This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone here has used CBD/THC products and, if so, what has the reaction been? For those who have used it for pain relief, does it help?
    I haven't -- it's actually not legally available over here, which is ironic since we're a country where cannabis and marihuana can be used freely for personal use -- medical or otherwise.

BUT I have seen the effects it has had on people with Parkinson's disease, against the shaking. It works for some; quite well.
    Also has a remarkable effect on kids suffering from severe forms of epilepsy.

I can only refer to available studies, which aren't many unfortunately.

I think you'd have to try it, to see if it would be helpful or not (if legal, I might add).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

THC is not what you want here, that's the "fun" bit. You need to look for low THC / high CBD strains for what you are after.
      As FH said, there are not a lot of studies out there, but every one I have read have been quite promising.
      If it's legal where you live, speak to a dispensary and look into a vaporizer for delivery so you don't damage your lungs with smoke, or it can be found in pill form as well in some places.

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis...h-cbd-cannabis

Some studies:
      https://www.google.com.au/search?ei=...30.7xClT6Cz8uc
      Last edited by Gatefan1976; 15 July 2019, 05:03 AM.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm wondering if anyone here has used CBD/THC products and, if so, what has the reaction been? For those who have used it for pain relief, does it help?

If this particular topic is not allowed, feel free to remove it.
        I haven't tried/used it, but it apparently has been recently made legal here.

Based solely on the barrage of advertising vendors in this area are laying down, I would be highly doubtful of the various claims made for it.

You know how marketing works; if you have crap, shout longer and louder about it, they'll buy it anyway.

Comment

If this particular topic is not allowed, feel free to remove it.
          My tips are the follow (assuming you never tried):

Don't roll a huge joint like you see on TV, start small or use a spoon it's going to save you trouble rolling. Gage your tolerance.

Don't buy edibles, that sh*t can be potent and there's no stopping it once you ate it.

CBD drops is what my friend uses for muscle pains since she doesn't like smoking.

From personal experience I've had a neck strain last month and I tried everything while waiting for physio. Patches, heat, cold, etc nothing worked but weed does.

Weed works miracle for everything related to muscle pains/arthritis pains
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

For the record ever since it was legalized here they are selling us stuff that is twice as strong as what I used to get from my dealer, and it's clean.
            Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              For the record ever since it was legalized here they are selling us stuff that is twice as strong as what I used to get from my dealer, and it's clean.
              It sounds as if you're talking about legal products that contain THC. (legal where you are, I think). As far as I know, the legal CBD stuff sold in the US does not contain THC, doesn't get you high, etc.

Comment

CBD=medicinal properties
                THC=euphoric properties

Doesn't mean because it's medicinal it won't get you high, it's a body buzz meant to relax you unless you're talking about byproducts using CBD as an ingredient.

It's legal in Maine and NA I believe, two states very similar to my country, places with lots of woods and lakes.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Michigan legalized it in the last election although I voted against it
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

CBD explained -- @Wiki

@NCBI --> A Cross-Sectional Study of Cannabidiol Users

Introduction: Preclinical and clinical studies suggest that cannabidiol (CBD) found in Cannabis spp. has broad therapeutic value. CBD products can currently be purchased online, over the counter and at Cannabis-specific dispensaries throughout most of the country, despite the fact that CBD is generally deemed a Schedule I controlled substance by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and renounced as a dietary supplement ingredient by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Consumer demand for CBD is high and growing, but few studies have examined the reasons for increasing CBD use.

@NCBI --> Cannabidiol in Anxiety and Sleep: A Large Case Series

Context
                    Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of many cannabinoid compounds found in cannabis. It does not appear to alter consciousness or trigger a “high.” A recent surge in scientific publications has found preclinical and clinical evidence documenting value for CBD in some neuropsychiatric disorders, including epilepsy, anxiety, and schizophrenia. Evidence points toward a calming effect for CBD in the central nervous system. Interest in CBD as a treatment of a wide range of disorders has exploded, yet few clinical studies of CBD exist in the psychiatric literature.

Objective
                    To determine whether CBD helps improve sleep and/or anxiety in a clinical population.

@Harvard Medical School --> Cannabidiol (CBD) — what we know and what we don’t
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

My tips are the follow (assuming you never tried):

Don't roll a huge joint like you see on TV, start small or use a spoon it's going to save you trouble rolling. Gage your tolerance.

Don't buy edibles, that sh*t can be potent and there's no stopping it once you ate it.

CBD drops is what my friend uses for muscle pains since she doesn't like smoking.

From personal experience I've had a neck strain last month and I tried everything while waiting for physio. Patches, heat, cold, etc nothing worked but weed does.

Weed works miracle for everything related to muscle pains/arthritis pains
                      and I think I read somewhere that there are already "watered down" blends of CBD oil with other oils that don't do a thing (similar in concept to bartenders watering down drinks to make more money by not using as much real product)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                        and I think I read somewhere that there are already "watered down" blends of CBD oil with other oils that don't do a thing (similar in concept to bartenders watering down drinks to make more money by not using as much real product)
                        Restaurants do that with soft drinks...the amount of ice for my cokes (for clarity...coca-cola) is ridiculous!!!
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                          Restaurants do that with soft drinks...the amount of ice for my cokes (for clarity...coca-cola) is ridiculous!!!
                          Life-hack: For both Rum & Cokes and Cokes, tell them WITHOUT ice when you order!

Ah!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Life-hack: For both Rum & Cokes and Cokes, tell them WITHOUT ice when you order!

Ah!
                            But then I order iced tea and I'm like "HA! Joke's on you!!!!"
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

*drinks Chaka's rum and coke*
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Thanks for the comments everybody. I have tried CBD products and not found any that work for me (mostly for pain relief). I have to wonder if maybe the tinctures I tried were watered down. I have recently tried a couple of products with CBD and THC and found that they at least have a modest affect.I will keep trying in order to find a product that works well for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X