Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are better off asking SGAlisa that one.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Oh, I know the answer perfectly well, there are. I won't bore you with the details. The question was rhetorical.
      Point was that you can pick prophecies to fit whatever circumstance you want.

Comment

Yes you can.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          ...If there was a SHIFT in climate temperatures on a global scale centuries ago, *what* exactly caused it?

These are questions that seem to get pushed aside, when contrasted with current events and global temperatures that exist now. This is what buggers people who disagree with the whole
          "OMG--global warming, we're all gonna drown from the earth getting hotter..!!" frenzy.
          Just heard on the radio the other day that environmentalists who have been tracking the weather and ocean tides, etc., the coastline of New Jersey USA has risen a whole 3.5 inches within the last 30 years... That's 30 years = ONE + some fraction of an inch per year. Also, found a report from some scientific journal that stated within the last 100 years, the ocean has risen a total of 12.5 inches (or something like that). Okay, that's only 6.25 inches per every 50 years.. sticks similar to the the 30 year report.. Nothing to be alarmed at YET. At least NOT on the scale of rising 100 to 200 FEET within the next 20 to 50 years.. "Oh my!!!"

For more detailed statistics, here is a report from the US EPA, (page was Last updated on December 17, 2016)
          "Climate Change Indicators: Sea Level"

I also saw an article about the southern NJ shoreline having tidal waves that have risen about ONE foot over the recent decade (that's around when Al Gore started spouting off his fearsome, global warming rants). Well, if the other report is more reliable and ONLY 3.5 inches of the ocean has actually risen, why is high tide a foot higher, or the tidal waves higher? Is it geologically possible that since our underground aquifers are being drained faster that --just maybe-- the earth has SUNK a few inches like the sinkholes do in Florida on a regular basis..?

Maybe the edge of the shoreline has caved in a tad few inches, because whatever was holding the earth's landmass up underneath is collapsing..?? Makes sense to me. However, this sinking earth theory seems to be off the radar, because the icebergs melting are more important. Hey, my ice cube trays seem to rise higher when they're frozen over, but decrease in height when they're melted.. explain that one, *please Lucy.* hmmm...

Oh, and here's a new one! Methane bubbles from some explosion that occurred over 12,000 years ago are seen on the Arctic's ocean floor. Pretty cool.. but "methane" is what is supposed to be causing the global warming issue... The ice caps at the north pole are melting..! Oh no!! And it's how cold down on that ocean sea floor??

Here is another *scary* report with video, etc...
          caution! video starts up automatically... and recycles later with some sort of auto start...

"Oceanfloor Craters Hint Of Potential Arctic Methane Explosions In The Future"
          By Luan Chan, Tech Times
          3 June 2017, 8:57 am EDT
          Same news, different perspective..
          caution-- this site has video ads that seem to autoplay...

"Arctic Methane Explosion Still Leaks Out Gas After 12,000 Years"
          by Lorenzo Tanos
          June 4, 2017

An Arctic methane explosion that took place close to 12,000 years ago resulted in several large craters at the bottom of the ocean, a new study has discovered. But what stands out as interesting is the fact that thousands of years later, gas is still seeping out slowly from the seafloor.

The study published earlier this week in the journal Science details yet another set of findings regarding these explosions that took place over the past thousands of years. And with climate change very much a hot-button topic these days, scientists are wondering whether it's possible that these Arctic methane explosions may take place in the future, and how they could play a part in global warming, according to the Washington Post.

Researchers involved in the new study are especially concerned, as methane was found to be leaking "profusely" from the craters. As Phys.org explained, methane is a so-called "greenhouse gas" that has been cited as one of the leading drivers of climate change.
          . . .
          I'd say with the Washington Post being mentioned, Oh Boy!! Just what the fearmongering climate change folks need on their side... But the supposed reality that this methane explosion occurred 12,000 years ago and is still bubbling? That right there should shut the critics right up about WHAT is causing the problem.. it's underground -- under the ocean floor -- and how cold is the ocean floor at that level? COLD. Hydrothermal Volcanic vents cause warming on the ocean floors too seeping with bubbles of *what* again?? CO2..?

