This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Regardless of the issue, I just don't think Twitter (or any other social networking media) is an appropriate mechanism for nations to interact with each other.
    No, it isn't and yet, here we are...

And you can't hang this on Trump. How often have prior occupants of the white house such as Obama use Twitter? How often do other countries leaders use it?
    Obama used the official presidential twitter account to tweet, or at least the white house did. I assume the person in charge of social media, in that case.

Trump, however, uses his own twitter account to spread his messages.

I believe, there's your difference.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      No, it isn't and yet, here we are...

Obama used the official presidential twitter account to tweet, or at least the white house did. I assume the person in charge of social media, in that case.

Trump, however, uses his own twitter account to spread his messages.

I believe, there's your difference.
      You really believe that?

What difference does it matter what name he posts under?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Make sure he knows how to check source credibility
        Translation: Don't accept anything that doesn't come from a left biased source.

Comment

I knew you were going to say that.

Source credibility means sources that sources that actually tell facts. Fox News might be conservative biased but I acknowledge its a valid source for the most part
          Your conspiracy theories sites are not
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

You really believe that?
            Obama has his own twitter account, which I reckon is also managed by a social media team.
            I doubt he spends much time tweeting these days.

What difference does it matter what name he posts under?
            White House is the account assigned to the White House as a group of people. Then there is the POTUS, and FLOTUS, account which is the official President (and First lady) account. And then there's Trump using his account as the presidential account, breaking every twitter rule at least once a week, and Jack lets him get away with it at every turn.

All are verified.

The blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic.

Trumpiewumpie is a verified account so should fall under these rules:

Loss of verified status

Twitter reserves the right to remove verification at any time without notice.

Reasons for removal may reflect behaviors on and off Twitter that include:

Intentionally misleading people on Twitter by changing one's display name or bio.

Promoting hate and/or violence against, or directly attacking or threatening other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. Supporting organizations or individuals that promote the above.

Inciting or engaging in harassment of others.

Violence and dangerous behavior.

Directly or indirectly threatening or encouraging any form of physical violence against an individual or any group of people, including threatening or promoting terrorism

Violent, gruesome, shocking, or disturbing imagery

Self-harm, suicide

Engaging in activity on Twitter that violates the Twitter Rules.

In accordance with the Twitter Terms of Service, Twitter may remove the verified badge and verified status of a Twitter account at any time. A verified account may also lose its verified status if changes to the profile settings modify the account’s original purpose.

Previously verified accounts may not be eligible to have badges restored.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Obama has his own twitter account, which I reckon is also managed by a social media team.
              I doubt he spends much time tweeting these days.

White House is the account assigned to the White House as a group of people. Then there is the POTUS, and FLOTUS, account which is the official President (and First lady) account. And then there's Trump using his account as the presidential account, breaking every twitter rule at least once a week, and Jack lets him get away with it at every turn.

All are verified.

The blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic.

Trumpiewumpie is a verified account so should fall under these rules:

Loss of verified status

Twitter reserves the right to remove verification at any time without notice.

Reasons for removal may reflect behaviors on and off Twitter that include:

Intentionally misleading people on Twitter by changing one's display name or bio.

Promoting hate and/or violence against, or directly attacking or threatening other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. Supporting organizations or individuals that promote the above.

Inciting or engaging in harassment of others.

Violence and dangerous behavior.

Directly or indirectly threatening or encouraging any form of physical violence against an individual or any group of people, including threatening or promoting terrorism

Violent, gruesome, shocking, or disturbing imagery

Self-harm, suicide

Engaging in activity on Twitter that violates the Twitter Rules.

In accordance with the Twitter Terms of Service, Twitter may remove the verified badge and verified status of a Twitter account at any time. A verified account may also lose its verified status if changes to the profile settings modify the account’s original purpose.

Previously verified accounts may not be eligible to have badges restored.
              Ok, I don't have a twitter account, so I'm not familiar with the badging.

This makes perfect sense, then. He's dodging left-wing censorship. Good move on Trump's part. And don't bother to try to tell me that FB, Twitter and the rest aren't biased. Regarding the sections you've bolded, In many cases, even failing to advocate for preferential treatment for certain groups, let alone opposing whatever they might be pushing counts as "hate" or inciting violence in their eyes.

How about this? Maybe Trump would use the "official" accounts if they weren't trying to censor him?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Although I agree a private business has the right to operate that business as they see fit, if a business wants to be part of a national discussion forum, they should not engage in censorship in any manner whatsoever. Let everyone speak his piece, and let the listener decide the value of what is said.

Comment

Ok, now that I can get in here again...

Hasn't Trump done a good job of handling the recent Iran crisis? Killed off one of their craziest terrorist fanatics (and don't try to claim he shouldn't have done that, unless you want attack Obama for killing off Bin Laden, too).

