Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And before Annoyed says it, I believe both sides are corruptible. Except Jelgate of course

*dumps fertilizer behind GF's house*

Mrs. GF signed off on it
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Corruption is everywhere, we had this huge scandal a few years back when they found out all the construction contracts given to the city of Montreal and Laval were rigged between a handful of entrepreneurs.

They did not EVEN say sorry!
      Pfftt... Rank Amateurs

And this is 3 years out of date.

Troubled NY politicians: A list of arrests, scandals, misdeeds and controversies

Comment

Anyone can be corrupted, and one would be stupid to assume it's only on one side Jel. You are not corruptible because you are the corruption.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Pfftt... Rank Amateurs

And this is 3 years out of date.

Troubled NY politicians: A list of arrests, scandals, misdeeds and controversies
        Most of them are Wizards of the Wall Street I assume? Auction conjurers, speculation mages, tie sorcerers are hard at work.

Jokes aside, NY isn't special, it just has a bigger concentration of these business folks.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Anyone can be corrupted, and one would be stupid to assume it's only on one side Jel. You are not corruptible because you are the corruption.

Most of them are Wizards of the Wall Street I assume? Auction conjurers, speculation mages, tie sorcerers are hard at work.

Jokes aside, NY isn't special, it just has a bigger concentration of these business folks.
          Annoyed or Soul might
          Jelgate is right

Comment

On the plus side, there are some good things that come out of NY.

From a nearby city's school district..

East High School approves new cell phone policy

East High School in Rochester has approved a new ban on cell phones in class for the upcoming school year.

Under the new policy, all cell phones will be taken from students when they enter the building in the morning and returned at the end of the day.

If parents need to get in touch with their child during class time, school officials say they can call the main office.

Other schools in the Rochester City School District are not implementing this policy.
            I hope this policy spreads like wildfire across the entire country.

Comment

Looks to me like you were talking about Collins, the recently arrested NY congresscritter.
              Nope.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

On the plus side, there are some good things that come out of NY.

From a nearby city's school district..

East High School approves new cell phone policy

I hope this policy spreads like wildfire across the entire country.
                It's a French policy, so it just shows that divorced of who puts something forward, you are willing to not only listen, but embrace something that comes from "the other side".
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  It's a French policy, so it just shows that divorced of who puts something forward, you are willing to not only listen, but embrace something that comes from "the other side".
                  I've said before that I don't care where it comes from, a good idea is a good idea.

Comment

Your actions say different
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I've said before that I don't care where it comes from, a good idea is a good idea.
                      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Your actions say different
                      One more for the count, Jelgate is right.
                      You willingly sold the soul of what was once a party dedicated to human rights and the people for a SCOTUS seat because, as a smart cookie, you KNOW that tilting the SCOTUS right gives right leaning people the last gasp of control over the country in a way you happen to like (and don't give me any "constitution as written" twaddle, the right already has 10 more amendments they want to push through to change it, look it up).
                      The right wing has won exactly ONE popular vote in the last 8 presidential elections with Bush in 2004 (war sells to both sides obviously), which means the people (who vote at least), don't want your style of governance or law, or interpretations thereof, but the SCOTUS is the last end game run around of the will of the people, not because it was designed to be, but because it has been weaponised by both parties.

If you have never voted democrat in your life, your statement is, quite frankly, a joke.
                      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 09 August 2018, 07:26 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

One more for the count, Jelgate is right.
                        You willingly sold the soul of what was once a party dedicated to human rights and the people for a SCOTUS seat because, as a smart cookie, you KNOW that tilting the SCOTUS right gives right leaning people the last gasp of control over the country in a way you happen to like (and don't give me any "constitution as written" twaddle, the right already has 10 more amendments they want to push through to change it, look it up).
                        The right wing has won exactly ONE popular vote in the last 8 presidential elections with Bush in 2004 (war sells to both sides obviously), which means the people (who vote at least), don't want your style of governance or law, or interpretations thereof, but the SCOTUS is the last end game run around of the will of the people, not because it was designed to be, but because it has been weaponised by both parties.

If you have never voted democrat in your life, your statement is, quite frankly, a joke.
                        Your own words say otherwise.

If a Democrat has an idea l like, or that has a platform (and is credible) I will back that idea or candidate.

I just don't happen to see much I like coming from that corner of the yard.

Comment

Can we talk about the Space Force bill coming up?

Does that mean SG-1 is getting fired?
                          Spoiler:
                          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Your own words say otherwise.

If a Democrat has an idea l like, or that has a platform (and is credible) I will back that idea or candidate.

I just don't happen to see much I like coming from that corner of the yard.
                            No you won't. Again, actions speak louder than words
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Can we talk about the Space Force bill coming up?

Does that mean SG-1 is getting fired?
                              I don't think it would pass muster due to a treaty we signed back in the days of the space race, barring the militarization of space.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                No you won't. Again, actions speak louder than words
                                For example, I agree with the Democrats on net neutrality. In fact, ideally, I go farther than they do.
                                ALL traffic should be treated equally, no exceptions, no BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X