Artwork for All - challenges, graphics, tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
    Wooo, so many beautiful pics in the last couple of weeks! Unfortunately I need to spread some more green around elsewhere before the fridge unlocks I knew I wouldn't be able to quote all the pics I liked, but this one couldn't go without a mention....

*thunks*
    *drools*
    *is incapable of coherence*
    Thank you. You're welcome to snurch them, if you'd like. I don't use LOTR stuff.

Comment

Okay, just because I'm somewhat obsessive this way, here's the matching icon/sig for the wallie I made a while ago.

Comment

Tried something I've been wanting to do for a long time...

...I think it came out okay. ...and I strayed from Supernatural.

(I have no idea how many KB's it is sorry.)
        sigpic
        Sig by ME.

Comment

Nice
          On the edge of breaking down
          sigpic
          Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
            Tried something I've been wanting to do for a long time...

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...eous/wood2.png

...I think it came out okay. ...and I strayed from Supernatural.
            Whoa! That's a long stray from SPN

Care to share a tut? I feel a little Martinart coming on........

Comment

Awesome RIG!

Very nice lg!
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, RiG, that's fab!

It's 156KB though, btw, so should either be posted as a thumbnail or resized down. What program are you using again? If you're using PS then save it using the 'save for web & devices' option and then you have various ways to reduce the filesize - it'll show you the filesize in the options on the right hand side depending on whether you're saving as .jpg or .png If you're using GIMP then when you come to save it as a .jpg or .png likewise you should be able to lower the quality in order to bring the filesize down.

I can do a proper mini-tut with screenshots tomorrow if that would help you or anyone else? It is a GW-wide rule that all images have to be under 100KB in size so we do need to be careful to comply
                sigpic
                Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                  Awesome RIG!

Very nice lg!
                  Thank you.

Comment

Am-az-ing sig, Rig!!

I took this picture to make this:

That's my gift for X-Mas

Comment

@Josiane and DeliRicia: Thank you!

Originally posted by Glitch33 View Post
                      Nice
                      Thanks.

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                      Whoa! That's a long stray from SPN
                      I know. I thought I wood play with Martin for a change. Hope that's alright.

Care to share a tut? I feel a little Martinart coming on........

One tut, coming up!

Never written one before so pardon my crappy attempt...

...this is how I made the Martin sig with Gimp...

warning: this may be lame and stupid

A. Open a new image - 700x200 (your standard sig size)

B. Add text, doesn't matter what color it is - I always go with black - the font I used is called akaDylan Plain

C. Open the images you want place within the text - I wanted mine big enough to fit the letters - then minimze them so that they don't clutter your work space.

D. Open one image and, using the Elipse tool, cut out the part of your image that you wish to use. Crop is another way to say it.

E. Paste the image. Add a new layer for the image then add some contrast and brightness to the it- I don't remember the exact levels I went with so you can play around with it until you find what suits your fancy.

F. Then in the layer dialogue box go to Mode > Screen so that the image appears within the letters only.

G. Resize and reposition each layer as you like. You know best what size and where you want your images to be.

H. Next, merge all layers. I did this by starting with the lowest most layer and worked my way up, going the other way didn't work. Merging must be done before adding a border on the text!

I. This is easy: right click text layer > Alpha to Selection > Select > Grow...I went with 2px...> add new layer. I fill the layer before switching them around contrary to Maneth's tut. Then Select > None.

J. To remove the background...select background layer > delete layer. (or you could open the new (sig size) image with a transparent background - something I hadn't thought of until just now)

K. For "Martin": select the layer that you merged all the images too and add the text.

L. Add the border to that the same way as in I.

M. Then save as .png (not .jpg) otherwise you'll have a white background instead of transparent.

Okay, I hope my directions aren't too horrible. If there are any questions feel free to ask!

Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                      Awesome RIG!
                      Thank you!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME.

Comment

A new sig I made. It reminds me of why I smile so much.

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Yet another sig.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Great artwork everyone! Loved all the challenge entries. It's been a super busy week and hopefully I will have time at some point this weekend to play.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by me

Comment

Bailey, that's a beautiful wp! And an amazing first attempt at one

Thanks Jumble. I actually had no inspiration for the challenge until I started rewatching all the HP films

Thanks maneth, syfyfan & Josi!

Awesome challenge entries from everyone! I love seeing them all posted together!

Thanks for the link RiG

Love the Carson art, lg

Beautiful sigs max and Hyn

Great job on the MW sig RiG! And your tut is nicely done

That's a neat idea, DeliRicia! Love the design!

M, beautiful work

Hmm, Tutorial Week. Fabulous idea guys! Never actually written a tut, but I can give it a shot I guess...
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Jann (starlover) for the gorgeous sig!

Comment

I'm hopeless at following the directions of a tut. Maybe one that is *super* simple!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X