Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Is it that crazy under the belief structure?
    The prophecy must come to pass, why not "help it along" a bit?

Now yes, you and I consider that crazy, we could even point to biblical references about how egocentric it would be to do that and how it betrays the faith.
    -but these people do not care-
    I simply don't understand them. I haven't had much of a chance to speak with many,
    but the experience I have had is that of people who are truly interested and invested in their faith.
    But at the same time, it's so plainly spoken. Plainness isn't a bad thing. But they take it to a whole entire new level hand waving away different issues and considerations. I have found them lacking of a separate Christian identity. Their identity can be quite material and earthly. Don't get me wrong, there are some Born Again Christians who do have more depth to it and do separate the earthly with the heavenly. But I find it that their belief structure lends itself greatly to materialism and why you'd find prosperity gospels springing up.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Ever hear the old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"?
      By that logic, we'd still be hunting and gathering.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        By that logic, we'd still be hunting and gathering.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Here is one for you SG.
          Some born again/evangelicals voted for trump -BECAUSE- they believe he is the anti-Christ and they feel it is their duty to bring forth the rapture.
          Still no answer?
          Good thing this is not on a timetable or anything................
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Still no answer?
            Is there an official countdown clock?

Or is it variable -- like Microsoft minutes which count up and down at random.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Is there an official countdown clock?
              -Biblically-, no one will know the time or place, there will be no definitive signs. That's why this is a joke, or an attempt at self actualization.
              Or is it variable -- like Microsoft minutes which count up and down at random.
              It's belief selective, like minutes, but they may or may not be real.
              sigpic

Comment

Still no answer?
                You expect me to answer so soon? Jeeze.. I dropped by for a few minutes and had to leave. Was thinking of replying but got interrupted several times, and can't write anything off the top of my head at the moment... but bleep-bleep, have I been *thinking* plenty... You'll just have to wait... thought of writing something short, but it might turn into another novel (in addition to what is noted in this quickie post).

Also, had MAJOR things going on at the homefront. Things like birthdays and ohhhhhhhh, the internet keeps updating programs... found out the night the plug went out - we got upgraded and phone service required MAJOR repair (that affected internet access, too)... oh, and computer headaches because the hardware was old and dying... still not replaced.

Plus, age related (*beauty*) sleep needed...
                Been on FB for hours every day, because one of my friends likes to post a zillion messages for me to look at. Trying to find a happy medium and hope she'll run out of things to look for.... LOL...

If I have time from all of our home event things, maybe I'll be back. Meantime... I think you're all looking in the wrong direction -- that is a nice way of saying you're all nutzo.
                Trump is NOT the anti-Christ, he's just a thorn in the Dems POV and mind. I had a better word for that, but can't remember it now ~ I've heard that "Memory" is the first to go... except mine was never there to begin with....

And there is no theocracy system being enforced. We almost went into a dictatorship under the Obama Administration, but that's too complicated to explain here. Been thru all that info before, anyway.

BTW, Bernie Sanders said that Trump wasn't "presidential" in his State of the Union address, because Trump didn't mention (or focus on) Climate Change!!! OMG... 50 years ago, I've seen these weather patterns change before and repeat in cycles. We're experiencing CLIMATE "conditions" that I grew up with... Bernie needs to give it a rest, along with Nancy Pelosi and her antics. I forgot what nutty comments she was making.

Anywho, Trump being "President" is just a bump in the fabric of time. Time of grace for some of us to recuperate from our paychecks getting whittled down from the Obama Administration gobbling whatever they could under the ACHA... it was choking the industries under the EPA regulations. Trump eased some of those back, but not all of them.

Oh, and here's a future shocker for travelers... California wants to TAX people for every mile they travel by vehicle (not human powered bicycles, either). California is DEM controlled, under the State regulatory system. This is what they want for the rest of the USA, too.

As for sticking to prophecy... True, Biblical Christianity is slipping away. It won't be a prominent factor when the last major world war starts/ends. The "Christianity" that is replacing fundamental Bible beliefs is watered down. This is what is invading many Churches now in the USA. Some of the comments in the past few pages of this topic here, sound frantic for nothing.
                You're all worried about nothing! "OMG, the world's gonna END...!!!"
                yeah, eventually, but not now, and not the way some of you may be thinking. But since most of you don't believe in the Bible prophecies (which are merely being tracked in this topic -- to see/witness how true or not is actually may be), so WHY are you sooooooooooo worried ~ if *none* of it is true, thus won't ever happen?

