Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tracking Earth's Future via Current Events, etc.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PCP (whom LSoScare drove out of business) was always bemoaning how little we as a race really know about how our bodies work. She was wise enough to know that we're still confined to the shallow end of the pool, so to speak. One of the reasons I kept her as my PCP for 30 years was that wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      My PCP (whom LSoScare drove out of business) was always bemoaning how little we as a race really know about how our bodies work. She was wise enough to know that we're still confined to the shallow end of the pool, so to speak. One of the reasons I kept her as my PCP for 30 years was that wisdom.

That's beyond the point. The point is that you still trust the doctor to cure your ailments or at least mitigate them despite the fact that A, there is still a lot that we don't know. B, our understanding of the human body has changed in much the same way our understanding of climate change has changed. and D, that despite those changes, you still trust medical professionals to be able to heal or at least make things to not be as bad. Climatologist would be your doctor in this case.
      Yes, there is a lot we don't know and just like medicine, there is a lot of guess work. Just as you can be sick, the Earth is sick...and maybe we should put some faith into climatologists just as you put faith into your doctor.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

That's beyond the point. The point is that you still trust the doctor to cure your ailments or at least mitigate them despite the fact that A, there is still a lot that we don't know. B, our understanding of the human body has changed in much the same way our understanding of climate change has changed. and D, that despite those changes, you still trust medical professionals to be able to heal or at least make things to not be as bad. Climatologist would be your doctor in this case.
        Yes, there is a lot we don't know and just like medicine, there is a lot of guess work. Just as you can be sick, the Earth is sick...and maybe we should put some faith into climatologists just as you put faith into your doctor.
        The difference is that the the Doctor freely admitted that she or her profession didn't know much. That counts for a lot with me. Same as when she made a minor error and told me about it at once; if she hadn't told me, I would have probably never known. But again, that says this person is playing straight with me.

The envrios, on the other hand, go around pretending that they know everything, when in fact they can't prove their claims at all. Hell, that can't even decide what their claims are.

Comment

The envrios, on the other hand, go around pretending that they know everything, when in fact they can't prove their claims at all. Hell, that can't even decide what their claims are.
          But they have proved several of their claims. And just like for medical science which has differing theories on any given condition, so do they. Can't you see the similarity? Ask a group of scientists why we dream and you get a different answer from each group. Same thing for why we get canker/cold sores. Same thing for a host of other medical stuff, things that you would think they'd have down to...well...a science. Half the time your PCP was probably making wild (although highly educated) guesses about your health (hints the mistake you reference).

So, can they be a bit prideful? Yeah, sure, and if that's the case then they as a field have a lot to learn. But that does not impact their work anymore that your PCP. You liked her honesty but that honesty had 0 impact on her ability to diagnose and treat you or anyone.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

And the dishonesty of the enviros has just as big an impact.
            When one of the high priests of their religion, a member of the UN's IPCC? is quoted publicly and stands behind his quote stating that "we use environmental policy to redistribute wealth", guess what happens to the credibility of the movement?

Comment

I go with facts. On one side you have dozens and dozens of scientific research. On Annoyed's side, all I ever hear is this one guy from the UN. It seems unbalanced
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

There are also a crapload of leaked e-mails showing their data is faulty, if not outright falsified, as I recall.
                This is not a newly developing stinkfishpot. it's been going on for years, and there have been more than enough adequately documented bits and pieces over the years for me to come to an irreversible conclusion. It's not my fault if you choose to ignore it.

Comment

It's? my policy to ignore crackpot and conspiracy theories that have little basis in facts
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

There are also a crapload of leaked e-mails showing their data is faulty, if not outright falsified, as I recall.
                    This is not a newly developing stinkfishpot. it's been going on for years, and there have been more than enough adequately documented bits and pieces over the years for me to come to an irreversible conclusion. It's not my fault if you choose to ignore it.

And that's what that guy who almost shot up that pizza place thought about Clinton.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Almost?? I thought they did shoot up the pizza place
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

And that's what that guy who almost shot up that pizza place thought about Clinton.
                        I'm not defending the guy who almost shot up the pizza place (or anyplace else for that matter) but there are similarities here. Just as with Clinton, there has been a continuing stream of damning information coming out over a long enough time period, that there has to be something stinky going on. Yes, as with Clinton, no one has brought charges or proven anything in a court of law, but with the continuous stream of smoke wafting out of the windows, there has to be a fire there.

Comment

They should both be in jail
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm not defending the guy who almost shot up the pizza place (or anyplace else for that matter) but there are similarities here. Just as with Clinton, there has been a continuing stream of damning information coming out over a long enough time period, that there has to be something stinky going on. Yes, as with Clinton, no one has brought charges or proven anything in a court of law, but with the continuous stream of smoke wafting out of the windows, there has to be a fire there.
                            That's because there's nothing to charge with. You are basically behaving the same way people complain about when it comes to publicly judging people accused of sexual harassment with no evidence. The mere fact that you think that Clinton has some sort of secret child trafficking ring is down right ridiculous and seriously brings not only your intelligence but your sanity into question.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, Duh... That guy. Ok, I wasn't agreeing with him on a child sex ring either.
                              TBH, there have been so many accusations of impropriety leveled at Clinton, I can't easily remember them all. Forgot that one was off the rails altogether.

Comment

But aretood has a point. You want to pass judgement without evidence
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X