Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    We Australians in the 'Lucky County' are still waiting for our first
    Doesn't help that Italy halted an AstraZeneca shipment headed for Australia in retaliation of AZ not delivering the promised numbers in Europe.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

How did your second shot go young Womble?

We Australians in the 'Lucky Country' are still waiting for our first
      All good. Reaction was same as the first shot - some pain in the arm like there's a bruise on it, low energy and limited focus for a few days. Nothing major. Wifey had a somewhat stronger reaction, but still nothing of concern.

I already have my vaccination certificate. Yet to bother getting the coveted "green pass" with which I can go to movies etc.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post

I already have my vaccination certificate. Yet to bother getting the coveted "green pass" with which I can go to movies etc.
        You get a green pass that gives you free movie tickets just for being a 'Vaxxer' & not an 'anti-vaxxer'?

On a serious note, glad you & Mrs Womble came through it OK.
        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

You get a green pass that gives you free movie tickets just for being a 'Vaxxer' & not an 'anti-vaxxer'?

On a serious note, glad you & Mrs Womble came through it OK.
          The interesting thing is, the last lockdown was basically a complete failure because people were tired of restrictions and just ignored them, and the police chose to not confront, economy is mostly opened now (with the notable exception of the airport, goddammit). But 4 million people out of 9 million had two jabs and another 1.1 million had their first - and the number of new infections is on a steady decline. Last month 10% of all random covid tests came back positive, last week only 2.9%. The number of hospitalized covid patients in serious condition is down from 136 to 79. Most new cases are in the sectors which are hesitant to vaccinate - ultra-Orthodox and Muslims. The Pfizer vaccine is very effective. Once it's certified safe for kids and we vaccinate the under 16 year old group (30% of the population), we should be coming out of the pandemic. Hopefully.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I live in South Carolina (USA) and despite 8.8k+ deaths in the last year from Covid-19 alone, we have no restrictions... not even a mask mandate. As someone who is immunocompromised (as is my wife, who cannot even take the vaccine without a full medical staff on standby due to allergies), I find this very upsetting. While the rate of death is low for the average person, the rate of long term injury/death is very real for someone like myself and my wife. Getting a vaccine is much harder than it seems, with doctor's offices closing appointments down time and time again due to vaccine supply shortage or rerouting.

On a bad year my state has about 2k traffic deaths, and the state formulates laws and regulations to try to stymie this number. People are arrested, incarcerated, or even just fined for various infractions which are dangerous behavior due to the traffic deaths that occur in the area where I live. But half a decade worth of traffic deaths by not by accident, drunk drivers, and playing on cell phones while driving heavy machinery.... but a preventable virus, barely register a peep from our local government other than exasperation at the Federal level of government "over reacting."

I'm immunocompromised due to heavy metal poisoning while serving in the US military (fun fact, depleted uranium can be absorbed in aerosol/smoke form) and it wrecked my immune system. My best chance of getting a vaccine is when the veteran affairs (an organization for disabled veterans such as myself) finally get supplies.... which is slotted for about the same time as the sun dies (being dramatic). My wife is a fragile diabetic (genetic) and losing her would destroy my world, yet she is allergic to some versions of the vaccine and has an issue with some other vaccines in the past... meaning that our local medical support acts like they have zero sense when it comes to supporting us in these trying times. Our best medical advice so far has been to, "Wait until herd immunity happens." This infuriates me. /rant

Comment

Sorry to hear of your troubles with the pandemic, Sulabri.

I hope you can get the vaccine (any one of them available) sooner rather than later.

My father got his first shot friday. He volunteered to help at the local vaccination center and apparently that gives you top spot on the list, which is quite logical since they are going to be in contact with a lot of people. He got AstraZeneca and felt OK, if at times a little tired (or as he called it "lazier than usual" ).

One of our government folks said today that IF deliveries remain on schedule, all people over 18 will have had their first shot by the 11th of July (in Flanders an important date as it commemorates the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302 when the Flemish farmers beat the French elite knights at Courtois).

However, it should be noted that AstraZeneca and Moderna (less but all the same) have been fudging up deliveries so I know that what he claims is as far from the actual truth as he can go. At least, I know that 3/4th of the Belgian population will not be vaccinated by the end of summer. (for reference: there's 11 million of us at the moment, of which maybe 500,000 have been vaccinated, about 400K of those with their 2nd shot -- vaccinations started in January).

Comment

I'm getting my first shot on Thursday. Only a month until I can come visit FH. Dont tell Soul, he might get jealous
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I'm getting my first shot on Thursday. Only a month until I can come visit FH. Dont tell Soul, he might get jealous
                  Hate to break it to you, but I'm in the age group which won't get vaccinated until the summer (best case scenario) of 2021 -- worst case scenario, not until fall 2021 and absolute worst case scenario, not untill the beginning of 2022 -- so visitations are impossible.

Sorry...

Comment

We're saved... Johnson&Johnson is delivering 50,000 dosages of the vaccine... LOL... we're so screwed.

In the meantime, for one month Belgium won't administer AstraZeneca to people below the age of 56, and according to the strategy that is a mere 6000 people who will get another shot.

We're at 1.2 million people vaccinated, and we're four months into the campaign. We suck!
                    (ref: approx. 9,5 million elligible Belgians here)

Comment

Just habe Soul give you his vaccine. Problem solved. I got the Phfizer vaccine. My side effects were small. Half a day of headache and two days of muscle soreness. Reminded me of a tentanus shot
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, and by the way... Johnson & Johnson is based on the same principle as AstraZeneca, making use of the adenovirus so you guessed it... same issues.

When it's my time, I sincerely hope there is some Pfizer left, or Moderna though the latter have been equally iffy with their deliveries so I'm setting all my hopes on Pfizer.

Comment

IF and WHEN Australia gets it act together I will get whatever I am given, if I do not die of old age first.

​ ​

Comment

IF and WHEN Australia gets it act together I will get whatever I am given, if I do not die of old age first.
                            The joke here is that every person under the age of 55 will be old enough to receive AZ when it's our turn. That's how long we'll have to wait.

However, apparently Pfizer will be delivering 500K dosages each week, starting in May, so I'm hoping that we'll get to it in a timely fashion afterall, and that I'm getting a Pfizer shot. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

The joke here is that every person under the age of 55 will be old enough to receive AZ when it's our turn. That's how long we'll have to wait.

However, apparently Pfizer will be delivering 500K dosages each week, starting in May, so I'm hoping that we'll get to it in a timely fashion afterall, and that I'm getting a Pfizer shot. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                              Don't worry we're coming to save you FH.

*goes to laugh in the corner*
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post

Don't worry we're coming to save you FH.

*goes to laugh in the corner*
                                Does your new avatar have anything to do with your answer? Mmo9zFu.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X