Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now it looks like the Democrats are trying to rehash one of folks (Ramirez )who accused Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings.

Yawn.

Trump is right on this; Kavanaugh ought to start filing libel suits against these false accusers.

But more importantly, WHY are they doing this now? Maybe they have inside info that another SCOTUS seat might be opening soon?

Comment

You can't know they are false since Trump wont let them be investigated. Yay for more sweeping probable crimes under the rug
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You can't know they are false since Trump wont let them be investigated. Yay for more sweeping probable crimes under the rug
        Wanna bet?

New York Times sinks its Kavanaugh claim with Editor's Note stating alleged victim 'does not recall the incident'

In the updated version of the article, the following passage was added: "the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say she does not recall the episode."

"An earlier version of this article, which was adapted from a forthcoming book, did not include one element of the book's account regarding an assertion by a Yale classmate that friends of Brett Kavanaugh pushed his penis into the hand of a female student at a drunken dorm party. The book reports that the female student declined to be interviewed and friends say that she does not recall the incident. That information has been added to the article," read the editor's note at the bottom of the story that was added Sunday evening.
        Seems that there is nothing to investigate. Just another cheap trick on the part of the left.

Oh, and there was an investigation during confirmation. If you recall, the hearings were delayed to allow for it.
        Only problem is that just as with the Mueller report, it didn't lead to the conclusion the left wanted.

Comment

You're in denial. That was not an investigation given how Trump handicapped the FBI
          Jelgate is right

Comment

You're in denial. That was not an investigation given how Trump handicapped the FBI
            I say all his issues should have the same level of "investigation"
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Pretty hard to have an investigation 30 years later, particularly when the alleged victim (Ford) can't remember the details of where it supposedly happened, her corroborating witness says they don't remember it happening either.

All they had was bupkis, and apparently that's all they have this time, too. It was never anything but a cheap attempt at character assassination because the left couldn't stand losing the power of the SCOTUS.

Which make me wonder if there is some as yet not known evidence that a SCOTUS seat might be open in the near future, which would inevitably result in a 6-3 SCOTUS.

They just can't accept that they lost in 2016.

Comment

You're making things up again. I call BS on unable to invesi. Law enforcement has solved older cases
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Gotta wonder though, while he has every right to call out Omar, whether he realizes that 15 of the 19 terrorists that day were Saudia Arabian nationals. The same country Trumpy-wumpy wants to start a war with Iran for.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Gotta wonder though, while he has every right to call out Omar, whether he realizes that 15 of the 19 terrorists that day were Saudia Arabian nationals. The same country Trumpy-wumpy wants to start a war with Iran for.
                    I think it's religion, rather than nationality that is the issue. I don't think we've seen a sect of SA citizens declaring that they want to kill non-Saudis, as we have with a sect of the Muslim religion, which is what Omar was specifically bending over backwards to say.

Comment

You're making things up again. I call BS on unable to invesi. Law enforcement has solved older cases
                      With the accuser unable to remember the details. no corroboration, etc? Face it, they didn't have enough to present to a grand jury, let alone convict.

I know, the only "complete" investigation you and the left would accept was one that denied his entry onto the SCOTUS because he's a conservative. But that wasn't the official goal of the investigation, was it?

Just as the only acceptable outcome of the Mueller probe was confirmation of collusion and impeachment. The truth doesn't mean squat to the political left in this country, the only thing that matters is undoing the results of 2016.

What are the going to do after Trump wins re-election in 2020?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        With the accuser unable to remember the details. no corroboration, etc? Face it, they didn't have enough to present to a grand jury, let alone convict.
                        That's not how it works.
                        I know, the only "complete" investigation you and the left would accept was one that denied his entry onto the SCOTUS because he's a conservative. But that wasn't the official goal of the investigation, was it?
                        I don't care which way it went. If he was clean, he's clean, and the job is his.
                        Just as the only acceptable outcome of the Mueller probe was confirmation of collusion and impeachment.
                        He was found innocent of collusion, so that's fine.
                        It was found that if he were not potus, he would have been charged with obstruction of justice. As normal you ignore the details.
                        The truth doesn't mean squat to the political left in this country, the only thing that matters is undoing the results of 2016.
                        It can't be done via impeachment.
                        What are the going to do after Trump wins re-election in 2020?
                        What will trump do if he is not?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          What will trump do if he is not?
                          I suspect that he will go back to being a rich guy, living the life of the rich. Maybe write a book, and open a library somewhere.

And reflect on the positive aspects of his time in office, 2 (Maybe 3) SCOTUS seats, as well as numerous other lower court appointments.

A booming economy resurrected from the depths the prior administration left him with. Remember Obama & the Dems telling us that economic depression was the "new normal"? Didn't seem to work out that way, did it? Look at our current economic stats.

At least some progress on stemming the flow of illegals coming into the country.

Trump isn't perfect, not by a long shot. But from my and many other people's point of view, he's done a lot of good for this nation. Granted, much of it will be fleeting, but the court appointments will have a lasting positive effect.

Comment

I suspect he will be charged with obstruction the day he leaves office, and he knows it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh he will live the life of a rich man but he isn't as rich as we think he is. There is a lot we don't know but I do know he's got a lot of debts. Why else wouldn't he relinquish his tax filings?

But he'll most likely end up in a suit of the same color than his face.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The better question is what do we do when he refuses to leave office when he loses?
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X