Earth is in constant change. Nothing new there. It's always moving, expanding, shrinking, rising, collapsing, whatever... That is the info I grew up with. That was the earth science I was taught about in high school. I think the educational system dropped that for something more fearsome and jaw-dropping, just to keep the kids awake and freak out, so they'd have something to talk about other than falling asleep in science classes.

Aside from the Paris environmental accord attempting to get ALL the nations on board with caring more for the earth and cleaning up the toxic environmental factors caused by man and various industries built by mankind, the USA has been trudging along doing its part of cleanup ever since the 1970's. I don't know too many people who would still jump into the rivers surrounding Staten Island and Manhatten NYC, NY, but not sure if they're much cleaner than back in the 1960's, when I saw those rivers up close sticking my tootsies in on a hot summer day on the pier near my grandpa's house. blech..!

If people knew what was in the cleaner brooks and creeks further inland (in the USA), I'm not sure if they'd want to go barefoot too often in those waters either. They may *look* clean enough to drink from, but I certainly wouldn't do it.. not now anyway. I can't even drink local Spring water, because it generates carbon bubbles that makes my stomach nauseas. Yet some filtered tap water is okay, so far.. and "Reverse Osmosis" systems work the best.

USA states should just do the natural *right* option and continue cleaning up their own wastes for a better environment all round, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks or does. NJ set into motion the regulatory standards that started the whole EPA process (rightly so, because Union, NJ is still a toxic breathing region!). However, California goes too far being environmentally PC. Not sure about the other states, but most of them are on board with regulatory clean-ups.. and they don't need a global reminder to do whatever they've been working on at their local levels.

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Nineveh was prophesied to be destroyed, ...
            Daesh took care of it in the end.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Aren't there other prophecies which state that if a nation falls from the path laid out by God, that nation will fall?
            According to legend, should the ravens in the Tower of London leave London, the Kingdom will fall.

Therefore, the groundskeepers were instructed to clip their wings.
            However, recent fox activity has made it necessary for the birds to keep their wings long enough to fly out of the animals' line of sight. Therefore, it is quite possible they would be able to fly off and not return.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

regarding Politics and world wars...

Pay no attention to the little war about to begin over in the Middle East between the M.E. countries -- because instead, there's 24/7 priority MSM *FOCUS* on what can be done to get the USA's President Trump ousted.

"'I expect loyalty,' Trump told Comey, according to written testimony "
              National Security (as written in the Washington Post)
              By Devlin Barrett, June 7 at 6:43 PM

Fired FBI director James B. Comey said President Trump told him at the White House "I need loyalty, I expect loyalty" during their private dinner conversation in January, according to written remarks from Comey offering a vivid preview of his testimony Thursday before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

In seven remarkable pages of prepared testimony, Comey describes a president obsessed with loyalty and publicly clearing his name amid an FBI investigation of his associates, and the FBI director's growing unease with the nature of the demands being made of him in their private conversations.
              . . .

WCBS radio news (880 AM) basically said the same thing about Comey's advance statement -- that maybe there is something in his testimony that will be very damaging against Trump. ...Claiming that Trump kept demanding "loyalty" and Comey kept promising the truth. Then Comey got fired.

Is Loyalty to Trump the only problem here? Probably not. But if the emphasis on Comey's testimony is going to be about his devoted *loyalty* in Trump's service, then why not examine under a microscope Comey's Loyalty to the entire President Obama's Admin team, especially regarding the new evidence that suddenly appeared against Hillary Clinton's July 2016 email/server testimonies. What could be so damaging or innocent in that situation??

If Comey's testimony on the Trump/Russia issues, or whatever else, is cause for Trump to be (overly) concerned -- and this situation escalates into the Dems getting Trump ousted.. oh yee Dems who have forgotten their own session encounters with Comey --

When Comey came out prior to the elections of 2016 and claimed back then about Hillary Clinton's email *scandal* was being brought back to surface --tho those who were not privy to the info kept wondering WHAT *new* info was that was soooooooooooo destructive, that it could have put Hillary Clinton into Fed prison for the rest of her life.. but at the last minute he
              clammed up and shut up.

