This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    A few weeks back, someone around here asked if I ever disagreed with the ideas of the Republicans or the far right.
    Here is such an example.

Poll: Nearly half of Republicans think Trump should have authority to shutter media outlets

I don't care what party is in power, no government institution should have the right to shutter a media outlet.
    These clowns would rather have Fox News or a live feed of the morning church' service on every channel. But let's be real, there's no way that would ever happen.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

It happened back in the Cold War. It very well could happen.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I hardly doubt it. Even citizens from countries that are extremely censored such as China or Russia or Saudi Arabia find ways to access medias / spread news through VPN and proxies.

That is, of course, if net neutrality remains.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

hey MG & Annoyed this one's just for u:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-fraud-766744

the party of family stock values

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

You've got to be kidding me... this again?

"It was in the media, first of all.
            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              Step 1: De-legitimise your opponents.
              Step 2: Demonize them
              Step 3: suggest "removing them"
              Step 4: just kill them.

An oft repeated mantra in history.
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I meant blaming the media again
                Spoiler:

Comment

That's step 1.
                  sigpic

Comment

I think he has done Step 2 and 3
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      He has recommended 4.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey, folks, this is NY. You pretty much have to expect corruption in this neck of the woods, unfortunately.

Comment

Who was talking about NY?
                          "Hey, this is the USA, you just have to expect corruption from trump unfortunately."
                          But I am still with him!!!

That's a special kind of stupid.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Step 1: De-legitimise your opponents.
                            Step 2: Demonize them
                            Step 3: suggest "removing them"
                            Step 4: just kill them.

An oft repeated mantra in history.
                            That's step 1.
                            He has recommended 4.
                            Hey, folks, this is NY. You pretty much have to expect corruption in this neck of the woods, unfortunately.
                            Who was talking about NY?
                            "Hey, this is the USA, you just have to expect corruption from trump unfortunately."
                            But I am still with him!!!

That's a special kind of stupid.
                            Looks to me like you were talking about Collins, the recently arrested NY congresscritter.

Comment

That's step 1.
                              Therefore...

Step 4 = Russia

Did I get this right?
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Corruption is everywhere, we had this huge scandal a few years back when they found out all the construction contracts given to the city of Montreal and Laval were rigged between a handful of entrepreneurs.

They did not EVEN say sorry!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X