certain fondness for it here and there.

It's quite creepy listening to the pundits and thinking "Gee, they're just like the self-styled experts you see everywhere now." Delenn's speech about inventing truth is gangbusters, if rather longer than it needs to be.

I love the "deconstruction" segment, mainly because Garibaldi is so Garibaldi. I'm always reminded of G'Kar's line in "A Late Delivery From Avalon": "And they made a very satisfying *thump* when they hit the floor!"

The monastery was amusing and sometimes a little haunting though awfully long.

And the last segment always gets a shiver and an "Ooh."
              Wordsmit2

Comment

I finished the first book of Legions of Fire yesterday.

Just felt like saying that... yup...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Looks like WB has started to promote the Lost Tales (thank god) and to that end they have posted
                  Babylon 5 Diaries, I guess that they will be relessing these as lost tales approches
                  here is the first
                  http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...22babylon+5%22
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APTPy3MLmNI
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

that is so cool. i never got into bab 5 when it was on but over the past couple of years i've started to take an interest. i'm looking forward to seeing that.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Nice. Thanks for the links Night Marshal. I wonder if we'll start seeing previews with actual footage from the episode sometime?
                      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                        I finished the first book of Legions of Fire yesterday.

Just felt like saying that... yup...
                        Awesome, I've got the trilogy sitting on my shelf waiting for me until after exams. How was part 1?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

The novels and comic books are part of the B5 universe that I haven't visited, yet anyway. I'd love to get my hands on the comic books; they'd be a good place for me to start. I think the stories in the comics took place during season 1 and 2, or during the hiatus between both seasons. I'm not too sure though, I'll have to check. The great thing for me about the written works of B5 is that almost all of them are 100% canonical.

I can't wait to see what the B5 universe looks like with up to date cgi. I hope they're available to rent from the video store as I'd like to try before I buy. I did that with "The Gathering" and the other TV movies and I now own all of them.

Comment

Part I was pretty good. It goes a little slow at parts, and it just get more and more tragic for Londo... but it must have been pretty good if I stayed up until 2:00 am to finish reading it...

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

If anyone is wanting to start watching Babylon 5 but doesn't want to buy the DVD's, like me, in2tv.com has Babylon 5 for free. It is only at the middle of season 3 right now but you can see if you like it or not.

Comment

Yeah, I tried that I think last year. Unfortunately, I reside outside the U.S.A.

Comment

Working...
                                X