Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If humans are inherently flawed, then making mistakes cannot be considered as being ''flawed''. One cannot ask an imperfect being to achieve perfection. I'll leave that to your God.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      If humans are inherently flawed, then making mistakes cannot be considered as being ''flawed''. One cannot ask an imperfect being to achieve perfection. I'll leave that to your God.
      Says who? I'm doing a pretty good job of it.

Comment

You are failing miserably
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          You are failing miserably
          that's positively polite.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            So your issue was with me using a common idiomatic phrase about why our economic systems aren't perfect versus the actual intent and meaning of that phrase due to its incidental implication?
            You based a whole argument on another thread about it, so don't complain now.

Let me ask you a question, when you read my posts, do you have it in your mind that you are dealing with a person who does not share your religion?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              I believe we are flawed because we make mistakes. I have yet to meet one person who doesn't make a mistake. I have yet to learn of one economic system that isn't flawed. "The Wealth of Nations" wasn't meant to cure all ailments of society, but it along with the Capitalism it gave birth to, is based on incomplete knowledge therefore flawed. If only Adam Smith was all knowing.... The "Communist Manifesto" was meant to do that but good old Karl underestimated a few things and overestimated a few things. Namely things dealing with human greed. It turns out that greed is related to our instincts dealing with self preservation, nasty little bugger that is.
              Greed is irrelevant. Just another variant of "our theory was perfect, blame human nature for the failures" fallacy.

Marx made many errors but ignoring "human greed" was not one of them; it can actually be said to his credit that he didn't bog himself down in two-cent psychology like that. Marx' fundamental assumption was that as the industry development advanced, the worker's condition would inevitably become worse not better:

Hitherto, every form of society has been based, as we have already seen, on the antagonism of oppressing and oppressed classes. But in order to oppress a class, certain conditions must be assured to it under which it can, at least, continue its slavish existence. The serf, in the period of serfdom, raised himself to membership in the commune, just as the petty bourgeois, under the yoke of the feudal absolutism, managed to develop into a bourgeois. The modern labourer, on the contrary, instead of rising with the process of industry, sinks deeper and deeper below the conditions of existence of his own class. He becomes a pauper, and pauperism develops more rapidly than population and wealth. And here it becomes evident, that the bourgeoisie is unfit any longer to be the ruling class in society, and to impose its conditions of existence upon society as an over-riding law. It is unfit to rule because it is incompetent to assure an existence to its slave within his slavery, because it cannot help letting him sink into such a state, that it has to feed him, instead of being fed by him. Society can no longer live under this bourgeoisie, in other words, its existence is no longer compatible with society.

That, basically is where he went wrong- at assuming that a capitalist society cannot evolve a wealth distribution mechanism through which the increasing wealth of the society would trickle down to the working class. And a few other things.

For those reasons, Capitalism is flawed, Communism is Flawed, everything in between and past is flawed. Even the concept of UBI (which I support) is flawed. I like Gene Roddenberry's "Humans have evolved beyond blah blah blah" as much as the next person but what it means, nobody really knows. Humans aren't rational.
              And the obvious conclusion is that the best economic system for human condition is not one that is dependent on top-down control and universal participation but one that is resilient to croses and reacts to the change of conditions fluidly and spontaneously.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                You based a whole argument on another thread about it, so don't complain now.
                "Want it more" is a commonly used expression down under that is not used in the US?

Let me ask you a question, when you read my posts, do you have it in your mind that you are dealing with a person who does not share your religion?
                Yes.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Aww, Alex jones got the arse from YT, Apple and others today.
                  Awwww...…………..
                  sigpic

Comment

Awwww...…………..

Oh dear how tragic.. Where will people get their information from now?
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Awwww...…………..
                      Nothing like censorship of other people's views to bring a smile to your face, eh?

How very liberal of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Nothing like censorship of other people's views to bring a smile to your face, eh?

How very liberal of you.
                        Wanting to allow the continuation of breaking of a private businesses terms of service because you agree with the content.
                        How very republican of you.
                        Besides he still has his radio program, and he can rant as much as he wants on that, and I would defend his right to do so.
                        sigpic

Comment

Does censorship even apply when most of what he says is slander?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Does censorship even apply when most of what he says is slander?
                            Yes, he has the right to incriminate himself.
                            sigpic

Comment

A few weeks back, someone around here asked if I ever disagreed with the ideas of the Republicans or the far right.
                              Here is such an example.

Poll: Nearly half of Republicans think Trump should have authority to shutter media outlets

Forty-three percent of Republicans think President Trump “should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior,” while only 36 percent disagreed with the statement, according to an Ipsos poll released Tuesday.

A large number of Republicans polled also took issue with the media in general, with 48 percent agreeing that the news media is “the enemy of the American people.” Seventy-nine percent said mainstream media outlets treat Trump “unfairly.”

The Daily Beast first reported the poll results.

While Republicans criticized the media in higher numbers than Democrats and independents, 12 percent of Democrats and 21 percent of independents said the president should have the power to close down news operations “engaged in bad behavior.”

Twelve percent of Democrats and 26 percent of independents agreed the media is “the enemy of the American people."
                              I don't care what party is in power, no government institution should have the right to shutter a media outlet.

Comment

Oh don't worry Alex will cry and scream on his radio show about the evil youtube and apple.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X