Sorry for the choppy, cryptic sounding comments, but I've got other home-related things to tend to at the moment. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  Anywho, Trump being "President" is just a bump in the fabric of time. Time of grace for some of us to recuperate from our paychecks getting whittled down from the Obama Administration gobbling whatever they could under the ACHA... it was choking the industries under the EPA regulations. Trump eased some of those back, but not all of them.
                  I said much the same here

Oh, and here's a future shocker for travelers... California wants to TAX people for every mile they travel by vehicle (not human powered bicycles, either). California is DEM controlled, under the State regulatory system. This is what they want for the rest of the USA, too.
                  That idea actually came out of Oregon 10 years or so ago. Seems that as a result of the population switching to more fuel efficient vehicles, the state was was seeing its gas tax revenues fall.

Of course, the fact that smaller, lighter cars cause less wear and tear on the roads and therefore require less money to be spent to maintain them didn't matter much. Very likely 'cause like NY, the revenue raised by fuel taxes isn't dedicated to highway/bridge construction and maintenance, but is diverted to the general state coffers.

But wait, it gets better still. In order to levy a mileage tax, some folks want to mandate GPS tracking devices be installed in vehicles. Hows that for 1984? Government mandated tracking devices, monitored by the govt. No, thanks.

Comment

Still no answer?
                    I'm still waiting on my answer to when I asked SG about what Jesus meant when he said "this generation". I think that was a year or so ago?
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      I'm still waiting on my answer to when I asked SG about what Jesus meant when he said "this generation". I think that was a year or so ago?
                      Could be worse man, she's waited over 2000 years for a comeback tour..........
                      sigpic

Comment

You expect me to answer so soon? Jeeze.. I dropped by for a few minutes and had to leave. Was thinking of replying but got interrupted several times, and can't write anything off the top of my head at the moment... but bleep-bleep, have I been *thinking* plenty... You'll just have to wait... thought of writing something short, but it might turn into another novel (in addition to what is noted in this quickie post).
                        No, just like Tood, I expect an answer.
                        This is basically -your- thread, for you to discuss biblical prophecy, but when you are questioned, you vanish, even from your own fellow Christians.
                        Also, had MAJOR things going on at the homefront. Things like birthdays and ohhhhhhhh, the internet keeps updating programs... found out the night the plug went out - we got upgraded and phone service required MAJOR repair (that affected internet access, too)... oh, and computer headaches because the hardware was old and dying... still not replaced.
                        I had a cat I had not seen in almost 2 years that I thought was dead show up, and I had to chase down her files and de-sexing certificates to get her from the pound.
                        My kids also went back to school, so did my wife, so I had to prepare for that as well.
                        I still responded to you, but sure, keep making up excuses.
                        Did the dog eat your bible as well?
                        Plus, age related (*beauty*) sleep needed...
                        We all need sleep.
                        Been on FB for hours every day, because one of my friends likes to post a zillion messages for me to look at. Trying to find a happy medium and hope she'll run out of things to look for.... LOL...
                        You have hours for FB, but no time for this, then claim a lack of time as an excuse?
                        Right..............

If I have time from all of our home event things, maybe I'll be back. Meantime... I think you're all looking in the wrong direction -- that is a nice way of saying you're all nutzo.
                        Trump is NOT the anti-Christ, he's just a thorn in the Dems POV and mind. I had a better word for that, but can't remember it now ~ I've heard that "Memory" is the first to go... except mine was never there to begin with....
                        You can add intelligence, critical thinking and objectiveness to that list.
                        Good thing you won't remember it though.

And there is no theocracy system being enforced. We almost went into a dictatorship under the Obama Administration, but that's too complicated to explain here. Been thru all that info before, anyway.
                        ROFLMFAO!!!!!!
                        I'm not sure you would know what any kind of Dic-whatever was, let alone a political structure.

BTW, Bernie Sanders said that Trump wasn't "presidential" in his State of the Union address, because Trump didn't mention (or focus on) Climate Change!!! OMG... 50 years ago, I've seen these weather patterns change before and repeat in cycles. We're experiencing CLIMATE "conditions" that I grew up with... Bernie needs to give it a rest, along with Nancy Pelosi and her antics. I forgot what nutty comments she was making.
                        Bernie was speaking about threats to the US, and climate change is a threat, but sure, call them climate "conditions".
                        Perhaps if we gave cyclones, hurricanes, floods, snowstorms, etc, the names of prophets or guns, you morons would take them more seriously?
                        Please learn something about the economy, please.
                        They want to increase fuel excise tax, so what?
                        REPUBS fought to let guns within 100 feet of schools, therefore repubs want to shoot kids, and that's what they want for all of the USA, too.
                        As for sticking to prophecy... True, Biblical Christianity is slipping away.
                        Do you determine biblical truth now?
                        It won't be a prominent factor when the last major world war starts/ends. The "Christianity" that is replacing fundamental Bible beliefs is watered down. This is what is invading many Churches now in the USA.
                        Invading?
                        OK
                        Some of the comments in the past few pages of this topic here, sound frantic for nothing.
                        You're all worried about nothing! "OMG, the world's gonna END...!!!"
                        yeah, eventually, but not now, and not the way some of you may be thinking.
                        So why bother to bring it up?
                        Seriously, why bother?
                        But since most of you don't believe in the Bible prophecies (which are merely being tracked in this topic -- to see/witness how true or not is actually may be), so WHY are you sooooooooooo worried ~ if *none* of it is true, thus won't ever happen?
                        Why track something that is not real, and will not happen in the way you expect?
                        Other peoples belief is irrelevant here, it is -your- belief, you, specifically SG.
                        Sorry for the choppy, cryptic sounding comments, but I've got other home-related things to tend to at the moment. Bye.
                        Yeah, ok.
                        sigpic

