No announcement yet.

Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy new year everyone! Great art once again from everyone.
    sigpic

Comment

Jumble: Thanks for letting me know that occasionally there are restrictions on entries. I will make sure to read thoroughly each challenge before participating.

For now though, I think I will restrain myself on the StarTrek inspired sig as I do not think I could do justice to the image in my head for an SG ship and star chart. (But... argh, inspiration again...)

RodneyIsGood: Glad you enjoyed! The last one was very fun. I was only sad when I checked the transcript, that like I thought, Daniel did not outright say in the film that the pyramids were landing pads for aliens. That would have made for a good quote with the manip.

Speaking of quotes, that is an awesome play on words with your sig entry quote!

Nolamom: I like the gear and swirling time background.

Ikorni: Get well fast! Like, by tonight, so you can fully enjoy New Years Eve!

Hyndara71: I do love men with wings. And yeah, another non-Grimm watcher here.

Anyway.

I seem to be going on about inspiration a lot but I just cannot help it—you guys are awesome at it! So, honors go to Estrela for the textual treatment of this one...

Happy New Years!
      sigpic
      My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

@ A. Karswyll:
        GW is funny today - and fast. Sorry, my mouse was faster than I was .
        What I wanted to say, that "man with wings" has two roots:
        1. the last interview that winged mister gave before he went on vacation during the filming break. There he mentioned that no one would want to see him "shirtless". It's a sort of insider-joke because one of his co-stars had a huge shirtless scene at the beginning of this season and started a campaign for more on Twitter - while poor David ... was a bit abadoned, or felt that way.
        2. An angel because the last aired episode his character turned into the complete opposite; a coldblooded killer full of anger. I'm not alone with wanting Nick calm down again while David G. is enjoying his new badass-role.
        Well, at the end it comes down to bad-fan Hyn (me). I like to ... well, to play games and poke and provoke my "stars".

So, happy new year to all of you, Artlers!
        Last edited by Hyndara71; 31 December 2012, 07:30 AM.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Happy New Year to those who are already there! I'm one of the last to get to it, I think!

Hyn, seriously love that angel Nick sig! Would you mind doing a tut for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

And I see it got the GW all clear - nice sig!
            Thanks! And, yep, it did indeed get past.

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            Well, I was a little ... uhm ... spoiled during the last weeks I think. Got so much kudos it's time for me to fall back on earth again . So, it's okay. I know I'm an outsider here.
            Well, if you want to give Grimm a second chance let me know and I will try my best to guide you through some awesome episodes. True, not every one is a good one - well, some of them are like whine, they need some time to breathe .
            I kinda feel like an outsider here too. Not much fanfare for Supernatural here but I still enjoy the company. Everyone here is awesome so I can overlook the lack of SPN art. Besides, I think I make enough SPN art to begin with. And I will take you up on that offer if I get the chance to watch Grimm...I have a feeling that I will like it, based on what I've seen already. Also, the guy, Nick is it? ...featured in your great sigs is pretty good lookin'.

It's the title of my journal: "Fading pics". Except the interim one all my header had this theme that not everything is clear visible or I tried to let some parts "fade away" if you get what I mean, just what I did on this one with the faces, especially with Bitsie's (Juliette's) face. I'm not completely happy with this one because I still think Sasha's (Sean's) face isn't visible enough (but I WANTED the sword as part of the Header!) but overall I like it. So, thank you !
            Got it. And, you're welcome. Now that I understand everything, I like the title of your journal.

And it looks great! Awesome work, RiG!
            Thank you!

And I also "like" (if I can say that this way) your current sig. It was horrible what happened and I love the idea that all this innocent children are angels now .
            Thanks. Though I wish they didn't have to be angels now. I believe they are in heaven and that their incredible teachers are still watching over them.

Talking about Angel-Nick *hehe* (no challenge-entry, just a little playing with caps):
            http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/angelava.jpg
            http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/angelsig.jpg
            What is it about wings that make men so attractive? Love them!

EDIT:
            Talking about ignoring - sorry, RiG! The sig looks great and "damn" isn't a too bad word. Love it!
            Thanks! And don't worry about "ignoring me* ...it happens.