Iran's response was a show, for the benefit of his people only. No lives lost and very little damage. Iran clearly and wisely doesn't want to risk pissing Trump off any further. The biggest damage seems to have been Iran shooting down a civilian airliner.

I'd say that Iran has been taught a nice lesson here. There's a new sheriff in town, and they can't pull their crap on us anymore.

I'd call that the best possible outcome.

Almost as good, the Democrats in the US are falling over themselves in their haste to oppose Trump's actions here and in some cases, outright support Iran. That's going to do wonders for them at the voting booth this fall.

I call that a good thing too.

Oh, and by the way, The House has passed a resolution or some such about using the War Powers Act to prevent Trump from taking further action.

Let me bring up the wayback machine:

Last edited by Annoyed; 10 January 2020, 04:52 AM.

Comment

No lives lost?
                  There is a planeload of people who would disagree, and now you are about to be officially out of the Iran deal based on BS OPINION, nothing is going to stop Iran from developing Nukes faster.
                  Good Job Sheriff Tweetstain.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Ok, I don't have a twitter account, so I'm not familiar with the badging.
                    Translation: I don't know what I am talking about
                    This makes perfect sense, then. He's dodging left-wing censorship. Good move on Trump's part. And don't bother to try to tell me that FB, Twitter and the rest aren't biased. Regarding the sections you've bolded, In many cases, even failing to advocate for preferential treatment for certain groups, let alone opposing whatever they might be pushing counts as "hate" or inciting violence in their eyes.
                    Tough crap bub. Private company.
                    How about this? Maybe Trump would use the "official" accounts if they weren't trying to censor him?
                    What makes you think they (twitter) would have any more luck of stopping trump on either account, and before you say that means there is no difference between the 2, there is and FH spelled it out for you.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Although I agree a private business has the right to operate that business as they see fit, if a business wants to be part of a national discussion forum, they should not engage in censorship in any manner whatsoever.
                    Twitter isn't a national conversation, it's a potential discussion between members. Also your interpretation is not very constitutionally original either. I thought you wanted constitutionalst judges, or only when they are convenient?
                    Let everyone speak his piece, and let the listener decide the value of what is said.
                    We do.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      No lives lost?
                      There is a planeload of people who would disagree, and now you are about to be officially out of the Iran deal based on BS OPINION, nothing is going to stop Iran from developing Nukes faster.
                      We had nothing to do with the deaths of those unfortunate souls on the airliner. That was pure raw incompetence on the part of Iran's military. It wasn't their intent, they just screwed up, royally.

And... How much you want to bet we can't stop Iran developing Nukes? Considering the competence of Iran's military as has been so recently demonstrated, I think it's a safe bet that we can turn the whole country into a giant sandbox without using nukes. Scorpion and other critters can't develop slingshots, let alone nukes.

But I don't think that will ever be needed, at least under our current leadership. Iran's "retaliation" was a completely ineffective display, intended merely to keep support for the current regime among Iran's population. They could have at least tried to make a serious strike. Read between the lines on that. It's quite clear that Iran's leadership now realizes that Trump is a different sort of creature than they've faced before. Obama sent pallets of cash, Trump sends a B-52 bomber wing.

And they don't dare piss him off. Trump sent a message, and it was clearly received.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        No lives lost?
                        There is a planeload of people who would disagree
                        That's not on the USA.

, and now you are about to be officially out of the Iran deal based on BS OPINION, nothing is going to stop Iran from developing Nukes faster.
                        Because before that, with the ever-so-awesome deal, something was going to stop Iran from developing nukes?

People who declare that now Iran will effortlessly cruise towards nuclear weapons pretty much admit that the Iran deal was worthless and had no real-life effect on Iran's capacity to develop nuclear weapons.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Hasn't Trump done a good job of handling the recent Iran crisis? Killed off one of their craziest terrorist fanatics
                          who?

ah yes that fake islamist no one knew about
                          and they can't pull their crap on us anymore.
                          what crap? you're mixing up with ISIS & Alqaeda (again)

Almost as good, the Democrats in the US are falling over themselves in their haste to oppose Trump's actions here and in some cases, outright support Iran.
                          as opposed to Trump supporting the real islamists ie. Saudis & ISIS?

Comment

also hellofa way to contradict yourself:
                            Killed off one of their craziest terrorist fanatics
                            they can't pull their crap on us anymore.
                            Iran's response was a show

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              also hellofa way to contradict yourself:
                              Didn't I say to read between the lines?

Comment

Didn't I say to read between the lines?
                                aint nothing between the lines I quoted you're just contradicting yourself

Comment

Working...
                                X