Comment

Gorgeous arts everybody!
      sigpic
      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

(banner by M&M)

Week 51 – 7in7 icons
        (suggested by Ladygris)

Put seven icons onto one canvas – that way each set counts as just one pic,
        thereby allowing several enries each

Themes:

Favourite…………

Male character
        Female character
        Singer
        Band
        Male actor
        Female actor
        Song

Size: Either 120x120px or 100x100px
        Text: Any
        Pics: Any

RodneyIsGodney

Nolamom

Jumble

Ikorni

Yamiinsane

ShaViva

RocketScientist

Comment

(banner by Maneth)

Tutorial Week 15

This week is a Tutorial Week. For the first week every month, we don’t issue a challenge, but instead want to encourage thread participants to share their expertise and try something new, using tutorials.

This is how it works:

Spoiler:
          1. Share a tutorial: Write a tutorial for a piece of art you have made recently, or post a piece of art you have made with the link to the tutorial you followed when you made it.

2. Follow a tutorial: Use one (or more) of the tutorials that other thread members have shared during the week to make a piece of art of your own.

The idea is that we should both teach something and learn something throughout the week

It’s not obligatory to do both, if you’re limited for time, but we’d like to encourage you to please both share and follow at least one tutorial if at all possible.

At the end of the week we will post all the tutorials along with any art made following each tutorial, so that we can see all the different interpretations all together.

Please PM your entries, including a link to the tut, to Josiane

Comment

Amazing artwork this week everyone I'm sad I didn't come up with anything but my muse wouldn't cooperate... maybe it's because I've got too many favorites and I couldn't choose just one
            sigpic

Comment

Great entries gals!

Hmmm, tut week...not my favorite, but, I'll get by.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME.

Comment

Great sets, artlers!
                I think I share the problem with meredithe, I have too much favourites to choose. Besides that I still don't have a clue how I should put my favourite song into artwork. Something I try since it was released in 1990 *sigh*
                Tut-week, well, I'm again out of this. Not the best in explaining and surely not the best in using Tuts. We'll see ...

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Lovely entries, everyone! I wanted to participate, but my muse flat-out refused. Either way, some great work on those icons! And, yes, I also have too many favorites.

Okay, this turned out to be one of my favorite sigs, so I thought I'd do a tut for it.

To make this in Gimp:

Spoiler:
                  You will need:

NOTE: Unless I say otherwise, open all these as layers in your current canvas, not in a new window.

Open your canvas. I used 500x180 for mine.

Open your first picture—the character/actor. For this one, you want something that has similar coloring to Renner's pic here.

Open the second image—the Brooklyn bridge. Set to Soft Light, opacity 100%. Using your smudge tool, smudge out the detail that covers your character/actor, leaving the coloring behind. Leave all other details in the background.

Open the third image—the Constellation of Time. Set to Lighten Only, opacity 100%. Erase whatever covers your character or that you don't want, leaving the sparkles behind.

Open your fourth image—the Denver skyline. Go to Filter-->Blur-->Gaussian Blur. Raise the settings to the point that all detail from the image is blurred out. Then, set this layer to Overlay, opacity 100%. Once again, erase whatever covers your character.

Open your fifth image—the faded numbers. Again, use the Gaussian Blur to remove all details. Set this to Overlay, opacity 100%.

Open your sixth image—the rainbow light texture. Desaturate it and set to Screen, opacity 100%. Then, move it around until only the light effect sweeps up and around your character.

Open your seventh image—the red light texture. For this one, go to Colors-->Colorize. Play with the settings until you've got a nice cyan/teal coloring. Set this to Lighten Only, opacity 100%. Then, move it around until you've got it positioned where you want it.

Open your eighth image—the Abstract wheel thing. Flip it horizontally and set to Overlay, opacity 100%. Now, using a large fuzzy eraser, erase everything you don't want in the image. For mine, I just wanted the texture in the lower left-hand corner of the sig.

Now, you're done with composition and on to text and coloring!

TEXT
                  Spoiler:
                  I used Nowharehouse in color #25170f for both his first and last name. For “Jeremy,” I set the layer mode to Grain Extract, opacity 100%. (I don't know the equivalent in PS. But it makes the color approximately equal to color #bbb8b3.) For “Renner,” I left the dark brown on Normal, opacity 100%.

COLORING
                  Spoiler:
                  Layer-->New from Visible

Curves
                  Value: 121, 112
                  Red: 121, 102
                  Blue: 119, 110

Channel Mixer
                  Red: 97.0, -7.3, 5.9
                  Blue: -3.8, -0.3, 106.8

Color Balance
                  Shadows: 29, 0, -4
                  Midtones: 13, 0, -28
                  Highlights: 2, 0, -5

Duplicate the layer you just colorized.

Hue/Sat
                  Sat: -50

Set New Layer to Normal, opacity 50%. This allows the brightness of the previous layer to shine through without the stark contrasts. It gives it a very vintage look—to me, anyway.

New Layer-->color #fcf1d6. Set to Multiply, opacity 100%.

Duplicate this color layer, erase the center and leave the corners to darken the corners down..

New Layer-->color #b8b8b8. Set to Multiply, opacity 45%. Again, erase the center and leave the corners.

And you're done! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Comment

I want to give your tut a try lg, that sig is awesome!

Oh, yeah, I made a new sig *points down*
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Awesome, I'm definitely going to have to try out that tut LG, though I'll have to find some type of texture or something similar to the background in the Renner pic. I think thats the coolest part of that sig 0:-) and I love your new sig RIG
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you! I normally don't "wear" the same sig/avi for more than a week, but I just really love that picture.

RiG, love your Jensen sig!

Comment

Thanks for the tut, lg

RIG: Love it!
                          sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                            and I love your new sig RIG
                            Thank you.

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
                            Thank you! I normally don't "wear" the same sig/avi for more than a week, but I just really love that picture.
                            I am so glad I found it.

RiG, love your Jensen sig!
                            Thank you.

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                            Thanks for the tut, lg

RIG: Love it!
                            Thanks!
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
                              Oh, yeah, I made a new sig *points down*
                              You should make a tut for it I love it!

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Lovely arties everyone! My muse wouldn't cooperate with me either on the icons, and I also have far too many favorites to choose! Of course, it would be possible to make more than one set, but I was unusually busy last week, and part of the difficulty is selecting which favorites work well together as a harmonious whole.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X