• Show
Clear All

What about anti-maskers? I just can't wrap my head around these idiots
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      What about anti-maskers? I just can't wrap my head around these idiots
      Spend some time anywhere on the internet (especially Reddit) and you'll find some anti-vaxxers conspiracy.

This specific one is about the anti-vaxxers harassing the families of those who chose to have the vaccine.
      2020 so bad I wanna go back to 2007. Hey guys.
      sigpic

Comment

Some of my coworkers got vaccinated. I'll let you know if they grow tails or develop appetite for brains.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Some of my coworkers got vaccinated. I'll let you know if they grow tails or develop appetite for brains.

Anne Wheaton's son sent her a message saying that his arm hurt a bit but that it didn't look like his autism had doubled.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
            If they develop an appetite for brains you can imprison them in Albany, NY...they'll starve to death

Comment

My grandson and his (live-in) girlfriend arrived 21st December from Victoria (Australia). Now there are further cases of Covid19 turning up in Victoria, so Western Australia has closed it's borders at midnight last night, and anybody who arrived here 21st till now has to self-isolate and get tested. Depending on his results I may have to be tested, and at my age get the vaccination. We will have to see.

Not Covid related, but last night (New Year's Eve) my grand-daughter and her boyfriend went partying (we are allowed over here as long as we social distance). A fight broke out and he tried to break it up. Broke both his tibia and fibula in his right leg. Moon boot for at least 6 weeks.
              Happy start to the new year .... NOT
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Update: Grandson & GF tested negative, so we are safe for now.
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  Update: Grandson & GF tested negative, so we are safe for now.
                  At least, that's a corona-positive (not being negative) start of the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Even COVID won't stop my yearly bacon party in my shed

I actually tested positive a few weeks ago but I honestly had a very light reaction
                    Well, at least there's something positive about you now.

Here in Israel, we've been in lockdown until yesterday. Today we're in an even stricter lockdown. So it's a lockdown inside a lockdown. A stuffed lockdown. Or, for the Jewish people among us, gefilte lockdown.

Things keep getting crazier and more stupid by the day. Half the call center of social security is in quarantine. One of the vaccination stations was vandalized with anti-vaxxer slogans. Right now vaccinations are only for the at-risk population groups such as people over 60, people with chronic illnesses and so on, but lots of young people show up demanding to get their shot - and sometimes on sheer chutzpah they get one.

The thing about Pfizer vaccine is that one vial is for 5 dozes, and once its defrosted and mixed it has to be used up or thrown away. Since the number of people who show up for vaccination every day isn't necessarily divisible by 5, the vaccination team will oftentimes offer to vaccinate anyone who showed up with leftover shots. Our friends got vaccinated this way last night.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

If the vaccination strategy holds true, everyone willing in Belgium should have been vaccinated by September 2021 -- everyone from old to young and back, no exceptions except those who do not want to be vaccinated or can't.

Comment

The covid vaccination strategies are starting to take shape over here.

We'll have central locations in all regions to which people will be invited to go and get their shots.

At the moment, they are well under way vaccinating the elderly in all the carehomes, including staff and volunteers. The medical personnel at hospitals and medical centers are to follow in February.

