This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been expecting this for a while now

UN human rights chief 'appalled' by conditions in U.S. migrant detention centres

UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet is "appalled" at the conditions in which the United States is keeping detained migrants and refugees, including children, her office said in a statement on Monday.

"As a pediatrician, but also as a mother and a former head of state, I am deeply shocked that children are forced to sleep on the floor in overcrowded facilities, without access to adequate health care or food, and with poor sanitation conditions," the statement quoted Bachelet as saying.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      now if only the Dems can STFU about it till after the election (assuming they still wanna win)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        now if only the Dems can STFU about it till after the election (assuming they still wanna win)
        I'd rather see them forced to provide decent detention conditions to kids rather than use this for political games.

Think about it, how many of those kids will grow up with trauma or resent for the US? Those camps are terrorists factories for the future generations of kids.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I'd rather see them forced to provide decent detention conditions to kids rather than use this for political games.
          then they can bring it up & attend to the problem ifter they win the election

Comment

Why wait? Some more may die if nothing is done
            Spoiler:

Comment

for now all they can do is talk
              snag is the more they talk now the less their chances of doing anything about it later

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                for now all they can do is talk
                Yeah I know nothing gets done if

snag is the more they talk now the less their chances of doing anything about it later
                You sure about that? I think it helps them to talk precisely about dead children both for the cause and the polls. Public opinion doesn't lean Trump's way, although that doesn't matter bc of EC
                Spoiler:

Comment

You sure about that? I think it helps them to talk precisely about dead children both for the cause and the polls.
                  non-american children
                  you remember what got Don elected right? (he does)

Comment

Don & the neocons play a devilishly clever role in pretending to be dumb but in truth they're a hellofa lot smarter than most Dems

Comment

I still believe a significant portion of Trump's voters are disenchanted and will not vote Stupid in again.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

I believe a significant portion of Trump's voters are ignorant morons
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I believe a significant portion of Trump's voters are ignorant morons
                          that's the one yuge difference between the neocon politicians & their voters

Comment

I don't think anybody seeks to convert those idiots, I mean they are dense and they'll stay that way for life. Guess those are the same guys that are anti-abortion so they keep their lineage pure.

I'm thinking lots of people didn't vote because of Snake VS Trump too.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Although she had no importance in the political world, I had to put one of my cats down today, and she was of great importance to me.

She started acting wonky last night, and was worse this morning, so off to her Vet., which she had been seeing for a number of years. Who immediately referred me to a local pet hospital/emergency facility, which didn't bode well.

Turned out she had apparently been having undiscovered heart problems for a while, and the area around her heart / lungs had filled with fluid, making it increasingly harder for her to breathe, despite having had a physical a month ago, which didn't show any new problems.

She had been taking medication for a thyroid problem, but that was well-controlled. No indication whatsoever that she was sick until last night, didn't eat, lethargic, etc. I attributed that to the hot/humid weather we've been having, all 3 were just lying about. This morning, she had gotten worse, and her breathing was very labored. (She's always been a heavy breather, but no where near this bad).
                              6 hours later, I'm holding her as the vet injects drugs to end her life as there is no hope of further life without suffering. Dead at age 11, which is quite young for an indoor only cat.

She will be missed terribly.
                              so sorry to hear that

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone here has used CBD/THC products and, if so, what has the reaction been? For those who have used it for pain relief, does it help?

If this particular topic is not allowed, feel free to remove it.

Comment

Working...
                                X