What applies to Trump's situation now, should also be applied to Hillary Clinton's situation back in 2016... Otherwise, don't make serious *Mama Drama* over something declared as (potentially) significant new evidence then back off at the last moment, as if someone "got to him"... lots of voices *out there* wondering WHAT the Clintons and Obama/Obama's Admin team had on Comey (as in possible blackmail if he ruled into the negative against Hillary Clinton). Even many in the FBI AND the NYPD were complaining about Comey backing off at the last moment, as if he was holding something back because he was told from TPTB to shut his pie-hole/mouth.

Many people tracking this situation were also aware of the *strange* coincidence about how Hillary Clinton decided she wanted to run for Mayor of NYC, NY.. Who oversees and financially authorizes the NYPD to operate in certain ways/methods? The Mayor, of course.
              hmmmm....
              Not sure if Hillary Clinton will seek out that role, but she *is* grooming her daughter Chelsea to take over the family's role in politics.

Also, why is it that prior to 2016, Russia was treated as one of Hillary Clinton's best supporters by buying up about 25% of our USA uranium? But later, when the USA election campaigns were active, and President Obama's military was bombing the opposite side of who Russia was siding with, Trump became USA President, Russia suddenly became the *eeeeeeeevil Empire*..?

BTW, if the establishment Republicans and Dems against Trump ever DO get Trump ousted, and continue to block his efforts at trying to get this country moving into a positive direction foward again, say hello to the former DEM teams getting back into office and running this USA country effectively into the ground.

Apparently, (especially the Dems) they're NOT happy with the current chaos -- they instead want the USA so crippled that we will be living back in the middle ages again -- Feudal Times, but not with the Renaissance pleasantries--if there ever was such a thing--but instead with FEUDs and crime sky-rocketing worse than the worst crime plagued areas are now.. Plus, everyone dying off because there won't be anything to keep most of us alive and healthy ever again, unless some folks manage to actually get out of the crippled zones to 21st century living again.

What's the matter? Simply playing with (supposedly harmless) Video games aren't enough? They have to live out their fantasies by tossing millions and billions of monetary funding into satiating their ego's in *OUR* real-world reality and drag in the rest of us folks who want NO part of that sort of life, or suffer from the consequences of whatever disastrous fallout occurs thereof..?

The news around the internet within the past year has revealed that there are far more people at the top of the ultra elite TPTB that *may* very well be controlling world events by tossing money into various groups from many directions -- just to juggle the dice so to speak. If such a world is merely a Hunger GAME (of literal Thrones) to these PTB, that is a very sad state of our world.

Also, from a prophetic POV, if whatever happens ends up turning into a MAJOR World War (which it already almost is) includes getting our USA people directly involved in greater world conflicts, such as a MAJOR war about to break out between Iran and whoever is bigger than they are (say Saudi Arabia or the Islamic State).. no more proxy battles (someone else substitutes for such and such country), but actual direct conflict to the bitter end -- then, there will be some folks who won't be too surprised if that happens.. they've been expecting this, but didn't know where, who, how or when such a situation would actually happen. And it is possible that the countries involved may be part of the whole biblical Ezekiel 38-39 war. Even Islam expects some sort of End of the World/Age scenario Muslim conflict too, but they have a different outcome scenario.

So . . . is our 21st century about to step onto the very edge of seeing this Major prophecy actually happen?

Comment

Meant to reply in the same previous post, but stuff got in the way of things...

Just heard on the radio the other day that environmentalists who have been tracking the weather and ocean tides, etc., the coastline of New Jersey USA has risen a whole 3.5 inches within the last 30 years... That's 30 years = ONE + some fraction of an inch per year. Also, found a report from some scientific journal that stated within the last 100 years, the ocean has risen a total of 12.5 inches (or something like that). Okay, that's only 6.25 inches per every 50 years.. sticks similar to the the 30 year report.. Nothing to be alarmed at YET. At least NOT on the scale of rising 100 to 200 FEET within the next 20 to 50 years.. "Oh my!!!"
                I did a specific search for the New Jersey coastline, and you left out one important detail (convenient, or because it didn't fit the narrative perhaps):

All shorelines (including the New Jersey shore) are dynamic environments that are constantly being reshaped by sea level rise, storms, and currents.