When they have determined which essential group is next, it might even be that my company is seen as essential and we'll get access sooner. However, I'd feel like I'm taking someone who may need it more now being an at-risk person, so I would deny that opportunity and patiently wait for my turn, somewhere around the summer months.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne1 View Post
                          . . . and I had a low opinion of anti-vaxxers anyway. I'm itching to get that vaccination but a quick quiz on our NHS website says I'm unlikely to get it until mid-February at the earliest as there are several higher risk categories in front of me, which is completely understandable. I've seen such an uptick on the internet lately from anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists about this vaccine and the disease as a whole that just sickens me. The spread of disinformation is disturbing.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          I believe in just frigging do it.
                          It's like masks, it's not there to protect you, it's to protect others from you. Anti-vaxxers are just screwed in the head and their is a certain point where "freedom of choice" becomes "my rights are more important than yours"
                          If you want to think that way, go back into lockdown for life.
                          I get tested for covid every month because I work in retail and it is my responsibility to take care of my co-workers and customers, and it costs me working time to do it, but it is the right thing to do.
                          Why is it so hard for people to think about other people??
                          Just frigging do it.
                          General comment... just for the "record" -- I am not an "anti-vaxxer". I get "deathly sick" with violent vomiting episodes after flu shots, and a few other (recent) vaccines. All last year, I thought it was weird that every medical facility I had an appointment with, kept asking me (to confirm over and over) what my reactions were to the medical injections from previous years. It's documented in my health records that I have severe reactions to certain vaccinations. So WHY should I get this COVID shot, when every FLU vaccine has made me sick with 102+ degree F fevers. Why does it always feel like experiencing the NOROvirus (symptoms) after I got those flu-shots? Recovery takes well over 5 days or more, now, by taking soups and toast, and ginger ale, IF those are able to stay down and be absorbed into the digestive system... It's not some 3-day illness event (not in my life, anyway)...

If this news is accurate or even close to *realistic*, having a (severe) reaction to "flu shots" is one of the signals the medical community has stated for some people (which I apparently am one of those "some people") NOT to get the COVID19 vaccine... at least not from the top 3 serums that are circulating at the moment in real time or trial phases.

So, AGAIN, for the record, I have stated over and over, IF TPTB can put a COVID19 or whatever # it is vaccine on a sugar cube, I'd take it! Polio vaccine was distributed that way, so why can't the medium vehicle be on a sugar cube? Understood that some SUGARs counter work against something in the vaccine behind the process, and it HAS to be processed some other method, such as a sharp-pyramid "patch" or needle injection. So NOT fair.

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          I believe in live and let live. If people want to get the needle that is their right. If people do not want to get the needle that is their right.
                          Thank you. Nevermind, I simple despise NEEDLES... been a pin-cushion with allergy shots for over 15 years and hated it. Saw the multi-micro-needles "patch" for COVID19 and freaked out... ummm. NOoooooooooooooooooo. Bad enough I have lived with people who are diabetics and give themselves injections twice daily... they say, you'd get used to it if you HAD to. Well, I'm doing my utmost best to avoid going down that route... Thank you, all...!

However, back to COVID19 + variant treatments... more news just came out in recent weeks that there is another company trying to create a "pill" method to give the COVID vaccine out. That sounds better, but might end up having to be taken daily like HRT meds, or something. Would rather take the zinc+D3+C+etc. vitamins to do that instead. It's the MIA zinc factor that seems to be the problem with COVID... No Zinc, people are susceptible to getting sick faster. After last year's bout with a "mystery cold illness" I increased my zinc+ vitamins, and managed to avoid getting sick all year. I think wearing the facial mask and "social distancing" helped, too, altho some folks still take a simple passing in the hallway to the extreme... must stay 20 feet away, or don't pass! ugh.

On another extreme *thought* . . . I am also leery of the cytokine storm that can occur when the treatment "protein" (or specialized cell) attacks the healthy cells instead. There is NO illness, and NO COVID variant present. If this occurs at random or for whatever triggers it, THAT right there is a reason to be concerned with some of these COVID variety vaccines.

Comment

Digging up an ancient discussion because of a NEW 2021 update (woohoo!!)...

I couldn't find where Annoyed said the lock-down *restrictions* would get lifted after the USA elections were over, but I think what just happened in NY (as stated by Gov.Cuomo) was for different reasons than Annoyed may have stated somewhere in these 87 pages... sigh...
                            Below quote is from August 1st, 2020, 08:12 AM, from Annoyed

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            The inevitable result re-opening things too early. Bars, restaurants and other social gatherings places should have never re-opened, as well as cubicle farms and other onsite workplaces. I expect we're going to have to close down again and stay closed until we have some effective means of stopping this thing. And it's likely to be a longer shutdown. We allowed the moneymen to push us back open too soon, and now we're gonna have to do it over and do it right this time.

