This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I disagree. I think it is possible, but only after the need to compete for resources ends.
    It's inevitable.
    Until then, we trade, or make excuses to go to war.
    If some bright boy invents a clean, unlimited energy supply & matter/energy conversion (a.k.a. Replicators from Star Trek), that will eliminate the need for that competition.
    We have alternatives to fossil fuels, but they can only be used in certain area's, and there may never be a matter/anti-matter engine.
    We have to do the best with what we can do, but the argument that we need "limitless power" or something that works "as well as petrol" simply undercuts the development of those technologies.
    You are self sabotaging technological development.
    Have wind turbines where you can, tidal generators where you can, Solar panels where you can. They may not be as "good" as petrol or coal in terms of sheer energy output, but they are less harmful, and can actually do the job when networked togeather.
    Until then, people and nations have to look out for their own best interests, first, last and always. And that is quite proper.
    Not on a global issue it's not.
    That's what you seem to constantly fail to understand. The smoke from the bushfires currently raging in my home will not just affect us here. The fires will, and that is indeed our problem, but the smoke, the loss of trees to convert CO2 into Ox will have far broader implications for the planet, much like the fires in Cali will have effects across all of America, and the world.

There are some issues we, as a planet need to consider because they cross all boundaries of nation or statehood.
    If someone dropped 50 nukes across the USA, do you seriously, honestly think you would be the only country affected?
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Remember the objections to issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/law-gr...o-voter-fraud/

They've already caught at least one fraudulent attempt to register to vote.

Comment

Remember the objections to issuing driver's licenses to illegal immigrants?

https://nypost.com/2019/06/18/law-gr...o-voter-fraud/
        Hold on...do you think that only US Citizens have gotten driver's licenses in the past? You do realize that green card holders and the holders of certain types of Visas also get driver's licenses in all 50 states, territories, and DC...right? And you realize that none of these non-citizens were allowed to register to vote on the count of not being citizens...right? You do know this, don't you? But I don't blame you. The idiots at nypost probably didn't think about that either.

I don't know how it was in New York, but I can assure you that in order to register to vote at a PA DMV you have to provide proof of citizenship (Passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate) otherwise that step in your license renewal (for those who started driving at 16) is skipped.

So...why haven't any of those non-citizens started voting at large? Oh, right....maybe because they can't?

They've already caught at least one fraudulent attempt to register to vote.
        Didn't see anything about that in the article.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Hold on...do you think that only US Citizens have gotten driver's licenses in the past? You do realize that green card holders and the holders of certain types of Visas also get driver's licenses in all 50 states, territories, and DC...right? And you realize that none of these non-citizens were allowed to register to vote on the count of not being citizens...right? You do know this, don't you? But I don't blame you. The idiots at nypost probably didn't think about that either.

I don't know how it was in New York, but I can assure you that in order to register to vote at a PA DMV you have to provide proof of citizenship (Passport, birth certificate, naturalization certificate) otherwise that step in your license renewal (for those who started driving at 16) is skipped.

So...why haven't any of those non-citizens started voting at large? Oh, right....maybe because they can't?

Didn't see anything about that in the article.
          PA isn't the liberal hellhole that NY is.

Have you heard about NY's recently enacted "green light law"?

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...aud-allegation

Erie County Clerk and outspoken Green Light Law critic Mickey Kearns said his staff caught a red flag, just a day after the new rules went into effect.

The Green Light Law allows people who are in the country illegally to apply for a driver's license.

"On Tuesday, we had a non-citizen who was applying for a CDL, come into this office and register to vote," he said.

Kearns said the rules don't technically affect the person in question because that person had a work visa. However, he pointed out, under the new law, basically anybody can register to vote at auto bureaus.

"I believe that it's going to be proven that the Green Light Law is very corrupt and it's not for driving, it's for registering voters," Kearns said.

The clerk said a staffer noticed the issue last week and in turn he notified the Board of Elections someone was on the voter rolls illegally. However, he said the law essentially requires his workers to turn a blind eye when it comes to status and voter registration.

"When that person is completing that transaction they're asked the question, are you a citizen or not,” Kearns said. “If they answer yes, there is nothing right now that our staff can do. They've been told by the state of New York, stand down. On an E Felony, stand down."
          The whole idea is a backdoor avenue to register illegals to vote.

PS: I've been wondering what your reaction to https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14677707 would be. Perhaps you haven't seen it.

Comment

You DO realise that having a licence does not equal putting you onto the voting rolls, right?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              You DO realise that having a licence does not equal putting you onto the voting rolls, right?
              Of course I do. You do realize what the democraps that run this hellhole are doing, right?
              Read the articles. Driver's license issued to illegals. At the same time, on the same forms, you can register to vote under the state's motor-voter program.

Now, in the article I cited,
              The clerk said a staffer noticed the issue last week and in turn he notified the Board of Elections someone was on the voter rolls illegally. However, he said the law essentially requires his workers to turn a blind eye when it comes to status and voter registration.
              So, at the direction of the state govt., the county clerk is directed to ignore the immigration status of someone registering to vote.

How's that for protecting the integrity of the vote?

Comment

Of course I do. You do realize what the democraps that run this hellhole are doing, right?
                Read the articles. Driver's license issued to illegals. At the same time, on the same forms, you can register to vote under the state's motor-voter program.

Now, in the article I cited,

So, at the direction of the state govt., the county clerk is directed to ignore the immigration status of someone registering to vote.

How's that for protecting the integrity of the vote?
                Why do you care about it now?
                You have made it very clear that voters don't matter, just the system.

This is the price of wanting to "win at all costs"
                Live with it, because you wanted it.
                sigpic

Comment

Why do you care about it now?
                  You have made it very clear that voters don't matter, just the system.

This is the price of wanting to "win at all costs"
                  Live with it, because you wanted it.
                  Waaaa! I don't like the EC 'cause it doesn't benefit my side!!

The EC is the constitutionally designated mechanism for presidential elections. It isn't going away, either. Accept it.

But what NY is doing is different. As its being executed, It's backdoor method of defeating the constitutional requirement of citizenship.

Comment

So why do you always claim "the will of the people"
                    Waaaaahhhh
                    sigpic

Comment

It's not that much different of Annoyed wanting to deny people the constitutional voting rights. I believe you owe me bacon now GF
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        It's not that much different of Annoyed wanting to deny people the constitutional voting rights. I believe you owe me bacon now GF
                        I have no desire to deprive anyone of their LEGAL right to vote. But I do insist on proper documentation and proof of identity.

Why should that be such a hurdle?

Comment

con-servatives do care about the will of the people (except for most of the people)

Comment

Waaaaahhhh
                            Waaagh?
                            Last edited by SoulReaver; 28 December 2019, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I have no desire to deprive anyone of their LEGAL right to vote. But I do insist on proper documentation and proof of identity.

Why should that be such a hurdle?
                              Now you are contradicting yourself. Can't even keep your own lies. More bacon for me
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You guys live in my shed and demand bacon.
                                What else do you want?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X