Furthermore...

In the 20th century, sea level rose by 12 inches at bedrock locations (Bayonne, Trenton, and Camden). Along the Jersey shore from Sandy Hook to Cape May, it rose an additional four inches due to compaction of sediments caused by natural effects and groundwater withdrawal. There is a 95% probability that the 20th century rate of sea-level rise along the New Jersey shore was faster than it was in any century in the last 4,000 years.

Therefore...

Damage from storms will increase as sea level rises. Sandy had a storm tide (sum of surge and tide) of 13.9 ft in NYC and 8.9 ft at Atlantic City. Sandy was added onto the 12-16 inch 20th century sea level rise, causing it to flood an area 27 square miles greater than it would have in 1880, increasing the number of people living on land lower than the storm tide by about 38,000 in New Jersey. A sea-level rise of 1.5 ft (our central estimate) would cause the 1-in-10 year flood at Atlantic City (the flood level that has a 1-in-10 chance of happening in any given year) to exceed the highest flood level experienced over the last century.

Sea-level rise in New Jersey fact sheet
                Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences -- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences
                Geology Department of the Rutgers University

They even build a wesbite for mapping the flooding:
                New Jersey Interactive Online Sea Level Rise and Flood Mapping Website (PDF introduction)

NJ Flood Mapper (website)

Maybe the edge of the shoreline has caved in a tad few inches, because whatever was holding the earth's landmass up underneath is collapsing..?? Makes sense to me. However, this sinking earth theory seems to be off the radar...
                See above to explain the shoreline-problem.

...because the icebergs melting are more important. Hey, my ice cube trays seem to rise higher when they're frozen over, but decrease in height when they're melted.. explain that one, *please Lucy.* hmmm..
                I can't remember where the discussion was had on this forum, but we talked about melting ice in a glass in the kitchen. And there was one thing your water in that glass was missing -- salt and heat.

...thawing Arctic land ice can raise sea levels even more via a mechanism called thermal expansion. “In a warmer climate the ocean absorbs a lot of extra heat from the climate system, and as a result it becomes less dense,” Rignot explains. As Arctic land ice melts into the sea, there is more ocean water overall—and thus more water to heat up and expand as the climate warms, which drives up sea levels even more. “The amount it expands is significant, enough that we can measure it,” Dutton says. From 1993 to 2010 thermal expansion added an average of 1.1 millimeters of sea level rise per year, according to the International Panel on Climate Change Fifth Assessment Report (pdf).
                Source: Scientific American

Oh, and here's a new one! Methane bubbles from some explosion that occurred over 12,000 years ago are seen on the Arctic's ocean floor. Pretty cool.. but "methane" is what is supposed to be causing the global warming issue... The ice caps at the north pole are melting..! Oh no!! And it's how cold down on that ocean sea floor??
                I assume you mean methane hydrate, which is not so new and which is indeed in large quantities available underneath the Arctic ice. However, you seem to mix up who's fault it is those deposits are loosing their methane gas, because it only escapes when the ice in which it's hidden melts around it or when it would be improperly mined --> see this very interesting geology article: Methane Hydrate - The world's largest natural gas resource is trapped beneath permafrost and ocean sediments.

And here's an article about methane gas in the ice from the University of Washington: Warmer Pacific Ocean could release millions of tons of seafloor methane

Aside from the Paris environmental accord attempting to get ALL the nations on board with caring more for the earth and cleaning up the toxic environmental factors caused by man and various industries built by mankind...
                At least you acknowledge that...

...the USA has been trudging along doing its part of cleanup ever since the 1970's.
                And shall continue to do so long into the future with all those pipelines spilling oil all along it's course.