At least your leaders might be able to do that, or some effective course of action. We're screwed until after the elections are decided; everything our leaders do is focused on one thing, politics and the upcoming elections.
                            Okay Annoyed... you got your wish. Everything in our regional area has been on lock-down since March 2020. Lots of businesses economically destroyed. People were dying from suicides, because they couldn't handle the economic losses. COVID19 never touched them. The mandatory restrictions *touched* them instead and destroyed their life. How's that working out?

UPDATE. Elections are now over. New guy, Biden being put into POTUS soon. Different topic there, except Biden has stated over and over that he "plans" on having mandatory (facial-COVID related) MASKs worn for the next 100 days NATIONWIDE (USA).

Just last week, (*emperor*) Gov.Cuomo suddenly decided *OMG! These Lockdowns *have* to END! We NEED TO OPEN UP!!! Our economy is a disaster!! There's NO MONEY left to keep us (NY) afloat* -- (paraphrase of what he basically stated).

(Well, WHO put it there to become that way Mr.Governor? Cuomo, Murphy, Newsome, and a few others ALL in *D* controlled states. ALL of them have had forced shut-downs or lockdowns and lost many "small" businesses. The few still remaining are basically on proverbial LIFE SUPPORT...)
                            Oh... so not to *rub it in* but Annoyed's "We allowed the moneymen to push us back open too soon" comment factors strongly in this, as well... the USA is NOT yet there yet with being protected from the virus... so WHY the sudden change of heart in Cuomo? (Should be obvious... the wealthy folks who could do so, moved out of state to less taxing vacation / relatives homes in other states, to avoid suffering from the fallouts of the economic collapse... they entered other states and bought out supplies from local nobody stores... so the local residents were suddenly stuck without supplies for MONTHS, too).

Still NO Lysol disinfectant on the store shelves yet... btw. just saying so... And current "disinfectant" has to go to non-virus protective, but nice smelling odor sprays instead.

So... why is Cuomo doing such an about face so suddenly? The guy is a living hypocrite. He knows his state will get federal AID from closing down businesses and forcing them to lose $$ revenue for state of NY. Been reading elsewhere that basically "there are *reasons* WHY those shut-downs occurred. (Some folks in internet land figured it out...) had to do with discrediting and ousting the residing *businessman* guy (2017-2020) in the WH... slippery slope with COVID19 as a cover excuse?" That's still just a *Theory*... but seems logical, considering the attitudes of the world, not just in the USA.

Anywho... If Biden forces any lock-downs with COVID19 as a reason for doing so, it will further cripple the USA. That is a GIVEN. Too obvious. However, IF the people in the rest of the USA are able to NOT endure what we have in these endless lock-down states, and ONLY have to wear a *protective* facial mask / shield, often wash their hands (they should be doing THAT part anyway!) , continue to "social distance", ALWAYS COVER your cough and sneezes, then those folks got much luckier than the many others who were trapped in locked-down states.

*Godspeed* to all who are able to be staying as healthy as possible. BTW, some of us are still convinced we already HAD the COVID bug, but couldn't get tested for it at the time, because the tested was NOT yet available. Any antibodies developed in the interim, disappeared over time and caused a negative result in the blood tests when those were finally approved, too.

Now, if the rest of the USA only deals with what it's like wearing a MASK at all times in public... seriously -- that is the least worrisome portion of this entire (COVID19 *LOCK-DOWN*) experience. You can recover from wearing a mask.. *whew!*. You can't *always* recover from a collapsed financial system... serious domino effects have occurred, as predicted. Something else is in the works to restore a new economy... it'll be in the news within a year or so, if not sooner (possibly under some global "great reset" term). It's been in the internet grapevine for months, but deals with other world issues... maybe someone can start a new topic when that finally reveals itself?

From what I've been reading, it'll be *something* well worth keeping track of for the next decade... COVID19 issues helped bring this other *issue* into existence a lot sooner than TPTB had ever hoped to see it happen. Not sure if that is all good news either. Massive regulatory changes coming too (more work for environmentalists, specifically).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              The covid vaccination strategies are starting to take shape over here.