Comment

They want to increase fuel excise tax, so what?
                          No, they want to add a new tax on miles driven, in addition to the existing taxes.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...s-mileage-tax/

They CLAIM the money is needed for road repairs/construction. I can't speak for Calif. but in NY, where we have very high gasoline and vehicle use taxes, they are always crying for more money too. The problem I have is that the state does not dedicate the taxes levied on gas and other vehicle essentials to roads/bridges, it is diverted to the general fund.

If the taxes levied on drivers were not used for other things, they would have enough to pay for road/bridge work.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                            No, they want to add a new tax on miles driven, in addition to the existing taxes.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...s-mileage-tax/

They CLAIM the money is needed for road repairs/construction. I can't speak for Calif. but in NY, where we have very high gasoline and vehicle use taxes, they are always crying for more money too. The problem I have is that the state does not dedicate the taxes levied on gas and other vehicle essentials to roads/bridges, it is diverted to the general fund.

If the taxes levied on drivers were not used for other things, they would have enough to pay for road/bridge work.
                            supposedly that's what the the Thruway tolls are supposed to be for but you know the greedy fat cats in Albany

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              supposedly that's what the the Thruway tolls are supposed to be for but you know the greedy fat cats in Albany
                              *snicker* Remember when Albany promised the tolls would be removed when it was paid off, 1996?

Wonder what happened to that?

And it appears this year they're trying to force all users to use passes, rather than paying cash tolls, presumably so they can fire the toll collectors to save money. Why don't they save even more and remove the tolls?

Oh, and the idiot in the statehouse wants to rename the $4 Billion replacement for the Tappan Zee bridge after Idiot Sr. (Mario Cuomo, aka his father)
                              Last edited by Annoyed; 01 February 2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

For all you curious ones and *critics*, I could have left huge chunks of info out of the below post, but thought what I quoted was necessary for greater clarification.

I *did* answer ...sigh... but alas, here it is again --tracing back to May 21st, 2016, 05:53 PM up thru August 16th, 2016, 12:20 AM, in DETAIL-- as a *refresher* on the noggin memory in overload drive...

Let's start with a previous reference at post #513 (by SGalisa), note below...

How can we know 100%..? We don't. But by *faith* in the roadmap (the Bible) has placed before us, we can pretty much figure out where the mysterious pieces of the puzzle belong. Paraphrasing what Jesus did say in Matthew 24 and Luke 21-- "when you see all these things beginning to take place.. wake up and know that my return is near!"

I don't think (or believe) the "trumpets" sounded in Revelation will be audibly heard by humans. There's also the "Seals" (sealing of the chosen or elect) that occurs prior to the "trumpets" being sounded, and the "bowl" judgements that get poured out after the "trumpets" make noise.

BTW, I know the following comment is (or might be) pure silly stuff -- but if the whole "end of this age" is occurring NOW -- that means the *approximate* season or timeframe might be within the next few months or years within my own lifetime -- when the world news noted that Donald Trump finally made it to the final Republican potential candidate position, and IF he wins the 2016 election (or even if he doesn't), is HE the last *TRUMP* that will be heard (short for Trumpet)..? Afterall, his devoted voters are sort of being termed as
                                "Trumpeteers" .. freaky coincidence? One can only wonder when compiling all of the other eventful details together..

I've also heard over the past several years about some sort of mysterious hum that many people in various places around the world have audibly been hearing. I tried to hear the videos about that particular "hum" which has been described as a low-toned blast or series of hum-like blasts, but I doubt if that is one of the trumpets that are mentioned in the book of Revelation.. tho it could be.