If people knew what was in the cleaner brooks and creeks further inland (in the USA), I'm not sure if they'd want to go barefoot too often in those waters either. They may *look* clean enough to drink from, but I certainly wouldn't do it.. not now anyway. I can't even drink local Spring water, because it generates carbon bubbles that makes my stomach nauseas. Yet some filtered tap water is okay, so far.. and "Reverse Osmosis" systems work the best.
                And yet, when Standing Rock happened, you were silent. Not your drinkwater, I assume.

USA states should just do the natural *right* option and continue cleaning up their own wastes for a better environment all round, regardless of what the rest of the world thinks or does.
                You're missing the point we're all living on the same planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  You're missing the point we're all living on the same planet.
                  Then why didn't the paris scam treat all nations the same? China? or someone else was given a pass till 2030.. India was given a pass until somebody paid them billions of dollars to do it... And yet the west (read: US) was expected to pay significantly higher costs?
                  That deal was an attempt to levy taxes on the US, nothing more. And we are well clear of it.
                  I don't advocate carelessly trashing the environment. We should be good and careful stewards of it. But there are an awful lot of unprovable claims that are simply being used as an excuse to transfer wealth from the US and its citizens.

Comment

Pay no attention to the little war about to begin over in the Middle East between the M.E. countries...
                    What war?

Do you mean Qatar getting isolated, and Dumb Trump tweeting him being responsible for it, utterly not knowing there's a US military base in Qatar? Woopsies!

Or his continued foot-in-mouth moments after the attacks in London or Tehran?

WCBS radio news (880 AM) basically said the same thing about Comey's advance statement -- that maybe there is something in his testimony that will be very damaging against Trump. ...Claiming that Trump kept demanding "loyalty" and Comey kept promising the truth. Then Comey got fired.
                    Don't worry, the Repubs won't throw Trumpy under the bus that easily. They need him to be dumb and puppet-like, so they can forward their personal agendas.

Is Loyalty to Trump the only problem here? Probably not.
                    The FBI is not "loyal" to any party. It's "loyal" to the constitution and the justice system.
                    It doesn't work for the President. It works for the American people. It works for you.

Only a dictator needs his justice system loyal to him.

Also, why is it that prior to 2016, Russia was treated as one of Hillary Clinton's best supporters by buying up about 25% of our USA uranium?
                    LOL -- should have known you buy into that conspiracy theory.

Russian to Judgment
                    Allegations of a "quid pro quo" deal giving Russia ownership of one-fifth of U.S. uranium deposits in exchange for $145 million in donations to the Clinton Foundation are unsubstantiated.

BTW, if the establishment Republicans and Dems against Trump ever DO get Trump ousted, and continue to block his efforts at trying to get this country moving into a positive direction foward again....

Credibility of the US is way down. The leaders of the free world, Merkel and Macron, are so far ahead of your orange buffoon he can't even see their silhouettes on the horizon. The rest of the world is dropping the US like a rock.

Apparently, (especially the Dems) they're NOT happy with the current chaos -- they instead want the USA so crippled that we will be living back in the middle ages again...
                    Technically speaking, the US never had a middle ages so it would be a first for you guys.
                    You never had a feudal system in place.

And here I though the GOP had the majority, so who is sending you back in time exactly?

What's the matter? Simply playing with (supposedly harmless) Video games aren't enough? [COLOR="#B22222"]
                    You clearly never played COD: Warfare, Medal of Honor, Doom, ... Need for Speed... You're not a gamer.

Let science speak: Lack of Evidence That Neural Empathic Responses Are Blunted in Excessive Users of Violent Video Games: An fMRI Study

In this study 15 excessive users of violent games and control subjects matched for age and education viewed pictures depicting emotional and neutral situations with and without social interaction while fMRI activations were obtained. While the typical pattern of activations for empathy and theory of mind networks was seen, both groups showed no differences in brain responses. We interpret our results as evidence against the desensitization hypothesis and suggest that the impact of violent media on emotional processing may be rather acute and short-lived.