We'll have central locations in all regions to which people will be invited to go and get their shots.

At the moment, they are well under way vaccinating the elderly in all the carehomes, including staff and volunteers. The medical personnel at hospitals and medical centers are to follow in February.

When they have determined which essential group is next, it might even be that my company is seen as essential and we'll get access sooner. However, I'd feel like I'm taking someone who may need it more now being an at-risk person, so I would deny that opportunity and patiently wait for my turn, somewhere around the summer months.
                              In the meantime, as I've been trying to say before ---- instead of hiding in a corner or under a desk/whatever or wherever, take those *immune* saving vitamins! They seem to have worked so far in many people who have stated so. It's just a matter of knowing how much of which vitamins+Zinc is enough. Otherwise, stay hidden in a (cubby)hole and stay there, until the "vaccine" comes to the rescue for (generic) *your* turn on the line.

I can wait... Let everyone else go on ahead first. Registration and waiting times won't be so time-consuming by the time I discuss getting the dreaded vaccine with my doctor(s). Plus, by then, most of the "side-effects" should have shown up in most people.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                                In the meantime, as I've been trying to say before ---- instead of hiding in a corner or under a desk/whatever or wherever, take those *immune* saving vitamins! They seem to have worked so far in many people who have stated so. It's just a matter of knowing how much of which vitamins+Zinc is enough. Otherwise, stay hidden in a (cubby)hole and stay there, until the "vaccine" comes to the rescue for (generic) *your* turn on the line.
                                Belgium is in a semi-lockdown, which means that restaurants and bars are still closed, as are hairdressers and close-contact professions such as beauty parlors and the likes. Economic unemployement has been extended until the end of the year, as has the government support for everyone having to close down. Working from home is still mandatory. We have 2 different curfews depending where you are in the country: Flanders goes from midnight to 5am, Walloon and Brussels go from 10pm to 6am. These rules and regulations are in place until March 1st, 2021 at the latest.

We have mandatory quarantine in place for anyone coming from a red zone, or who has been abroad for more than 48hours. You have to fill out the Passenger Locator Form, get tested on the day of your return and on the 7th day of quarantine. If the latter is negative, your quarantine ends. Officials can come by for spot checks to make sure you are, in fact, maintaining quarantine.

The 48h do not apply to returning from the UK. It doesn't matter how long you've been there, even if only for an hour, mandatory quarantine and testing is a must because of the British variation of covid.

We are still not allowed to have more than one cuddle-contact, or meet more than 4 people (yourself included, so for us that's 2 other people) in an outdoor setting.

If you get caught breaking the rules as far as gatherings go, adults get fined 750 euro and the organizer risks getting served to appear in court -- fines go up significantly and prison time is probable.

Our numbers today:
                                Last week an average of 116 people were admitted to a hospital per day, which is a 14% drop from the week before (135 people). There are a total of 1818 patients currently in hospitals around the country, of which 353 are in the intensive care unit, and of those 353, 188 are on ventilators.

Deaths have gone down by 15,8% from the week before. Between the 31st of December and the 6th of January, there were an average of 70 people dying of covid-19. This number went down to 50 on average per day.

There were an average of 1997 infections a day between the 7th and the 13th of January, which is a rise of 11% from the week before -- there was a 36% increase in testing, approximately 45500 tests (which includes the double testing people who return from holidays).

The ratio of positive tests is 5% which means that for every 100 tests there are 5 people testing positive.

Compare that to the USA:
                                Today you had 202,000 extra cases and 3,533 new deaths to count.
                                You are totalling a death total of 407,164, which ranks you at the top of the covid death chart worldwide.

You are followed by India (152K) & Brazil (209K).

So maybe it's time you started wearing that facemask a little more, and stop complaining about how the economy is crashing. I'm fairly certain your medical staff is crashing at a rate ten times worse than the economy and for the record, you do not want a veterinarian taking your temperature when there are no more human doctors left.

Comment

Working...
                                X