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
            Jumble: Thanks for letting me know that occasionally there are restrictions on entries. I will make sure to read thoroughly each challenge before participating.

For now though, I think I will restrain myself on the StarTrek inspired sig as I do not think I could do justice to the image in my head for an SG ship and star chart. (But... argh, inspiration again...)

RodneyIsGodney: Glad you enjoyed! The last one was very fun. I was only sad when I checked the transcript, that like I thought, Daniel did not outright say in the film that the pyramids were landing pads for aliens. That would have made for a good quote with the manip.
            Hmmm, I could have sworn he did say that. Maybe he said it in the show? The episode

Speaking of quotes, that is an awesome play on words with your sig entry quote!
            I wish I could take credit for it but, alas, I did not write it. That honor belongs to Eric Kripke, creator of Supernatural and writer of the episode "All Hell Breaks Loose II", which my sig is based on. But I agree that it is a great play on words.

I seem to be going on about inspiration a lot but I just cannot help it—you guys are awesome at it! So, honors go to Estrela for the textual treatment of this one...

Love these! Took me a few moments to realize that "The One Ring" is the Stargate.

Happy New Years![/CENTER]
            Happy New Years!

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
            Happy New Year to those who are already there! I'm one of the last to get to it, I think!
            I'm with you there. It's still 2012 for me.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Challenge entry:

A. Karswyll, love that One Ring sig - very effective! I love how people here pick up inspiration from each other

Happy New Year to those of you who are already in 2013 and to those of you yet to leave 2012 Just over six hours to go for us here
              sigpic
              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                Happy New Years!

I'm with you there. It's still 2012 for me.
                Originally posted by josiane View Post
                Challenge entry:

<snip>

Happy New Year to those of you who are already in 2013 and to those of you yet to leave 2012 Just over six hours to go for us here
                Gorgeous wallie, josi!

And I have a good 13 hours before the new year here.

Comment

I don't quite understand why anyone feels like an outsider here - the whole point of creating this thread was to have a place where any art could be posted rather than sticking to a single fandom as is done on other threads. This way we get to see lots of different subjects and pick up tips and inspiration from people that we wood not normally come across unless we happen to follow the same fandom as they do - the variety on here is amazing!

There was a time when I was the only one on GW making MartinArt (and considered to be quite barmy by some ), but it didn't stop me posting my art and enjoying it. If others like it and pay me compliments - great! If they don't, so what? I've learned an enormous amount from everyone that posts here and consider you all to be my friends even if we do have vastly different preferences in fandom - it's the art and the camaraderie that matters
                  Last edited by Jumble; 31 December 2012, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I rather like it that everyone has certain fandom arts that they specialize in as well as doing others. It gives everyone a chance to see other things. There are some shows I watch for which I've never done artwork. (Grimm, NCIS Los Angeles, etc.) Likewise, there are some shows that I haven't seen, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying the artwork generated by others from it! (Avengers, Thor, etc.) It would be a little boring, in my opinion, if EVERYONE did the same fandom art.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Happy New Year!
                      sigpic

Comment

I think there are times we all feel overlooked here....It's happened with me, too. But that's just life, imho. We have art that we do that makes a bigger splash than others. That, and life gets busy for everyone. I felt like the holidays were just so busy for me that I barely had time to look at art, much less make it.

Another thing that makes this thread so unique--and can result in that overlooked feeling--is the international nature of it. Some shows are on in Europe or Australia that aren't on in the US. And vice versa. Some of us see things before others. So we understand the art before others. Doesn't mean any one particular artist is bad. Just that they've got different tastes in art.

Okay, done musing on that.

Some new art for me, focusing on a recent fascination with the entire Bourne series. I'm writing an Aaron/Marta, Jason/Nicky piece right now.

Comment

That's true lg, I've barely had time to post my Martinmas stuff here lately, let alone catch up with the thread. I'm pretty sure we've all been busy over the last couple of weeks

Those are very pretty - I don't think I've even heard of the Bourne series

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            That's true lg, I've barely had time to post my Martinmas stuff here lately, let alone catch up with the thread. I'm pretty sure we've all been busy over the last couple of weeks

Those are very pretty - I don't think I've even heard of the Bourne series
                            Thanks, Jumble.