I also heard that a shofar being sounded is sort of like a trumpet. The one I read about was mentioning about the events that occur during the Jewish feast of trumpets, which in 2016 will occur at "Feast of Trumpets: October 2-3, 2016". Also, possibly noteworthy to mention is that at some future time following the "Feast of Trumpets" are the events for the
                                * Day of Atonement -- October 11-12, 2016
                                and the
                                * Feast of Tabernacles/Shelters/Harvest: October 16-23, 2016
                                In Messianic symbolism, that might make sense for salvation -- atonement and then the harvest field is brought into the "Tabernacle" shelters. Maybe that's just a random thought, but someone else on another website brought it up, so this is merely a curious thought.
                                Then see aretood2's-----post #515, as noted below...
                                "This generation"
                                What does he mean by "this generation?" It's an important question to ask.

Don't forget what the next verse says "Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." What does he mean by "this generation?" It's an important question to ask.

The Shofar is exactly what Revelations is referring to. It's used to announce times of Jewish Festivals. So it is used in the vision to announce the times, or mark periods or events of importance...or rather visions of importance. For emphasis drawing upon old testament imagery.

Again, the question in aretood2's-----post #515
                                "This generation"
                                What does he mean by "this generation?" It's an important question to ask.

.....Well, please note the following response.....
                                I answered it in post #518 -- as best I could answer, even tho it still sounds like a round-a-bout answer. If it is happening within my own generation, then what signs are we looking for and who or what eventful items have taken their place in this prophetic warning ~ That is what I focused on, because people are still seeking the answer(s) to Jesus' comment. BTW, I gave specific details in my reply as to who and "what" was being looked at. .....Can't help it if the rest of you all got seriously distracted and so sidetracked that your comments were jumping down into some bunny holes --so deep-- that you forgot to look for the answer.

aretood2--will reply to your question later, since I came up with several different answers. In the meantime...

Wow. So much happening lately.
                                Posting it here, than in the politics topic, because some of this goes waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic there. Okay here to skid down some new bunny trails--all possibly connected with historical prophecies regarding the New World Leader/United Earth-World Gov't still yet to come... Considering some of this info under the "conspiracy" category, because that is exactly what this is at this point.. pure speculations by many who have stumbled upon these items..

...Anywho, in the Biblical spectrum, which also interconnects at a different level (way) with aretood2's inquiry
                                What does he mean by "this generation?

..me, and a few others studying earth's future "prophesies," have been trying to figure out if our timeline in the here and now is part of the (generation that will see the) revealing of the "beast" (or the "anti-christ") who causes the abomination of desolation, and if yes, then which cast of "players" will be connected to this Anti-christ that Revelation 13 states will someday rule over the earth. If God is permitting a *great deception* to occur that if possible, even believers in Jesus Christ might be led astray, then WHAT or WHO is that great deception? Who is behind this event that makes the deception so vivid that most of the naive world would believe in its lie..?

Is Hillary Clinton involved (thus, why mentioning all of those news articles above)..? Since George Soros is often labeled as someone sooooooo evil, does George Soros have connections to the Anti-Christ, as described in the Bible..? By now, people speculating on this should realize that George doesn't look like he has enough years left in him to complete the mission of being the actual Anti-Christ.

So, if he is connected to evil incarnate----would it be one of his own children being prepped and inspired to carry on that legacy (they are of Jewish ancestry) or who would become that anti-christ persona? That's why the story of Alex Soros was intriguing, at best -- Alex seems like an overall nice guy, so far. VP potential Kaine is a democrat, which some folks commenting at the end of certain news articles, have rewritten as being a member of the demon-rat political party system.. Oh, what a tangled web (tapestry?) our world is weaving..!
                                Hal Lindsay (and a few other prophecy experts) believes "this generation" is the one generation which will be alive when both of the following items and events occur----
                                1 --when Israel is back in its original homeland as a nation, AND
                                2 --when all of the signs given for the prophecy happen within the same general ("generation" alive at that time) timeframe and converge all together in unison, like "birth pains". That is the clue and what to look for. The "who" is involved are described in the book of Revelation 7-19.

If you want to know exactly WHICH generation the verse applies to, then seek out God for the answer. People living thruout history won't have any final answer, unless they are living thru that actual time period and WILL KNOW 100% that the information given applies directly to the generation they are living in at that moment. The clues are in 3 of the 4 gospels and book of Revelation regarding the signs of what to look for that will signal the "return" of Jesus / coming of Israel's Messiah (on a rescue mission for the Jewish populations) on earth/Israel at that time (or "hour").

As far as we in the 20th century knew and understand our world's history, nuclear weapons did NOT exist during the time Jesus of Nazareth walked upon earth alive in human form. However, it is believed by scientists who know what a nuclear explosion looks like and Christians who have studied the Bible -- to equate Revelation 6:14 to be an exact description of what or how a nuclear explosion appears to look like. The description in this verse *may* be pinnacle to comprehending what signals (significant events) we should be on the lookout for that surround the "return" of Israel's Messiah in Revelation 19.

Comment

Working...
                                X