This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Maybe the explosion of media outlets over the past few decades hasn't been a good thing. Maybe we would be better off the old way.
    I agree to an extent, the Internet sure brought in the major downside that any slice of baloney out there can put up an article, and the jarheads who don't fact check will propagate the fake news.

That being said, I think the reason why you believe it was better ''in the old days'' is because there was simply no way for the common folks to verify if the information given to them was accurate or not. There was surely fake news, you just didn't know about it.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Trump is a blatant racist bigot ruling by division and hatred. His trade policies are sh*t. His tweets are moronic. He is an incompetent slice of baloney eating burgers and watching TV all day. He also wears a wig, without which he would look like Voldemort in a Harry Potter American spin-off.
      Amen! Trying to convince his base of this seems to be a loosing proposition...which is why I don't even bother. It is why I've pretty much stopped coming in this thread. I just don't understand how the man actually got elected. He was a bafoon in the public eye since about the 1980s.
      sigpic

Comment

It's not that difficult. Trump took Hitler's playbook
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

What a coincidence, just had word that Trump is about to declare National Emergency to finish the wall. Who needs democracy really?
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Democracy only works if you agree with it. Then it's best to support a dictatorship. I'm waiting for Trump to declare martial law
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Amen! Trying to convince his base of this seems to be a loosing proposition...which is why I don't even bother. It is why I've pretty much stopped coming in this thread. I just don't understand how the man actually got elected. He was a bafoon in the public eye since about the 1980s.
              It's really easy to understand. The policies of the past 30+ years have been extremely harmful to the average working man in this country. It's long since past time someone offered a fix.

Comment

What a coincidence, just had word that Trump is about to declare National Emergency to finish the wall. Who needs democracy really?
                who needs democracy? only those who have no problem with tyranny of the majority...which is why our government isn't a democracy but a constitutional republic

Comment

The Palestinian terrorist factions, along with their official government, are facing a tough ethical dilemma. When a Palestinian murders a Jew, he is declared a hero and gets a high monthly salary; his legal defense is funded from the American and European money given to the Palestinians as aid. When a Palestinian rapes an Israeli, he is considered a criminal and gets no aid.

But what is one to do with a Palestinian who rapes AND murders a Jew??
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Good! As long as it gets built.

But I do concede he would have been far smarter to have held to his position in the earlier shutdown and forced the Democrats to capitulate. This tactic is going to come back and bite the Republicans at some point in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      The Palestinian terrorist factions, along with their official government, are facing a tough ethical dilemma. When a Palestinian murders a Jew, he is declared a hero and gets a high monthly salary; his legal defense is funded from the American and European money given to the Palestinians as aid. When a Palestinian rapes an Israeli, he is considered a criminal and gets no aid.

But what is one to do with a Palestinian who rapes AND murders a Jew??
                      What to do with a Christian who rapes AND Murders an American?
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Good! As long as it gets built.

But I do concede he would have been far smarter to have held to his position in the earlier shutdown and forced the Democrats to capitulate. This tactic is going to come back and bite the Republicans at some point in the future.
                        Ya know why you fought a war of independence for don't you?
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Ya know why you fought a war of independence for don't you?
                          Absolutely.

And I concede this is establishing a bad precedent. Which is why I say Trump would have been smarter to not back down during the last shutdown. He would have eventually won that fight, but it would have taken time.

Another thing I'm concerned about is what else might be in this huge bill that funds the govt. As I understand it, they're pushing it through so fast that the congresscritters aren't gonna have time to read through it. I don't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            What to do with a Christian who rapes AND Murders an American?
                            Why, is someone paying them a salary in jail for the murder?
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              who needs democracy? only those who have no problem with tyranny of the majority...which is why our government isn't a democracy but a constitutional republic
                              Get that through your head, your government is a form of democracy. Accord or a Civic, they are both Hondas. You don't seem to have an issue with tyranny of the minority / idiocracy.

Absolutely.
                              And I concede this is establishing a bad precedent. Which is why I say Trump would have been smarter to not back down during the last shutdown. He would have eventually won that fight, but it would have taken time.
                              There is no difference, none whatsoever. Either he dictates how it's going to be, or he waits until the treasury runs dry and dictates how it's going to be. Both ways are wrong, both ways goes against freedom and democracy, which were until now I thought values you (Americans) held dear. Two scenarios, same outcome.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Did you not cite the figure of 60K as the eligibility point for free/discounted school lunch programs?
                                No.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X