The Bourne series started out with Matt Damon's "The Bourne Identity" in 2002. From there, we had "The Bourne Supremacy" (2004), "The Bourne Ultimatum" (2007), and Jeremy Renner's "The Bourne Legacy (2012).
                            Spoiler:
                            The general plotline, without giving away too many spoilers, is that Matt Damon plays a government assassin who loses his memory. That's a very general plotline. Lots of action, car chases, motion-sickness-inducing camera work. The Bourne Legacy, the latest one, is my preferred one for several reasons. 1) Jeremy Renner 2) The camera work is not quite so bouncy and sickening. But I like the general plotline of all three movies.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                              Thanks, Jumble.

The Bourne series started out with Matt Damon's "The Bourne Identity" in 2002. From there, we had "The Bourne Supremacy" (2004), "The Bourne Ultimatum" (2007), and Jeremy Renner's "The Bourne Legacy (2012).
                              Spoiler:
                              The general plotline, without giving away too many spoilers, is that Matt Damon plays a government assassin who loses his memory. That's a very general plotline. Lots of action, car chases, motion-sickness-inducing camera work. The Bourne Legacy, the latest one, is my preferred one for several reasons. 1) Jeremy Renner 2) The camera work is not quite so bouncy and sickening. But I like the general plotline of all three movies.
                              Ah, movies! Now I'm with you I haven't seen any of them, but I have at least heard of them

And let's face it lg, just about anything Jeremy does is bound to get your seal of approval

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                                I kinda feel like an outsider here too. Not much fanfare for Supernatural here but I still enjoy the company. Everyone here is awesome so I can overlook the lack of SPN art. Besides, I think I make enough SPN art to begin with.
                                Yeah, I know where you are coming from. There is also only a limited number of Grimm-artists. And all of us are also bond to fansites or forums. I mean, only I am capping for a David-G.-fansite and was asked by the owner if I would be able to create a bunch of official icons and Team-banners for the boards. I'm pretty proud of that, especially because I think my art isn't this good ...
                                As for SPN ... don't know why. I've only made a couple of arts for the show but a fan from the very first episode. Sometimes, you know I'm making some art, especially Dean or Castiel related. Not such a fan of Sam and never found a real good pic of Bobby (my third favourite - well, before he died).

And I will take you up on that offer if I get the chance to watch Grimm...I have a feeling that I will like it, based on what I've seen already. Also, the guy, Nick is it? ...featured in your great sigs is pretty good lookin'.
                                I would be happy to guide you through *bows*. There are a couple of episodes you HAVE to watch (or instead of it know what was going on there) to get what the show is about and especially this season (2nd season) is very serial, even the "special" episode had something in it to continue the season's storyarc.
                                Yep, the sig *thanks again to Yamii for this awesome set!* is Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli), the main-character - and of course he is HAWT! I like that he's sometimes looking like a little boy, other times like his real age. And thanks to TPTB he has a well trained body now.
                                But there are some other attractive guys too - or just likeable. Personally I only cannot stand one character, and this disliking grew during the second season and I'm a little lonely with this disliking I fear. The most other Grimmsters are still enjoying Hank joining Team Grimm
                                Okay, enough advertising now!

Got it. And, you're welcome. Now that I understand everything, I like the title of your journal.
                                *blushes* Thanks! I think I came to "Fading pics" because of SGA. I started making art right after Atlantis was cancelled. Things or people we love but are gone begin to fade away in the memory. That was the reason why I choosed this title.

Thank you!
                                You're welcome

Thanks. Though I wish they didn't have to be angels now. I believe they are in heaven and that their incredible teachers are still watching over them.
                                I was shocked when I learned about what happened. Dead children is something I only barely can stand I have to say. Too much personal experience with this topic I fear. It's horrible for the families, especially for the parents of those kids, to deal with their death ...

What is it about wings that make men so attractive? Love them!
                                What can I say? Sometimes David seems like an angel (other times he's truly an badass, like the most men ).

Thanks! And don't worry about "ignoring me* ...it happens.
                                I really love it!

@ Josi:
                                Awesome entry! Love it !

@ lg:
                                Uhm ... oookay, will try my best

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                                Sig & Avi by Josi
                                sigpic
                                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X