Even Islam expects some sort of End of the World/Age scenario Muslim conflict too, but they have a different outcome scenario.
                    Every religion has an apocalypse, each one based off the same one and then altered to fit in with narrative. Ragnarok, the end of the world, ... it's everywhere.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 09 June 2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

http://www.laciviltacattolica.it/art...ing-ecumenism/
                      sigpic

Comment

Found that article on my twitter feed, posted by Robert Picardo. That was a very interesting read Saturday morning. Meant to post it here -- but you clearly beat me to it.

Comment

NASA is hiring a planetary protection officer with a possible six digit salary. Well, that's nice til reading the article. Basically, good points is to explore space and protect earth from those nasty E.T.'s that might be plotting on invading our tiny earth when it is least able to protect itself.

Sorry guys/gals, but the FATE of the earth has already been decided. Humans made that decision and the outcome ain't very pretty. More on that later.

As to the other issue NASA's job entails, according to the article, is that this planetary protection officer's role is to
                          "pursue studies of outer space ... and conduct exploration of them so as to avoid their harmful contamination and also adverse changes in the environment of the Earth resulting from the introduction of extraterrestrial matter".

DING!! DING!! DING!!!! So, based on all of the current griping from our current generation of awesome wisdom how does one NOT contaminate another planetary body outside of the earth without putting one's self or objects on or in it? Sterilizing measures on earth may not work on other planets, given the reality that we don't KNOW what living/non-living items exist on those planets to begin with. Once you introduce earth germs OR materials onto that other planet or moon, you've already contaminated the planet with something that came from earth!!

Silly people. They need to re-clarify what is permissible to do in setting up new colonies of humans, animals, and any other life coming from earth and making a new home elsewhere in this vast universe! Otherwise, might as well just never move off the earth nor explore space physically to PROTECT it (the other planet/moon/object) from getting earth germs onto or in it.
                          I think that is what an eppy of Stargate SG-1 called "terra-forming"..?

Here is the article in spoiler quotes. Bold & color font emphasis mine.
                          Spoiler:
                          Caution -- video starts up automatically and with loud volume (could NOT find a volume control key anywhere, so I hit my own volume's MUTE key!

"Nasa offering six-figure salary for new 'planetary protection officer' to defend Earth from aliens"
                          by Rachael Revesz, 3 days ago

Job requires 'frequent travel' – but only US citizens and nationals can apply
                          NASA is hiring someone who can defend Earth from alien contamination.

The full-time role of "planetary protection officer" will involve ensuring that humans in space do not contaminate planets and moons, as well as ensuring that alien matter does not infect Earth.

The pay is a six-figure salary: as much as $187,000 (£141,000) a year plus benefits.
                          . . .
                          The three-year position – with a chance to extend it to five years – was created after the US signed the Outer Space Treaty of 1967...
                          . . .
                          Under the international 1967 treaty, she explained that any space mission must have less than a one in 10,000 chance of contaminating an alien world, including making sure a robot or probe that is travelling past or photographing a planet does not cause harm.

"It's a moderate level," Ms Conley said. "It's not extremely careful, but it's not extremely lax."
                          . . .

Seriously, the only way to guarantee preventing contamination from earth based germs,etc., is to stay the BLANK OFF the other planet/moon/object completely!! No-brainer there. But if that is the way this super-sensitive and contradictory goal is going to be accomplished, have at it...!

As far as protecting the earth from E.T. *sentient* alien invaders, good luck on that too.
                          Apart from the possibility of ancient astronauts visiting the earth centuries ago, the only future "evidence" of probable invasion is listed in the Bible at Revelation 19:11-21. Good luck in fighting against that folks. TPTB of Earth humans lose. E.T. aliens WIN.

That day --if/when-- it ever does happen -- and happens exactly or close to the details as mentioned, based on it's written Biblical record, will not only be a day of reckoning, but a day so many of the oppressed earthling humans will be looking forward to.
                          . . .

Comment

This is CURSED, that is CURSED, EVERYTHING IS CURSED!!

Oh, and why are you worried about changes in the environment now?
                            sigpic

Comment

If I'm dying on this planet, I'm taking you with me GF
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Will you swear on your Troth?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X